August 2008 Hits and Misses!

Big Hit: Redken Real Control line :grin:

I used the entire line on Friday when I rollerset, and my hair came out so soft, i couldn't stop touching it. I went to the beach today, and used the line again cause my hair was fried from the salt water and the sun, and it came out soft, smooth, moisturized, and shiny. This line is such a keeper, especially the shampoo. The shampoo left my hair feeling like I had just co-washed.

I might have to stick to just this one line.

Hits:
Fekkai Shea Butter hair mask. I'm using it as leave-in conditioner.
Solia Flat Iron
HSH Soy Paste. I put it on my ends before I use my curlers. It protects my ends very well.

Miss:
Shea Moisture moisturizer. Does absolutely nothing for my hair.

Last edited:
Hits:
Giovanni Smooth as silk Conditioner
HE Dangerously Straight

First, your hair is niccccccce...:yep:

and HE DS --co-signing...
that's a hair banger for me...:yep:

HITS:

Pantene RN Mask
NTM DDC (yes, Sylver, Mo has come back home :lol:)
HE DS

These three saved me from tangling this weekend...as long as I have this I should make my 4 months until next touch up

Also:
AVEDA Brilliant
Kids Organics Detangling Moisturizer
Sunsilk Leave In's [Straight Up and DeFrizz]

HIT:
REDKEN ALL SOFT HEAVY CREAM
REDKEN SMOOTH DOWN BUTTER TREAT
REDKEN SMOOTH DOWN HEAT GLIDE
REDKEN ANTI-SNAP LEAVE-IN

MISS:
REDKEN REAL CONTROL MASK
REDKEN ALL SOFT SHAMPOO
REDKEN SMOOTH DOWN SHAMPOO

MAJOR MAJOR HIT- Hairveda strinilah conditioner...OMG...no wonder this product never got any bad reviews...cuz its wonderful!

MAJOR MAJOR HIT- Hairveda strinilah conditioner...OMG...no wonder this product never got any bad reviews...cuz its wonderful!
really? i am so gonna get that this week.

major hit: banana brulee conditioner
paul mitchell heat seal
paul mitchell foaming pomade but im gonna use keracare foaming wrap lotion and have this on stand by.

Yeah, don't you love it?!?!

HITS

Mizani Butter Blends Honey Shield
Joico Daily Care Moisturizer
L'anza Kukui Nut conditioner

Still HITTIN'

Aveda Sap Moss Conditioning Detangler
HE Hello Hydration, Dangerously Straight (that's right, Mo!), LTR
Joico Body Luxe
Hydratherma Naturals
Shescentit Moisture Mists
PM The Conditioner - looooooove this!!!
Joico Moisture Recovery Balm - this is the s**t!!

Yeah, don't you love it?!?!

HITS

Mizani Butter Blends Honey Shield
Joico Daily Care Moisturizer
L'anza Kukui Nut conditioner

Still HITTIN'

Aveda Sap Moss Conditioning Detangler
HE Hello Hydration, Dangerously Straight (that's right, Mo!), LTR
Joico Body Luxe
Hydratherma Naturals
Shescentit Moisture Mists
PM The Conditioner - looooooove this!!!
Joico Moisture Recovery Balm - this is the s**t!!

Really disliking you right now with your still hittin list...:nono:

:lol:

I'ma have to plunk down a few dollars just to try this HE HH

and yeaaaaaaah cuz on the DS....*bomb diggity!*

*m..oi..sture...re..cove..ry..ba..lm...can..t...sta...nd....b..r..own..ie...*
:look:

I just wanna say that I can't stand yawl.:look:

I've been reading about Hairveda products up and down this board all week---then I come in here, and it's getting HITS all over the place!!

*loggin onto website*

:spinning: :lol:

btw...

HIT

SheScentIt
Banana Brulee Conditioner
Seyani Hair Butter

I received my samples in the mail today--and I just want to EAT that conditioner!! I haven't even used it yet. It just smells sooooo good!!:lick: The Seyani Butter smells yummy also!

I just wanna say that I can't stand yawl.:look:

I've been reading about Hairveda products up and down this board all week---then I come in here, and it's getting HITS all over the place!!

*loggin onto website*

:spinning: :lol:

btw...

HIT

SheScentIt
Banana Brulee Conditioner
Seyani Hair Butter

I received my samples in the mail today--and I just want to EAT that conditioner!! I haven't even used it yet. It just smells sooooo good!!:lick: The Seyani Butter smells yummy also!

Wait til you smell the SitriNillah Hair Masque :thud:or the Whipped Hair Cream :thud:or the Vatika Frosting :thud:or the Cocasta Oil :thud:I don't know why the Whisper Song popped in my head when I said "wait til you..."

Wait til you smell the SitriNillah Hair Masque :thud:or the Whipped Hair Cream :thud:or the Vatika Frosting :thud:or the Cocasta Oil :thud:I don't know why the Whisper Song popped in my head when I said "wait til you..."

:ohwell:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

adding...you just basically named my hairveda wish list... :lick:

OH NO YOU BETTER NOT.....DON'T LET ME CATCH YOU IN THE STORE MISSY..:spank:

Me and Herbal Essences are friends...*hair likey :yep:*

And hair likey coconut...:yep:

That's why I'm copping that and the SitriNillah...:yep:

Coconut is cool and SitriNillah is awesome, but Imma have to go peep the HE ingredients. If I don't like what I see:cantlook:, I'm putting you in time-out!:jail:

Okay.....*hairbanger moment* and followers of this product...understand me when I say...

if my hair...had to go to hair prison.....I would be PANTENE RELAXED AND NATURAL BREAKAGE DEFENSE MASK's b****....

I almost had another very bad tangling situation as I enter the 9 week post mark...
same thing happened last week...:nono:

I am now realizing some new products are only helpful up until the 6-7 week mark then I'ma have to put them to the side.

Now the pantene, ntm, herbal essences combo did the trick last week...but tonight...the hair wasn't having it...I was substituting the pantene intensive in the bottle instead because I didn't have one of the masks in the bathroom...but that was not gonna do..:nono:

I had to hop out the shower...dip into the stash cabinet and break out the stunna...the Pantene RN BD Mask..dolo...nothing else...

My hair came back...the tangles went away...I was soft and pink again... :love::lick:

I think that as long as I don't stray from the hair stunna...I will make it until October's touch up.:yep:

A muther****** Samuel L. Jackson hit...:210:

*the end*

Coconut is cool and SitriNillah is awesome, but Imma have to go peep the HE ingredients. If I don't like what I see:cantlook:, I'm putting you in time-out!:jail:

Ingredients

Water , Stearyl Alcohol , Cyclopentasiloxane , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Dimethicone , Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract , Cocos Nucifera Milk Coconut , Fragrance , Glutamic Acid , Benzyl Alcohol , EDTA , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Citric Acid , Blue 1

CORRECTION FROM THE INGREDIENT LIST TAKEN FROM WALGREENS.COM SITE

The back of my bottle of Hello Hydration says the following:
Water , Stearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract , Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Glutamic Acid, Fragrance, Bisaminopropyl Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol , EDTA , Propylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Citric Acid , Blue 1
I like this lineup...and will double check that future purchase have the same one...check the back of your bottles my people...

Last edited:
Hits:

Aloe Vera Juice + Water as a leave in
Unrefined coconut oil :drool: :lick: don't know what took me so friggin long...

ETA re: coconut oil & aloe vera juice - I am just in amazement with this stuff... it is almost 5p and my hair is still soft shiny and moisturized. This NEVER EVER EVER EVER happens to me; my hair ALWAYS dries out after about 3 hours. I'm rockin a curlformer set and I have been getting compliments all day. This is a nice feeling. :)

Possible miss:

Whipped Moisture Cream... :( I wanted this to work so badly! I've tried it on wet and dry hair and nothing. :(

Last edited:

Now here YOU go Eisani!! :lol:

gurrrrrrrrrrrrrlllll!!!!

see---all I was planning to buy was the SitriniNillah stuff!!

But now, I'm just going to get all of them! :spinning: Your suggestions have never steered me wrong!
-------

I don't know why the Whisper Song popped in my head when I said "wait til you..

LOLOL!!! :lol:

:look:...who?...me???

Now here YOU go Eisani!! :lol:

gurrrrrrrrrrrrrlllll!!!!

see---all I was planning to buy was the SitriniNillah stuff!!

But now, I'm just going to get all of them! :spinning: Your suggestions have never steered me wrong!
-------

I don't know why the Whisper Song popped in my head when I said "wait til you..

LOLOL!!! :lol:

in the whisper song voice...you got a sexy lil blowout and your hair look soft :look:
The whipped hair cream I use for baggying when my hair is straight, or I'll add just a wee dab to the ends after a rollerset. I lil goes a VERY long way. I bought mine in March or April and have barely used 1/4 of the bottle:blush: . I use Cocasta for scalp massages and as a sealant, mainly in the colder months. I use the Vatika frosting just like my EVCO; prepoos, sealing, just because...Check my '08 album, I have pics of a braidout after using SitriNillah and Vatika Frosting.

in the whisper song voice...you got a sexy lil blowout and your hair look soft :look:
The whipped hair cream I use for baggying when my hair is straight, or I'll add just a wee dab to the ends after a rollerset. I lil goes a VERY long way. I bought mine in March or April and have barely used 1/4 of the bottle:blush: . I use Cocasta for scalp massages and as a sealant, mainly in the colder months. I use the Vatika frosting just like my EVCO; prepoos, sealing, just because...Check my '08 album, I have pics of a braidout after using SitriNillah and Vatika Frosting.

okay...now why was I reading what you typed in the 'whisper' voice. LOL!! :lol: :lol:

I called myself checking out your album last night---but I didn't scroll all the way down to the '08 album.
But I just checked it out a few moments ago----leaving notes under each pic. :look: :lol:

Anyway--your braidout looks GREAT!!! :yep:

According to the hairveda website, I have to wait until Fall to order the Vatika Frosting---and the Whipped Cream is on backorder. So shoot!!

But I'll go ahead and place my order for the other items!:spinning:

Hits:

Aloe Vera Juice + Water as a leave in
Unrefined coconut oil :drool: :lick: don't know what took me so friggin long...

Possible miss:

Whipped Moisture Cream... :( I wanted this to work so badly! I've tried it on wet and dry hair and nothing. :(

Kels, how is your hair styled when you use the Whipped Moisture Cream? I love this stuff!! And I dun tole you about that coconut oil!!

Back