Beware... Tis Cuffing Season...

For me, the out of the blue texts, emails and phone calls from exes have started.... Cuffing season is upon us!

I think I asked Tgis last year. What does cuffing mean? Where does it come from? Shirts have cuffs.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Got texts this am, including a pic illustrating how the person has been spending even more time in the gym than when I last saw him. Thought of this thread, and, lo and behold, I'm not the only one for whom the season has started !

I will resist.

Ha! But if the split was amicable, why change your number? Still doesn't mean you want to later be cuffed or booty texted.

I didn't say change your number...just block the ex's number. I don't do the "let's be friends" with an ex, amicable break up or not.

I have just found that if you keep the lines of communication open, then the ex not only has a way to contact you, but also it can indirectly give them the idea it is ok to call/text. Just my experience.

I think I asked Tgis last year. What does cuffing mean? Where does it come from? Shirts have cuffs. I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Like handcuffed?. You're "cuffed" to the person but can still be freed lol

Lmao. Yeah... gotta be more challenging than that :lol:

I assumed a lot of these Negroes find you again via Facebook or some clueless auntie giving him your new number :lol: But yea, a new phone number will do. I don't keep any number or email past a few years just to limit access.

i never changed my number on a guy till the year i got married. wayyy too many guys had my # :lol: including some he knew..
my husband really wanted to see who called me on that old number though lol and he mentioned getting that old number back from the phone co somehow to see who called it :look:.

I was happy with my choice from last year's cuffing season, so we're still going strong.

But I got repeat calls and text messages from an ex yesterday. I haven't spken to him in several months, but the thirst is real. This fool even made a random appearance at my place recently. Thank God for controlled access buildings.

is there a level of exclusivity with cuffing? or do both parties have a non-verbal agreement that they can cuff with other people?

I only learned of this dynamic within the last few days......lol

is there a level of exclusivity with cuffing? or do both parties have a non-verbal agreement that they can cuff with other people?

I only learned of this dynamic within the last few days......lol

Cuffing season is cold. Ain't nobody got time to use up gas and WD-40 (or is it 30 in the winter) to be trying to mack. That's what summer's for. Plus, that's two people to buy Christmas gifts for. Expensive.

LMBO @ this thread!!!

I forgot about 'cuffing'...

Think I'll find me a 'cuff' for the season...

**off to get my cuff-MACK on**:sekret::sekret:

I seen something on Facebook recently where someone posted in mime(sp?) that said something to the effect of, "You think it is cuffing season when in reality - they (dudes) are preparing for income tax season. Hold on to your purses!"

I seen something on Facebook recently where someone posted in mime(sp?) that said something to the effect of, "You think it is cuffing season when in reality - they (dudes) are preparing for income tax season. Hold on to your purses!"

Sounds like you need to put that W2 on lockdown! :rofl:

I know plenty of people who met their BMs/BDs during cuffing season. :lol: :nono: That's how leaves turn into branches like a sumbxtch.

I just woke up this morning to a text from another ex who I haven't heard from in months - talking about 'we should catch up'. Cuffing season is no joke.

Back