~*~*Break Out Your Castor Oil - 2010 Edition~*~*

wow, your breaking out? I've never heard that before, is the oil leaking onto your skin/face?

No it's not leaking.
I have noticed that whenever i apply the oil around my temples and edges. If the oil happens to touch my forehead and i don't wipe it (no matter how little) i end up with a pimple or two.
Now i have one right in the middle of my forehead and i can't do anything to hide it :sad:

Mix the JBCO with another oil to counteract the itching
grapeseed oil, almond oil, or coconut oil

Oh ok I saw your last post but for some reason I didn't want to mix it with coconut oil cause it solidifies and I didn't want that. I'm try sweet almond oil, If not I think I may have grape seed.

Okay..I thought i was the only one with the itchies..from castor oil..

I will mix it with my grapeseed oil.

I saw someone mixed the castor oil with megatek..I might have to try that..

Last edited:
checking in! got my castor oil after i threatened the company....just in time too! The bottle i had just ran out!

I swear i will never order from jamaianblackcastoroil.com again.

If you are using the Lavender scented Castor Oil, how powerful is the lavender scent? I have original JCBO and I'm getting tired of smelling like smoked herring.

If you are using the Lavender scented Castor Oil, how powerful is the lavender scent? I have original JCBO and I'm getting tired of smelling like smoked herring.

It doesn't really smell of anything. I actually like the scent. I do not know what the original smells like but I am not bothered by the lavender one and I am usually very sensitive to smell.:yep:

checking in! got my castor oil after i threatened the company....just in time too! The bottle i had just ran out!

I had the same experience however unfortunately this is the only place I can find the lavender from in the UK so I think I will order now in the hope that I receive my item in the next 3 months....:ohwell:

how much are you ladies using for your scalp for each application, I feel like I'm going through my little bottle of jbco pretty quickly... I may be using too much each time...

I have the tropic Isle Lavender JBCO and it smells like lavender. You can't even smell the JBCO. I love the smell. haven't used it yet because I still have my reg JBCO to use up.
how much are you ladies using for your scalp for each application, I feel like I'm going through my little bottle of jbco pretty quickly... I may be using too much each time...

I only use a tiny bit. I squeeze some on my scalp and rub it in until my scalp has a shine. A little bit goes a long way.

Awww I'm so happy we are all going through this together. It's kinda funny how many of us have the itchies, but atleast we have each other. I cut back my usage and am going to mix mines with Sweet Almond oil and HTH.

I was able to put my hair into a ponytail puff and I actually seen my edges gelled. They are coming back ya'll. JBCO has helped as well as being gentle and keeping them moisturized. I think in a few more months they will be even fuller.

I need to order some more, where else can you order from other than jamaianblackcastoroil.com ...Sams has their oil on back order.

Today is hair day in my house. Right now all of us girls are pre-pooing with Castor/Coconut/Avocado oil mixed with conditioner. After I wash and detangle, I'll twist everyone up and reapply my castor/WGO mix.

I prefer JBCO over my regular CO, but it stinks. So, I have to get the lavender scented one for next time around. I feel like JBCO keeps my hair more moisturized than regular CO.

Oh man, I need to use less of of my jbco and sweet almond oil mix because last night I had the serious itchies :lol: I was laying in my bed slapping my head :lachen:

Oh man, I need to use less of of my jbco and sweet almond oil mix because last night I had the serious itchies :lol: I was laying in my bed slapping my head :lachen:

Sharifeh have you tried putting it in a really fine tipped applicator bottle and just applying quickly as you part your hair with the applicator tip. This way you control the amount and use a lot less.

Sharifeh have you tried putting it in a really fine tipped applicator bottle and just applying quickly as you part your hair with the applicator tip. This way you control the amount and use a lot less.

Ya I have it in an applicator bottle, no sure how fine the tip is though.
It helps when I heat the oil up a bit so I can actually feel it and not overuse it, it's hard for me to feel stuff on my scalp, my hair is so thick :lachen:
I'll try to go through my whole head quicker lol.
last night was definitely a fluke lol

Ya I have it in an applicator bottle, no sure how fine the tip is though.
It helps when I heat the oil up a bit so I can actually feel it and not overuse it, it's hard for me to feel stuff on my scalp, my hair is so thick :lachen:
I'll try to go through my whole head quicker lol.
last night was definitely a fluke lol

cool how about squeezing tiny pea sized amounts as you go and then massaging in? That aside you can get a small dish and just dab your fingers into it?

No it's not leaking.
I have noticed that whenever i apply the oil around my temples and edges. If the oil happens to touch my forehead and i don't wipe it (no matter how little) i end up with a pimple or two.
Now i have one right in the middle of my forehead and i can't do anything to hide it :sad:

oh no, do you have bentonite clay? If you make bentonite clay facial masks it will help with the breakouts. Let me know if you want to try it I'll PM you with more info.

I am with you, I couldn't take the smell so I mix mine.

You should be using very little less than 1/2 an ounce, unless you have a big head. :lachen:

I need to order some more, where else can you order from other than jamaianblackcastoroil.com ...Sams has their oil on back order.

try ebay or beautyofnewyork.com

checking in have been using my JBCO mix 3/4x week.

Need to get some fragrance oil though as it stinks a bit !!! :lachen:

I heard that, I couldn't take smelling like I put out forest fires for a living. :lachen:

Back