~*~*Break Out Your Castor Oil - 2010 Edition~*~*

I'll stick to applying CO and JBCO to my scalp. Doesn't seem to penetrate my hair at all.

Checking in. I've been applying my castor oil mix to my temples every other night and sealing my ends with it as needed. I am in love with my hair right now. Yesterday, I did a Bentonite treatment and followed that up with a DC mix of Aussies 3 minute Miracle with avocado oil and castor oil added. My hair was so soft and moisturized after rinsing. I didn't need to add anything else to it. I did baggy last night and my hair was like a cloud when I woke up. I'll definately be adding this to my regime. I almost forgot, I've dedicated an album in my fotki for this challenge http://public.fotki.com/NewlyNaturalAgain/my-hair-journey-1/feb-may-2010-castor/

Checking in, I am doing a mix of JBCO, MN, MT and a few drops of peppermint oil every single day!! I will not forget, I must not forget!!!!Lol!!

^^^^ Checking in too! I do the same thing. I use MT and CO together 2x/night. I don't get the crazy drippies b/c I don't put a lot on and my hair soaks it right up. Friday is wash day and I'm ready for it.

I'm still at it. I try to oil my scalp 2 - 3 times a week and do a pre-poo once a week. I've even taken to wearing a plastic cap nightly to really work it in.

The 16th made the 4 week marker for me and my hair is growing nicely and is very strong! :yep:

Last edited:
^^^^ Checking in too! I do the same thing. I use MT and CO together 2x/night. I don't get the crazy drippies b/c I don't put a lot on and my hair soaks it right up. Friday is wash day and I'm ready for it.

:lachen:I sometimes get the crazy drips when I am too heavy headed with the oils!! MT soaks it right up!

Hi, just checking in. I applied my CO/grapeseed oil combo 2x's this week. This is a better week for me. Last week I experienced the head pain.

Sweetie, are you having slow growth or is your hair breaking off and not getting longer? Are you saying you have no new growth at all after 2 months?

Checking in. Will apply for a 2nd time this week tonight.

Hi, I had some new growth, I permed my hair Bc it was breaking off, I guess that was a sign from my hair. I just feel hopeless, I never really been very good at taking care of my hair.

Hmmm I don't know!?! I got it from Sally's...Let me find another one to compare it to. This oil is really not that thick to me; like it's probably the consistency of grocery store syrup; and not Kings either. I think maybe this is just not a good brand. I hope my JBCO comes QUICK
I agree the oil isn't that thick, but I noticed in my Clariol bottle when I push the oil out I feel pressure, where the exact same bottle with EVOO in it I don't feel any pressure.

ok i still dont have my bottle of castor oil. I contacted the company and they claim they shipped it....im just going to cut my losses and order from sams247.com. Im trying to stretch the little bit i have :/

i will NEVER order from jamaicanblackcastoroil.com again! They dont answer emails unless you threaten them, and when you call the mailbox is full.

I don't know why this bothers me, but I hate when people don't fight for their money. Maybe because I know what it's like to not have any, but there has to be some options besides just letting them keep your money. Gl to you.
BTW- I was speaking in general as I notice a lot of people just say bump it when a company doesn't do right. This is probably how some companies make extra profit, from people who don't pursure anything further once they are burnt.

hi i having so much problems find a good regimen that will work with my hair, i just permed my here after 2month and i still have no growth, i must have very slow growing hair , please help cause i feel that even with challenge my hair won't grow.:wallbash:

What is your regimne as of now. You have to give some more details if you want help. How often are you relaxing? How often do you wash/condtion? What products are you using? Don't hold back. The better the info the better help you can recieve.

Hi, I had some new growth, I permed my hair Bc it was breaking off, I guess that was a sign from my hair. I just feel hopeless, I never really been very good at taking care of my hair.

If your hair was breaking you needed to find the reason for the breaking before relaxing and then fix it. How long has it been since your last relaxer? That is why you are here and I know exactly how you feel. Taking care of your hair is really simple. You just have to find what works for you. I know the boards can be overwhelming but beautiful hair comes with time and patience. Oh and also hard work and dedication.

I am also checking in. Still using my JBCO frequently .I am going to cop the Lavender one tomorrow or on my next day off.

Tonight I decided that since I am wearing a half wig these days I can pre-poo with JBCO tonight and where my plastic cap under my wig. This way I can get in a good 20 hours of pre-poo. :up::up:

Checking in, I just washed my hair and put 4 big braids in. I applied the JBCO to my edges, nape, parts/scalp and massaged. Now I am about to pin/tuck my ends under.

I am going to wear my wig with a satin scarf covering my braids tomorrow. I only use JBCO on wash days, I use the clear any other time.

Last edited:
My JBCO came yesterday but today my scalp is still wet/moist from my Tuesday application of castor oil and sulfur mix so I don't think I will pop it open until tomorrow when I wash my hair

I think I had been using entirely too much castor oil; my application bottle did not have a fine point so this weekend I will switch out the applicator bottle and use the wider tipped one for something else

hi CherryCherryBoomBoomQ!!

i just started using the mega tek, too!

btw, where did you find the lavender oil?

i would love to try that mix as well!

i'm kind of new on here, so definitely NOT an expert, but in response to your question:

i believe it depends on how often you wash your hair.
if you wash your hair 2 to 3 times a week, i'm sure the mix won't be a problem, but if you wash once every week or more, you might get alot of buildup making it harder to manage your hair.

hth and yes, the mt and co will surely help you meet your goals!

Sorry, I don't really know where the lavender oil is from cos one of my parents bought it for me. I assume it would be from somewhere like a drugstore or health store. Thanks for your answer by the way. My washing regimen varies a little, but mainly it's a shampoo wash once a week, with a co wash once or twice a week, I'll see how things go and tweak my growth mix regimen if necessary.

Hi, I'm just wondering, does it work better using your mix everyday rather than less often, like a twice a week? Does it give you quicker growth? I'm using this same mix and I'm just wondering how often is best to use it for best effects without wasting it.

I've been using Haitian Casotor oil on my ends and it has been the best so far. I find that the Haitian Castor oil is the best quality out of all of them. Too bad I can't find it in the states :(

Make three lists: on one list write down exactly what you do to your hair everyday. This includes how you style it and what you do with it for bed. It also includes exactly what you do to it when you wash it. Do you color? How often do you use heat, etc. Do you use rubberbands? Exactly what products do you use?

The 2nd list needs to be what your hair's environment is. What that means is do you wash your hair with hard water? Do you live in a cold dry climate or a hot humid one? Do you feed your hair with a diet of healthy food?

The third list needs to be all of the problems you see with your hair. Is it breaking? Is it dry? How are your edges? How is your scalp?

When you have these three lists you can make an honest assessment of your hair. Look at what you do and how it may be causing your problems. take each one of the problems and research remedies for them here on the board. Research all of the products you are using so you can understand if they are really right for your hair. Research techniques here on the board and on YouTube to improve how you care for your hair.

There is so much information here, this will help you make sense of it and focus your energies in the right direction. As you get each problem under control go back and cross it off your list. As you make adjustments to your hair's environment and what you do to your hair update those lists too. By the time you are done you'll understand what you need to do to maintain a healthy head of hair.

Checking in, I am doing a mix of JBCO, MN, MT and a few drops of peppermint oil every single day!! I will not forget, I must not forget!!!!Lol!!

When do you wash the MT MN JBCO mix out of your hair? I am getting an install today and I plan on mixing some MT in with my Castor & Peppermint Oil mix. I would like to do this 2-3 times a week for 2 weeks str8 w/o washing. I don't wanna wash the weave hair too often.

I finally got my JBCO in. I ordered it on Feb. 1, and got it Feb. 17th. I used it on my edges, and and scalp last night. This morning my hair was so smooth. I will use it every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, and I will use my OCT on Monday, Wednesday, Fridays. The products will be used on my scalp only. I will apply the jbco to my thinning area on my temple daily, with my OCT. Im trying to fill that spot in. One thing I can say is I have been using plain castor oil since 2/1 and when I take my hair down, it does have a thicker feeling. I can't wait to see how much progress the jbco offers. Happy growing ladies!!

When do you wash the MT MN JBCO mix out of your hair? I am getting an install today and I plan on mixing some MT in with my Castor & Peppermint Oil mix. I would like to do this 2-3 times a week for 2 weeks str8 w/o washing. I don't wanna wash the weave hair too often.

I do 2 DC a week - Weds and Sun with steam and wash my hair once a week on Sun.
I keep on applying the mix everyday.

i'm applying my jbco with eo's of rosemary, sage, thyme and lavender.

i see some progress and am thrilled about that, though it will still take a long time for my edges to catch up with the rest of my hair in length, lol!

I've been using Haitian Casotor oil on my ends and it has been the best so far. I find that the Haitian Castor oil is the best quality out of all of them. Too bad I can't find it in the states :(

I would be open to try this if only I could get my hands on some.

I got some LAVENDER JAMAICAN BLACK CASTOR OIL TODAY!!!! Yay! It smells wonderful and I can't wait to use it. I am going to use up my other one first. I also picked up some DPR-11 cause my ends are soooo dry and I will be retwisting my hair and using my JBCO tonight/tomorrow. I am also going to put some JBCO in my DC. I have my pics and a new regimne that I will put up as soon as I can.

*New Regimen* I can't stand that wig it's too much work, plus I bought some cheap hair cause I wasn't sure how it would turn out and I don't likey.

It's not that cold out anymore so I am just going to keep my hair twisted weekly.
Wash weekly and apply JBCO on wash day and once durng the week to scalp. I will apply to my ends whenever I want during the week.

Well here are my edges pic and one shot of my twists to show length.
017-3.jpg

018-1.jpg

046-1.jpg

Last edited:
My scalp has been itching as well. I have been going without heat since 9/09 and since I have been applying the jbco my scalps itches too. I read on one post somewhere around page 34 that it was speedy growth! I sure hope so....does anyone know if mixing oils will pacify the itching?! Please advise.......

Last edited:
I was wondering this as well. I want to mix it wit TTO because that is great for a healthy scalp and itchies. Or maybe Peppermint oil. I hate to mix anything in my JBCO that is going to make it smell not so good. Does Lavender oil help with scalp dryness? I hope it calms my scalp down. I thought my scalp was itching because of the JBCO too, but then I noticed I have a dry flaky scalp which I haven't had since I started my hair journey back in liker 07.

Back