August 2008 Hits and Misses!

Let's see: Sabino MB (still need to do my review), Joico Leave-in, & altho didn't discover it this month, Joico Split End Mender (added a little saa)! These make my hair feel, look, smell delicious!!!!! Happy Happy Happy!

Kels, how is your hair styled when you use the Whipped Moisture Cream? I love this stuff!! And I dun tole you about that coconut oil!!
I used it on wet hair for a rollerset - hair came out dull and dry and filmy... :(

I used it on try hair as a moisturizer- still had that filmy/sticky feel and my hair didn't feel moisturized.

Used it in my spray bottle mixed with water for a rollerset - still that daggone filmy/sticky feel!!

Maybe I'm using too much..?? I only use a couple squirts. :perplexed If I can't get it to work, you can def. have it. It smells so good, too... :(

You are right, you have preached to me about the Gospel of Coconut oil, but I did not listen!!! Now I have RETURNED!!!! The Prodigal daughter has learned her lesson the hard way, and now I realize the benefits - smooth, silky, soft, shiny, bouncy hair! I WILL NOT STRAY AGAIN!!!!! :lachen:

HIT: Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner

Omg....
I LOVE the smell! I love it when I use it for a co-wash.
But I absolutely love it as a leave in. Makes my hair soft :-)

Another hit:
the Whipped Cream from Hairveda. I just got it today, I tried it and loved it. And it smells awesome lol

Last edited:
big fat crunchy hair im so darn mad miss: keracare foam wrap lotion. im so sad, i deep conditioned overnight so tha i could have swanging hair like i normally do but nooooooooooooo, i had to go use the keracare instead of the paul mitchell foaming pomade. never again. im so upset.

HITS

Herbal Infusions Carrot Creme Instant Hair Treatment :up:

Found this product at the Dollar Tree and it leave the hair soft and moisturised and best of all it's non greasy.
I had to go back and buy the last 5 jars on the shelf.

Last edited:
Hit: Redken Butter Treat as a leave in is awesome! Swangy moisturized hair for real!

On the fence: Suave humectant adds slippyness but it's just ok, you know? It's nothing special..
Federick Fekkai Curls Conditioner is ok..it smells GREAT and adds slippy softness but like Suave humectant, it's just ok.

Hit:

OJON Revitalizing Mist - Can't rave about this enough. This product is a multi-tasker because itis FIYAH as a leave in conditioner and doubles as a heat protectant before flat ironing. My hair has body, volume, feels thicker, and shines. Plus it smells really good. If this continues to work for me, I will never be without it. It really is weightless, and the BEST heat protectant I have found. I have the 16oz bottle, and its lasts forever. I guess you can tell I love it :lick:.

Miss:
None

Hits!

Mizani Thermastrength style serum
: One of the best heat protectants I've ever used. I've used it about 3-4 times and I am loving it. I get absolutely no breakage, my hair feel soft, silky and it smells amazing. It's a little on the pricey side but imo, it is so worth it.

1" FHI Platform: Very, very good iron. It's just as good as the Solia imo and gets my hair silky straight w/one pass. My hair feels soft, moist, and strong after using this iron. I think this iron paired w/the Mizani thermastrength is a great combo for my hair.

Last edited:
Hits!

Mizani Thermastrength style serum: One of the best heat protectants I've ever used. I've used it about 3-4 times and I am loving it. I get absolutely no breakage, my hair feel soft, silky and it smells amazing. It's a little on the pricey side but imo, it is so worth it.

1" FHI Platform: Very, very good iron. It's just as good as the Solia imo and gets my hair silky straight w/one pass. My hair feels soft, moist, and strong after using this iron. I think this iron paired w/the Mizani thermastrength is a great combo for my hair.

I LOVE my Solia, but the FHI Platform has been intriguing the heck outta me! :lol: I may get myself one at the end of the year to compare it to my Solia.. :scratchch

eta - is this http://paynesbeautysupply-salon.stores.yahoo.net/n3.html what you're talking about?

Last edited:
Ingredients

Water , Stearyl Alcohol , Cyclopentasiloxane , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Dimethicone , Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract , Cocos Nucifera Milk Coconut , Fragrance , Glutamic Acid , Benzyl Alcohol , EDTA , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Citric Acid , Blue 1

CORRECTION FROM THE INGREDIENT LIST TAKEN FROM WALGREENS.COM SITE

The back of my bottle of Hello Hydration says the following:
Water , Stearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract , Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Glutamic Acid, Fragrance, Bisaminopropyl Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol , EDTA , Propylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Citric Acid , Blue 1I like this lineup...and will double check that future purchase have the same one...check the back of your bottles my people...

Okay, yeah I have this. I tried it once. Lush, soft, detangled hair in the shower and broomstick dry by day 2. Since you're my fine-haired cousin, I suggest you be careful about assessing your hair around day 2 or 3 after using this.:yep: Remember the fine hair rules cuz.....

Me and Herbal Essences are friends...*hair likey :yep:*

And hair likey coconut...:yep:

That's why I'm copping that and the SitriNillah...:yep:

Coconut is cool and SitriNillah is awesome, but Imma have to go peep the HE ingredients. If I don't like what I see:cantlook:, I'm putting you in time-out!:jail:

Ingredients

Water , Stearyl Alcohol , Cyclopentasiloxane , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Dimethicone , Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract , Cocos Nucifera Milk Coconut , Fragrance , Glutamic Acid , Benzyl Alcohol , EDTA , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Citric Acid , Blue 1

CORRECTION FROM THE INGREDIENT LIST TAKEN FROM WALGREENS.COM SITE

The back of my bottle of Hello Hydration says the following:
Water , Stearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract , Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Glutamic Acid, Fragrance, Bisaminopropyl Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol , EDTA , Propylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Citric Acid , Blue 1I like this lineup...and will double check that future purchase have the same one...check the back of your bottles my people...

Okay, yeah I have this. I tried it once. Lush, soft, detangled hair in the shower and broomstick dry by day 2. Since you're my fine-haired cousin, I suggest you be careful about assessing your hair around day 2 or 3 after using this.:yep: Remember the fine hair rules cuz.....

I have fine 3c/4a hair and HH really dried my hair out.:nono: I used it for co-washing. I'm back to VO5 CW's.

Profectiv's Mega Growth Hair Lotion. (in the tall yellow bottle)

It has all the right ingredients but it is too oily! It weighs heavy on my hair.

Hit:

OJON Revitalizing Mist - Can't rave about this enough. This product is a multi-tasker because itis FIYAH as a leave in conditioner and doubles as a heat protectant before flat ironing. My hair has body, volume, feels thicker, and shines. Plus it smells really good. If this continues to work for me, I will never be without it. It really is weightless, and the BEST heat protectant I have found. I have the 16oz bottle, and its lasts forever. I guess you can tell I love it :lick:.

Miss:
None
yes, you are soooo right and on point. i use this mist everytime i wash my hair whether or not i use heat. i use it in conjuction with paul mitchell moisture mis and it is :lick:

Profectiv's Mega Growth Hair Lotion. (in the tall yellow bottle)

It has all the right ingredients but it is too oily! It weighs heavy on my hair.
i use to use this back when i first joined LHCF. it was good and i sealed with the oil that came in the same type of bottle. dont know why i stopped using them.

I LOVE my Solia, but the FHI Platform has been intriguing the heck outta me! :lol: I may get myself one at the end of the year to compare it to my Solia.. :scratchch

eta - is this http://paynesbeautysupply-salon.stores.yahoo.net/n3.html what you're talking about?

Honestly, I think they both perform the same. However, the FHI platform also has nano technology which the Solia doesn't. It is supposed to be better for the hair. But again, the results were the same for me. I flat ironed one section with the Solia and the other with the FHI.

If you decide to order the FHI platform, order from frizzy2silky.com. The price is waaay cheaper than what Folica is selling it for. They also had a sale at the end of last year so they may have it again this year. If you want to save some additional money, you may be better off waiting. I was planning to wait but I was too anxious..lol:look:.

As for the Mizani, the following is what I'm referring to:

paynesbeautysupply-salon_2011_43902263

http://paynesbeautysupply-salon.stores.yahoo.net/mizani.html

Yes'm....I don't think hair likey...:nono:

I may soup up what remains of the small bottle with a bunch of oil for a prepoo.

*dangit Brownie.. :lol:*

eta to add hit:

:love: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose [mad I've been on this board this long and never have used this...] My new boo....thanks Gym, Lav and to Atlien for her moisturizing conditioner recipe [hit] :yep:

Last edited:
HITS

SitriNillah Masks...Um...I feel so dumb for sleeping on this one! I had it in my stash for over a yea:rolleyes:r! It made my hair feel silky, soft, moist and detangled easily. Did I mention the smell? Wow I had a nice little aromatherapy experience tonight!
:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:
Giovanni Smooth as Silk--at first I was on the fence about this one. It doesn't detangle like my ABBA Moist Poo but it does make my hair Soft and Silky feeling. I now LOVE the way it makes my hair feels, very smooth. Love this combined with Sitrinillah masque.:yep:

the biggest hit ever: seyani hair butter. it melts right in your hand and hair. and it smells so good. i think its tropical or mango or something. its great.

another hitt: silk elements shampoo, cholesterol and conditioner. these are all staples now. and the foam wrap lotion. so much better than the paul mitchell and the keracare.

Last edited:
Yes'm....I don't think hair likey...:nono:

I may soup up what remains of the small bottle with a bunch of oil for a prepoo.

*dangit Brownie.. :lol:*

eta to add hit:

:love: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose [mad I've been on this board this long and never have used this...] My new boo....thanks Gym, Lav and to Atlien for her moisturizing conditioner recipe [hit] :yep:
My hair don't like HHE afterwards either leave it kinda dry.:weird:
I bought AO Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner 2 weeks ago never tried it.
I have to try it now because of you. Thanks! Chick.

HITS.....
  • Joice K-Pak Reconstruct Deep-Penetrating Reconstructor. Hair like butter!:yep:
  • Joice K Pak Reconstruct Shampoo and Conditioner. Again, Hair like butter! :yep:I am just mad I purchased these during the after Christmas Sale and just now using them!!:wallbash:
Misses.....
  • Banana Burlee Conditioner. This just didn't agree with my hair. Didn't do anything for it.:nono:
  • Sabino Stuff. Girl please, once I hit the humidity, my hair laughed at this stuff. But it did look nice before I went outside. :nono:
  • Biosilk Silk Therapy. No No No, my hair looked a mess before I went out side with this one. :nono:I think these are going back to JC Pennys
ON The Fence.........
Cibu Sashini Thermal Shine Solution. Well, it smells good. Give goo shine. (but any oil can do this) As far as using when flat ironing......No No No, didn't do anything to help while flat ironing my hair. I wll try it one more time.

HITS.....
  • Joice K-Pak Reconstruct Deep-Penetrating Reconstructor. Hair like butter!:yep:
  • Joice K Pak Reconstruct Shampoo and Conditioner. Again, Hair like butter! :yep:I am just mad I purchased these during the after Christmas Sale and just now using them!!:wallbash:
Misses.....
  • Banana Burlee Conditioner. This just didn't agree with my hair. Didn't do anything for it.:nono:
  • Sabino Stuff. Girl please, once I hit the humidity, my hair laughed at this stuff. But it did look nice before I went outside. :nono:
  • Biosilk Silk Therapy. No No No, my hair looked a mess before I went out side with this one. :nono:I think these are going back to JC Pennys
ON The Fence.........
Cibu Sashini Thermal Shine Solution. Well, it smells good. Give goo shine. (but any oil can do this) As far as using when flat ironing......No No No, didn't do anything to help while flat ironing my hair. I wll try it one more time.
try using the banana brulee on dry hair for a couple of hours or over night. i use it like this and my hair loves it.

Hits:

Grandpa's pine tar oil soap -- best shampoo bar ever; soft, moisturized, detangled hair with no need for conditioning afterwards, but I do because I have alot of conditioner. I cannot say enough about this soap. It is incredible.

ABBA nourishing leave on conditioner

RUSK blackberry and bergamot strengthening leave in

Trader Joes Nourish Spa conditioner

Aloe vera plant - I now do a weekly rinse by cutting up an aloe vera leaf/stalk and infusing into water, which gives me soft, strong, detangled hair

Miss:

RUSK Smoother aloe and passionflower leave-in - great ingredients, but my hair absolutely hated it; it may have had too many cones in it for my hair

try using the banana brulee on dry hair for a couple of hours or over night. i use it like this and my hair loves it.
Thanks. I used it as a Deep Conditioner under the heating cap when I used it.
Hits:

Grandpa's pine tar oil soap -- best shampoo bar ever; soft, moisturized, detangled hair with no need for conditioning afterwards, but I do because I have alot of conditioner. I cannot say enough about this soap. It is incredible.

Aloe vera plant - I now do a weekly rinse by cutting up an aloe vera leaf/stalk and infusing into water, which gives me soft, strong, detangled hair

Miss:

RUSK Smoother aloe and passionflower leave-in - great ingredients, but my hair absolutely hated it; it may have had too many cones in it for my hair
How does the bold smell. (Pine Tar) You know your hits are normally hits for me also.
I love the Trader Joes!! We just dont have one here!:wallbash: But that is some good stuff!

HITS

SitriNillah Masks...Um...I feel so dumb for sleeping on this one! I had it in my stash for over a yea:rolleyes:r! It made my hair feel silky, soft, moist and detangled easily. Did I mention the smell? Wow I had a nice little aromatherapy experience tonight!
:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:
Giovanni Smooth as Silk--at first I was on the fence about this one. It doesn't detangle like my ABBA Moist Poo but it does make my hair Soft and Silky feeling. I now LOVE the way it makes my hair feels, very smooth. Love this combined with Sitrinillah masque.:yep:

Awwwwwwwwwww shucky ducky quack ...quack....

Hits:

Miss:

This was a miss for me too! The ingredients were really nice but when I used it, it made my hair hard and crunchy! I was disappointed and exchanged it for the ABBA leave-on conditioner.

Hey I got the ABBA big bottle at TJ Max I really like and sometimes I use it as a lotion too.

hits:

* the oil blend i made for my scalp. i had kinky twist for 2 weeks and used this nearly every day. i took down the twists and omg my hair was crazy soft! :love:. even the ends felt great. that's unusual for me when i've had extensions in. the oil was great for my dry scalp too.

misses:

* jojoba oil used to seal.
* jojoba and coconut oil in DC.

both just made my hair feel a bit dry when used in the above ways :perplexed. i had to use them when i couldn't find castor oil (which i use to seal) for a few weeks and they were sub-par replacements. both oils are fabulous in my oil blend and coconut is ok for sealing though.

Tee: The Grandpa's pine tar oil soap does have a smell to it, but it is not as strong as other pine tar hair stuff like Bronners Brothers or MTG. I get a whiff of a smell when I go in the bathroom, but it is not strong and the scent doesn't linger in my hair.

HealthB4Length: That is exactly what I did, too, took the Rusk Smoother leave-in back and got the ABBA leave on and it worked out alot better.

Back