Beware... Tis Cuffing Season...

unicorn.png

Haven't had this problem.

Last edited:
not gonna lie i do tend to meet my boyfriends in november :lol: we usually make it through the summer and break up around october. my cuffing season is extended for some reason :lol:

It's sad that people are short changing themselves like this. I mean I get that it scratches an itch but it's just so transparent and fraudulent to me.

Idk it's not my thing.

This is sad. I have been heard about it a little after high school, but them making schedules is crazy. I never experienced cuffin season relationships

:lachen: I love this thread.

I Met my SO in October 2012 and I gave him a hard side eye for the first 6 months because I wasn't tryna be cuffed!!! :lol: Even after we started exclusively dating 2 months in, I was still ready to drop and forget him at a moment's notice if he started acting funny.

I remember one week he canceled two dates in a row. He said he was sick, but I wasn't having it. I didn't complain or even let him know that I was mad. I just deleted his number and all of our text messages. It was so funny because less than an hour after I did, he showed up at my door sniffling and sneezing. I had to pretend I needed him to text me some information so that I could get his number back again. :lol: He's lucky he randomly decided to show up. If I didn't see that he was sick for myself, I would've dropped him.

Almost 2 years later, we're still together.

I don't regret being cautious at first though. Ain't nobody got time fa dat!

ETA: After we had been together for a while, I told him about how I deleted his number and almost dropped him and he was surprised. He said something like "Damn!!! I had no idea. Glad I stopped by." Then he called me crazy lol. Whatever haha.

Last edited:
i started cuffing this one dude last year and we are still together almost a year later lol.

Saw this thread yesterday and randomly received a call from someone I haven't talked to in a long while.

I saw this thread the other day and was thinking how this didn't happen to me. Then yesterday a guy that I dealt with five + years ago sent me a two text, I didn't respond. so today he called me, sent me a Facebook request and texted again.

I saw this thread the other day and was thinking how this didn't happen to me. Then yesterday a guy that I dealt with five + years ago sent me a two text, I didn't respond. so today he called me, sent me a Facebook request and texted again.

I wish somebody would, like damn who's dead? Don't be blowing me up on some nonsense.

So I take it the break up occurs some time before Valentine's day?

Depends on when you file your taxes :look: about two weeks after that refund check hits your bank account they're gone!

Shoot I learned about this in high school (i didnt know the name of it then). I noticed all these couples getting together in winter (adults in my family as well) and spitting up by April (right in time for spring break/prom) and how there was such a high rate of babies being born in Aug-October.

Someone needs to do a thesis on this or something.

Got a text yesterday after a very long absence: "Hey stranger."

Next day: Got a phone call.

I think thirst levels elevate closer to the weekend.

I was thinking the guy is usually on the hook for Valentine's dinner and gift so he'd likely make sure to break up before he had to come out the pocket for flowers or something.

Some of these fools will hold out until tax season to claim kids and get that dolla.

I have a very (ignorant) friend who had this happen to her last year. Dude proposed and err thang. That check from Uncle Sam came in and he straight dipped.

She's in another relationship and is engaged (this friend is a Borderline Personality) again. I think that this other dude will take her check and run IF he can deal for another seven months...which I don't think is likely considering the engagement was off last week, but magically back on early this week with this being at least the second, but I think more like the third or fourth time they've broken up.

This week I got emails from three different men on the same day. I haven't heard from them for months, one was last heard from a year ago. They know I'm set to get married, yet they all asked me if I was free sometime this week to get dinner and catch up.

Cuffing season is real.

This is so not my generation.

You mean a guy will try to cuff me and thinks he will get my income tax refund? How does that work?

Back