Braidouts vs. Rollersets...

Chichi

...15 weeks post relaxer that is.

I washed and rollerset my hair for the final time this Sunday to prepare for my retouch. I did a hot oil pre-shampoo treatment, shampoo, quick 1-minute protein reconstuctor, deep conditioning.

All along for the past month and a half I have been doing braidouts and air drying and boy did I come away with an observation. The braidouts are way better for my hair, I guess, at 10 weeks post relaxer and up. I think that they are the reason that I will be able to stretch out my relaxer to 16 weeks. When I did the braidouts, I never manipulated my hair, except for rewetting, moisturizing, and rebraiding (no combing
naughty.gif
in between shampoos/rinses). When doing these braidouts, I lost maybe like 5 hairs when I combed after after the shampoos/rinses. After my rollerset, this past Sunday, when I combed, I lost like 50 hairs
shocked.gif
. Not a lot, I know, but I am trying to hold on to every hair that I have
smile.gif

The moral of this story is that Chichi will be doing braidouts (possibly wet buns when my hair gets longer
wink.gif
) and no rollersets 10> weeks post relaxer. (I still will be doing a final rollerset before the retouch so that my stylist could differentiate my hair texture but no rollersets before then).

Anyone have this same experience?

Chichi
bdance.gif

Gigi,

No, actually it was from Textures and Tones (gold bottle). I like it because it is cheap ($2.99) and works really well. I use it about every couple of weeks. I used it on Sunday because I will be getting my retouch soon.

Chichi
bdance.gif

I was thinking the same thing. Once my hair gets longer - it's easier to do the braidouts 10 weeks post relaxer.

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking the same thing. Once my hair gets longer - it's easier to do the braidouts 10 weeks post relaxer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I would do the braidouts 10 weeks post-relaxer. when I did them, it was so effortless, my hair looked healthy and never fell off. I was loving styling the braidouts. I barely noticed that I needed a relaxer and think that I could have stretched mine out even longer if I did these braidouts. But the minute I did the rollerset, it was like
shocked.gif
when is my retouch?!? (I did notice though that my hair was very healthy and shiny after all of that air drying and lack of manipulation
smile.gif
.)

Chichi
bdance.gif

Back