August 2008 Hits and Misses!

The bee mine serum for me is a hit, melting my new growth, Thank God! And it smell so good!

MY GOSH! Your hair in your siggy! Phenomenal! :spinning:

When/if....WHEN (I'm claiming it):grin: my hair grows that long, "can't tell me nothing" will be my theme song. :lachen:

Box braids. I think it may have been because I washed them...I'm not quite sure. But boy oh boy, it was a mess...
I had the same problem with box braids. I kept them in for 2 or 3 weeks and washed 3 or 4 times. They started to mesh at the roots and tangle at the ends. I worked on taking them out over 4 days. Never again.

I had the same problem with box braids. I kept them in for 2 or 3 weeks and washed 3 or 4 times. They started to mesh at the roots and tangle at the ends. I worked on taking them out over 4 days. Never again.

YES! It was the roots that were the main problem for me. I had to really moisturize that mess when taking them down, but even then I heard that awful tearing sound. :perplexed

HITS:Ojon revitalizing hair treatment. Usually oil prepoos do NOTHING for me, but this was phenomenal--my hair was parched before I used it and it seems to be holding moisture a little better.
Also applying conditioner like a virgin perm--who knew it would make such a freakin difference!!:grin:
MISSES: Nothing yet. Gonna try LUSH jungle hair moisturizer and american cream conditioner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by growinglong777
The bee mine serum for me is a hit, melting my new growth, Thank God! And it smell so good!

Did the Bee Mine seem to enhance your curl pattern? It seems like my curls and waves have been seriously

Eisani!
Don't know if it enhanced them, but girl.. I love the way it loosens my new growth and makes it more manageable. I am 8 weeks post with new growth, that loves this stuff.

Last edited:
Your hair is pretty in your siggy. I wanted to ask did you use the new forumation of Aphogee 2 min reconstructor or the old. I did not get the same results from the new. I liked the old better.

tee....thanks...it must be the new formula cuz i just bought it in the store last week. The scent is nice but theres something that is off about it.

Hits
Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol: keeps my hair soft and shiny and defined
Glycerin

Miss
Aussie Hair Emergency Leave-in Conditioner: ugh my hair was so dry. liked the candy scent though

Quote:
Originally Posted by growinglong777

Did the Bee Mine seem to enhance your curl pattern? It seems like my curls and waves have been seriously

Eisani!
Don't know if it enhanced them, but girl.. I love the way it loosens my new growth and makes it more manageable. I am 8 weeks post with new growth, that loves this stuff.

This is a keeper. I hope the do the buy 2 get 1 free special, or something similar, really soon!

MISS: Sunsilk Anti-Poof Conditioner. Used a little as a leave-in and my hair felt 'hollow' and thin after. Like I lost some of it.

HIT:
Kenra MC condish + glycerin on dry hair
Salt + conditioner
Organix Vanilla Serum
Colorshines in Clear *bling* :lol:

MISS:
Aphogee Shine Serum (left my wet hair filmy, will try on dry hair)

ON THE FENCE:
Kenra MC shampoo (hair feels a lil stripped after using... :( )
Lottabody Creamwrap (hair was nice initially but dried out as the day went on)

Hit:

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner... I used this mixed with an equal amount of Giovanni 50/50, it was amazinggggg!!! I now have a new deep conditioning smoothie. I'm going to try the samething with the GPB. I'll never use the HSR by itself again...

tee....thanks...it must be the new formula cuz i just bought it in the store last week. The scent is nice but theres something that is off about it.

HIT:
Kenra MC condish + glycerin on dry hair
Salt + conditioner
Organix Vanilla Serum
Colorshines in Clear *bling* :lol:

MISS:
Aphogee Shine Serum (left my wet hair filmy, will try on dry hair)

ON THE FENCE:
Kenra MC shampoo (hair feels a lil stripped after using... :( )
Lottabody Creamwrap (hair was nice initially but dried out as the day went on)
Get your bling on then!!! :giggle. (I love the Kenra conditioner but I wasn't crazy about the poo at all.)
Hit:

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner... I used this mixed with an equal amount of Giovanni 50/50, it was amazinggggg!!! I now have a new deep conditioning smoothie. I'm going to try the samething with the GPB. I'll never use the HSR by itself again...
Thanks. I have both of these. I must try it out one day.

Hits:

Frizz-Ease Serum (extra strength) on wet new growth
adding a "pinch" of regular ol' table salt to my conditoner

Misses:

none

HITS:
Redken Butter Treat: OMG SLIPPAGE CITY! My hair was fallen out of its braids!! This is a must for stretching..wow. All i did was wash and condition and my hair is SOFT.
Redken Smooth Down Shampoo: It's so good and moisturizing! Honestly i forgot that it was a shampoo!! It's better than creme of nature!

Hits:

- Vatika Enriched Coconut Oil
- Dabur Amla Oil

The recent thread on Vatika oil made me break my promise to myself not to buy anymore products before I finish what I already have! :nono: Oh well, My willpower lasted long enough, it was time to treat myself; That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :look: :lol:

HIT:

Hair Renew spray.

This spray has been a great product to use while I am in braids. I use it before apply my leave-in spray and my hair and scalp love it.

Here are the ingredients: Purified water and extracts of Lavender, Burdock, Bhringraj, Saw Palmetto, Nettle, Ginger, Aloe Vera, Mint, Green Tea, Hops, Cherry Bark, Rosemary, Lemongrass, Horsetail, Capsicum, Zinc, Vegetable Glycerine, essential oils of Ylang Ylang, Bay, Lavender, and Rosemary.

On the fence: AO Honeysuckle Rose conditioner
Not really any slip, but my hair felt just ok when I rinsed it out.

Phyto 9 - a hit! This is an oldie but goodie (hadn't used it for awhile)

P2891_hero.jpg

On the fence: AO Honeysuckle Rose conditioner
Not really any slip, but my hair felt just ok when I rinsed it out.
Yep that's how it was with my hair. I didn't really have any slip and it was just OK. Not really worth the price in my opinion. It didn't even work well like a Dc.

Back