August 2014...What Did YOU Buy This Week? (Hair Care Edition)

Starting to see increased shedding and I know it's normal since I just had a baby almost 3 months ago but I'm not ready to accept it. lol Going to make some Ayurvedic infused coconut oil to help with that and play around with other Ayurvedic treatments. Went to my local Indian market and stocked up on:

4 boxes of Amla powder
2 boxes Maka powder
2 boxes of Brahmi powder
2 boxes of Rose petal powder
1 box of Kalpi Tone powder
1/2 pound of Methi (fenugreek) seeds
I couldn't fit it all in the picture.

This was my first time shopping for powders and I had a pretty interesting experience at this store. First I had to dig through 4 racks of powders just to find ones with an expiration date. The clerk came over puzzled and when I told him what I was doing he kept yelling "DEY ALL GOOD GIRL, DEY ALLLLLL GEWD!!!" I'm like....da hayle! Then when I get to the register to pay, he told me he didn't feel like ringing all that stuff up and to just give him $20. I gave him that $20 and shot out that store....shoot I had already calculated in my head that I had spent $37 without tax. lol*Hope homeboy in there tomorrow cause I'm going back!

I wish I had an Indian store near me. I feel like I am missing out on something really good.

As I Am Co-Wash
Jamaican Black Castor Oil Extra Dark

Curlmart has 20% off site wide..plus I used the promo code "welcome" for an additional 15% discount :look:

Obia

• Babassu Deep Conditioner

HairVeda (ready to pull the trigger once HVM15 becomes active, got another one-time use only code to pair with it too)

• Jardin Silken & Soften Conditioner
  • Jardin Conditioning Oil (Holiest of Holy Grail products :lol:)
  • Red Tea Strong Holding Gel

SheaMoisture Co-wash Conditioning Cleansers (2)
Kinky Curly Curling Custard (re-up)
Kinky Curly Knot Today (re-up)

- APB Leave-In Sprays in Cookie Dough, Peach Cobbler and Cran-Peach Vanilla
- Curls Goddess Curls Botanical Gelle

Curlmart: 20% off sitewide, plus use the code:CM15 for an additional 15% off.

I got.....

(ANOTHER) 16.9 oz. Oyin Hair Dew :look:....I'm all set with moisturizers :lachen:
1 Liter of Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner

I recently revisited this ^^^^ as a rinse out :lick::love:. My hair was buttery soft and was slipping all over the place. My comb literally glided.

I got.....

(ANOTHER) 16.9 oz. Oyin Hair Dew :look:....I'm all set with moisturizers :lachen:

I recently revisited this ^^^^ as a rinse out :lick::love:. My hair was buttery soft and was slipping all over the place. My comb literally glided.

EnExitStageLeft

I want another Liter of this! Thanks Girlie!:grin:

I got.....

Oh maybe I'll try using it as a rinse out tomorrow! I've only used it as a leave in.

J. Monique Naturals
x1 Hibiscus & Broccoli DC'er
x1 Irish Moss & Cocoa DC'er

35% Code = SCHOOL35

Thanks denise44 I've been wanting to try this Vendor:kiss:

No problem, just let know how the Irish Moss and Cocoa dc works. Wanting to try myself but need to cut my stash down. But at 35% off who knows might just bite the bullet.:lol::lol::lol:

No problem, just let know how the Irish Moss and Cocoa dc works. Wanting to try myself but need to cut my stash down. But at 35% off who knows might just bite the bullet.:lol::lol::lol:

@denise44

And I am suppose to be on "Restriction" from adding any more DC'ers to my Stash.:rolleyes:

SMH:nono:

There were a lot of other things I want to try from this line, but decided to start with the DC'ers.

I also had the Coco-Cowash in my Cart, but ended up taking it out until I use up some of these other cleansing conditioners:blush:

From Ulta
I had a gift card so I figured let me do a little damage lol

X2 Lee Stafford Growth Treatment (B1G1 half off)
Ouidad Double Detangler comb
Hask x1 Monoi Oil Nourishing Shine oil
And x2 Keratin Protein Smoothing Shine oil

LACE Naturals
Brahmi Root Hair Masque
Ayurvedic Spritz

J. Monique's Naturals (decided to grab the DCs I wanted to try since it's 35% off)
Irish Moss & Cocoa Deep Conditioner
Hibiscus & Broccoli Deep Conditioner

E-BAY
Cotton coil-I'm really missing this today. The steamer is tearing my ears up!

J MONIQUE'S NATURALS
Irish Moss & Cocoa Deep Conditioner
Hibiscus & Broccoli Deep Conditioner
Bentonite & Rhassoul Detox Hair Mask
Ginger Butter Leave In Conditioner Cucumer Melon All natural deodorant

NOTE TO SELF: I've got to remember not to edit on my iPhone or iPad it jacks the post up!

Last edited:
You mean to tell me no one has taken advantage of the extra APB sale? Hmmm lol.

I picked up the new Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Masque. I'd smh but I didn't even second guess getting it when I saw it lol.

You mean to tell me no one has taken advantage of the extra APB sale? Hmmm lol. I picked up the new Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Masque. I'd smh but I didn't even second guess getting it when I saw it lol.

cwmarie

Can you please keep me posted on it. I just saw it in my local Target. I started to get it but I have a ton of DC's already to use up. I'm waiting on reviews before I buy it.

Back