August 2008 Hits and Misses!

HITS:
megatek...nuff said
highfive.gif

They look nice and neat:yep:; mine have hairs hanging out ALL over the place
Do they get flat or distorted when you sleep on them?

Thanks!

You know, some nights they were distorted and others they weren't. It's really weird. :spinning:

I think it depends how hard I "slept" that night.:lachen:

J/k, but really, most nights they get flat, but not distorted. When I pincurl, I sleep with a bonnet as opposed to a scarf...because I figure a scarf would flatten them too much. While using the bonnet, even when they get a little flat, it doesn't mess up the curls at all. Once I remove the pins, I'm good to go. :yep:

Hit: Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo. This is my new staple poo. It is sulfate free and very concentrated. It smells like grapefruit too.

Hits:

Aveda Universal Styling Creme
Porosity Control Conditioner
Avocado Oil
Avocado and Castor Oil pre-poo

No misses yet.

ETA: BIG HIT - Chagrin Valley soap bars as shampoo

Last edited:
Hit

ORS Setting Foam (left my curls shiny and more professional "looking." I got compliments as soon as I got to work. :grin:

Hit/Miss?

Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Cholesterol mixed with EVOO

I warmed it up in the microwave and pre-pooed for a little over an hour. Then I had the nerve to use CON (green) and ORS Replenishing. :rolleyes:

Can we say TOO MUCH MOISTURE! :wallbash:

I was detangling like. :nono:

Next week, I'll def have to do a 2 minute aphogee.

I think next time it'll be either ORS or HB Olive Oil Cholesterol mixed with EVOO, not both. :nono:

So it was a miss for me but I suspect that it could be a hit if done correctly. :yep:

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner
I didn't think it could get much better than AO's White Camellia, but it did! I love this stuff! It gives great slip and is very moisturizing. I love that it's so thick...even though I have to take the top off just to squeeze it out. :grin: I use it for both pre-poos and co-washing.

Hits

Qhemet's Burdock Root Buttercream
Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditoner
Henna/Amla/Indigo Mix

Hits:

Ion Curl Defining and Shaping Creme
Dove Daily Moisturizing Conditioner

Revisted Hits:

BBD STRETCH (OOOOH how I've missed thee!!!!)
Jane Carter Nourish & Shine

Undecided:
Wen Fig Cleansing Conditioner

I just checked out the site, seems like a very interesting line!
:yep::yep:

It's going *very* well....the best purchase I've made since I joined LHCF! :yep:

I love that smilie!! Dang, the very BEST purchase. Now that has to be the business!

Hit

ORS Setting Foam (left my curls shiny and more professional "looking." I got compliments as soon as I got to work. :grin:

Hit/Miss?

Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Cholesterol mixed with EVOO

I warmed it up in the microwave and pre-pooed for a little over an hour. Then I had the nerve to use CON (green) and ORS Replenishing. :rolleyes:

Can we say TOO MUCH MOISTURE! :wallbash:

I was detangling like. :nono:

Next week, I'll def have to do a 2 minute aphogee.

I think next time it'll be either ORS or HB Olive Oil Cholesterol mixed with EVOO, not both. :nono:

So it was a miss for me but I suspect that it could be a hit if done correctly. :yep:
I almost picked up the ORS too. Thanks for the review.
Hits:

Ion Curl Defining and Shaping Creme
Dove Daily Moisturizing Conditioner

Revisted Hits:

BBD STRETCH (OOOOH how I've missed thee!!!!)
Jane Carter Nourish & Shine

Undecided:
Wen Fig Cleansing Conditioner
I love the Dove Conditioners

Hits:
Qhemetbiologics Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm, Alma and Olive heavy cream
Misses:
Awapuho Mango Moisturizing Conditioner

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner
I didn't think it could get much better than AO's White Camellia, but it did! I love this stuff! It gives great slip and is very moisturizing. I love that it's so thick...even though I have to take the top off just to squeeze it out. :grin: I use it for both pre-poos and co-washing.
I love this conditioner, last week I went an a camping trip for 3 days without being able to co wash my hair(which is important since my hair gets dry when I wear it in natural hair styles), so my hair was really dry when I got home. I put this on deep conditioned for 4 hour and my hair was soft once again.

Hits:
MoroccanOil™ for all hair types. I love the smell and its so moisturizing. Leaves my hair shiny and very slick without feeling heavy. It also costs a couple dollars less than Ojon.

Dark & Lovely Naturals Citrus Braid Spray: Great for relaxed heads who love spray moisturizers. No petroluem or Mineral oil. I also love the smell and that the first ingredient is glycerin. Good for those who want to baby their ends.

Cantu Shea Oil moisturizer: Possibly the holy grail of inexpensive moisturizers. I used it on my hand in Target and it melted right into my skin. My hand was so soft that I kept wondering what it would do for me hair.

OTF:

Nioxin Smoothing Reflective Line: Nothing special. The peppermint scent is somewhat mild. The conditioner did detangle, but nothing spectacular. The leave-in left my hair very soft but dry and dull. You can just add some peppermint to any shampoo and get the same results.

Profectiv Growth Oil: Its kind of okay. Its just the original cream in a bottle. I've used better without half of the cones.

Hits:
Co washing:lick:
GF Moisture Works:lick:
Suave Humectant:lick:
SAA:lick:
Ion Effective Care Treatment:lick:
Roux Mendex:lick:
Mega Tek:lick::lick:

Misses:
None as of yet!!!!:yep:

HITS

EKO suela shampoo- sulfate free and non stripping-a first for me

Aubrey Organics white camellia conditioner
- I love this- will be using it on the ng for sure very moisturizing and made my hair very slick.

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle rose conditioner
- I like this more as a daily moisturizer. A little less moisturizing than the white camellia for me

Skala shea butter deep moisturizing leave in conditioner
- nice moisturizer when used sparingly

REVISITED HIT FROM BACK IN THE DAY

Nutress Hair moisturizing protein pack
- mixed with some emergencia and layered it over my ceramide treatment. Didn't need to use a moisturizing dc afterward for the first time.

Not totally sure, but it looks like Aphogee is a miss. I have very few hits, but also very few misses because my hair is mostly unresponsive to most products. But this Aphogee has turned my hair into a tangled mess, immediately after detangling and despite deep conditioning.

Hits:
Giovanni Smooth as silk Conditioner
HE Dangerously Straight
VO5 strawberry champagne
aloe vera juice + braid spray
satin rollers
100% silk scarf
ion reconstructor pak
gel + styling cream (a less hard, slicked back feeling)

Miss:
lily of the desert aloe vera gel (just didn't do it...still looking for a better one)

still deciding:
aphogee 2 min. reconstructor....(i think i've had better)

still have yet to try
garnier fructis anti-frizz serum
pratail silk worm conditioner
hairveda products: almond glaze; whipped jelly; strinilah conditioner; whipped shealoe

Last edited:
Hits:
Qhemetbiologics Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm, Alma and Olive heavy cream
Misses:
Awapuho Mango Moisturizing Conditioner
Your siggy pic is cute.
Not totally sure, but it looks like Aphogee is a miss. I have very few hits, but also very few misses because my hair is mostly unresponsive to most products. But this Aphogee has turned my hair into a tangled mess, immediately after detangling and despite deep conditioning.
Which product did you use. This line is really hit or miss for me too.
Hits:
Giovanni Smooth as silk Conditioner
HE Dangerously Straight
VO5 strawberry champagne
aloe vera juice + braid spray
satin rollers
100% silk scarf
ion reconstructor pak
gel + styling cream (a less hard, slicked back feeling)

Miss:
lily of the desert aloe vera gel (just didn't do it...still looking for a better one)

still deciding:
aphogee 2 min. reconstructor....(i think i've had better)

still have yet to try
garnier fructis anti-frizz serum
pratail silk worm conditioner
hairveda products: almond glaze; whipped jelly; strinilah conditioner; whipped shealoe
Your hair is pretty in your siggy. I wanted to ask did you use the new forumation of Aphogee 2 min reconstructor or the old. I did not get the same results from the new. I liked the old better.
:giggle:...nope.

I just like to spell it that way...makes it sound even more exotic and confusing...

Cocosta Shikakaiakiakkaikai....Oil.

See?

:look:
Yes, exotic. ;)

Back