Braidouts 24/7 for Fastest Growth?

I have been CO washing everyday, and braiding my hair in a single braid everyday. I only take it down at night to do my scalp massage, and to oil my hair. I have been doing this steady for about 1 week now. In the past couple of weeks, I have been alternating between a braid and letting my hair air dry hanging down, and then pinning it up. I will post my results. I used to do braidouts a lot in high school, but I am trying to stay out of my hair, and trying to keep it moist. If I wear my hair out, I'm always tempted to comb it unnecessarily. When I have it in a braid, I don't mess with it at all. Doing daily CO washes and not combing my hair when its dry has reduced my shedding like 90%.

Any ladies on this plan currently? I hoping to get do braidouts 24/7 for the next few months!

I have been doing this all summer and I'm not sure when I'll stop. I do it twice a week. Over the weekend I do a DC with shampoo. During the week I just cowash and rebaid. When it looks bad I make a messy updo. It's a keeper for me.

I currently do braid outs and it has been the greatest thing ever for my hair!! For me, it's the best protective style since my hair is too short to make a decent bun or ponytail. By doing braid outs, I've gone from NL to SL (not full shoulder length) in 5 months. Not alot of growth but I haven't had to trim and my hair has really thickened up. Because of the low manipulation with a braid out, I'm totally confident that I will reach my goal of full shoulder length by the end of the year with no problem!!!

Well, seeing that my braidouts don't turn out half as good as my twistouts, i've been twisting during the week mostly, and then switching to my wig the following week. I'm tempted to just do twistouts until December and find a way to incorporate my MT and OCT in as well. I'm trying to reach APL by December, so the faster it grows and the more I retain, the closer I get to my goal (hopefully).

Everytime I do a braid out my hair gets all tangly. Do you guys rebraid every night? It gets dry after the first day.

I have been doing twist outs for the last week, for some reason my twistout looks better than my braid out. anyway I plan to cowash 1-2 a week and retwist until I get sick of this look. I retwist every night and it works out well with exercising too.

Everytime I do a braid out my hair gets all tangly. Do you guys rebraid every night? It gets dry after the first day.

I know some people who don't... But I always moisturize, finger comb, then rebraid every night. My braidouts don't look cute when I sleep on it.

^^^The same with me. I finger comb, add moisturizer and rebraid. My hair turns out really well. I guess one question that I have is about protecting the ends. I'm concerned with leaving my ends exposed. I have been cowashing and bunning for almost 3 years now.

Is anyone still doing this......have any good results.
The only one I've seen VERY good and successful has been yassylane on fotki but I am sure there are others.

Braids outs are tricky for me. I love the look and the ease of a pinned up braid out on me, but I find that if I am rebraiding my hair every night, then I will experience breakage. The constant rebraiding during the week is too much manipulation for me.

Braids outs are tricky for me. I love the look and the ease of a pinned up braid out on me, but I find that if I am rebraiding my hair every night, then I will experience breakage. The constant rebraiding during the week is too much manipulation for me.

I never touch my hair once the braid is out. It lasts 7-10 days, with compliments literally everyday that its in. I still don't understand why people dont use products to make the braidouts hold. Not all hold products make your hair hard.

I'd think the purpose is being defeated for this low manipulation hair style if it were being rebraided every night.:yep:

I never touch my hair once the braid is out. It lasts 7-10 days, with compliments literally everyday that its in. I still don't understand why people dont use products to make the braidouts hold. Not all hold products make your hair hard.

I'd think the purpose is being defeated for this low manipulation hair style if it were being rebraided every night.:yep:

makes perfect sense to me. I have a silk bonnet and my braid outs stay for days with nice, bouncy, curls. And I have 4b hair lol. I put my oils in with a finger through and moisturizer. If I need to i will toss in my Scurl moisturizer in too so my hair stays soft and nice. Works like a charm!

Amazing growth!!!

0810compare-vi.jpg

Wearing twist/braid outs and washing/DCing every 3-4 days is how I grew out my twa and im thinking of going back to that regime. I love my twists but all my exercising ruins them and my twists don't like to be washed.

I can swim, workout and co-wash in braids. I wear 5 to 10 braids so if it gets messy, its easy to end co-wash with an afro puff. I twist the braids into bantu knots on pool days.

I rebraid and moisturize my hair a couple times during the week. And sometimes when I'm rebraiding and moisturizing I comb my hair in sections, if not my hair will tangle. I can't do that no combing till the next wash day. My hair would act a hot mess and I'd get even more breakage that way.

I am 3 months post- I have been doing the braid out bun for the past 2 weeks and daily co-washing(deep conditiong once or twice a week as well). Most nights I add conditioner and 3 big braids(2 for the sides and one in the back) I take my shower and rinse out the conditoner(but never completely) more like a quick rinse.Then I tighten the braids with ponytail holders(to stretch my roots.
I wrap a T shirt around my hair for like an hour to so up the moisture.(if i dont-hair wont be dry enough the next day) I then dip my braided ends in oil and add moisturizer and dip again.This eliminates my frizz.
Next day I rub leave in all around my head and put it into a ponytail tucking the ends under with a pin-and it's a bun...I seem to have a lot of new-growth but I guess time will tell.

Back