August Hits or Misses:

[ QUOTE ]
honeydrop215 said:
hit: aveda elixir leave in conditioner

[/ QUOTE ]That's good to hear; I just bought it and I'm about to try it tomorrow
smile.gif

Hit:
De-Luxe Rosemary Mint conditioner. My scalp feels so refreshed and clean. Very light weight and perfect for summer, when my hair doesn't suffer from dryness. Also, when I'm itchy, it's so soothing.

No misses.

hit:
Navratna cooling massage oil (purchased at naturalplaza.com)
Pantene frizz control treatment

misses:
none so far

I got the cooling massage oil just to make sure my order was 15.00 at the site. I got the bottle and read what u can do with it...put it in a spray bottle with a lil water for comfort on my scalp...i spray it on 2 times a day...and then brush my hair with a denman knock off...i have been using this product almost 3 weeks and in some areas of my head i have up to 2inches of new growth!!!!!

frizz control i spray on 2x a day also on my ends....it works relatively well

oils on the back of the bottle of navratna oil:

sesame oil--promotes growth of strong dark hair
menthol--cools the scalp and helps minimize dandruff.
alma--helps promote strong and healthy hair
camphor--minimizes dandruff; cools and conditions the scalp
thyme--helps strengthn hair roots
rosemary oil--helps promote hair growth

ooh, im getting that! I could use all of thoese benefits! is the shipping free if over 15? what else did u get?

i got the himani cream thats discussed in the skincare forum and the emani saffron soap for my face....thats bout all they have for hair i think...it may be some shampoos on there tho...

shipping is free! u just have to make ur order 15.00 at least..the order comes by priority mail

MAJOR HIT- chanou's auntie's okra oil!! leaves hair soft, not greasy and plush. like a head of velvet!

jury still out-
salerm 21- may be too coney for my naps. leaves hair feeling soft but not moisturized.
kenra mc- used it after a shampoo stripped my hair so i really couldnt tell.

[ QUOTE ]
northernbelle said:
Here is my list, thus far:

Hits:
Kenra Daily Provision
Proclaim Spray On Glossifier
Aveda Beautifying Composition

Misses:
NTM Silk Touch Leave In Cream
NTM Deep Recovery Hair Mask

No misses, Leslie_C? That's fantabulous!

northernbelle

[/ QUOTE ]

I am updating my Hits and Misses. I am moving the Aveda Beautifying Composition from the Hits to the Fair to Middling category.

It's okay. But, for the $18.00 price tag, and the raves it received on the HairBoutique website, I expected fireworks!
weird.gif

I think the Aveda Beautifying Composition works best for skin, i.e in the bath or shower, on the nails and cuticles.

After locating the oil recommendations on The Long Hair Care Site recently, I realize now that I could have done better on the basis of price and product.

Ah, well!
ohwell.gif

northernbelle

[ QUOTE ]
northernbelle said:
After locating the oil recommendations on The Long Hair Care Site recently, I realize now that I could have done better on the basis of price and product.

Ah, well!
ohwell.gif

northernbelle

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Northernbelle.. what are the oil recommendations on the Long Hair Care site??

Thanks!

clap.gif
hit Cantu shea butter leave in conditioner LOVE IT!
kisses.gif

swearing.gif
miss Queen helen hair gel UGH! Why did I buy it

[ QUOTE ]
MissB said:
Hits:

Bath and Body Works Cold Pressed Avocado and Jojoba Oil Blend

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds good, how do you use it?

I mixed one ounce of Keracare Setting Lotion
with 2 ounces of distilled water
and 1 ounce of the avocado and jojoba oil.

I put it in a spray bottle and shook it up and I applied it after using leave-in conditioner. I will try another experiment soon with vegetable glycerin instead of setting lotion. I would like to create an alcohol free version of Redken Addictive or Kerastase Aqua Oleum.

[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
Oh my goodness. I just realized I haven't bought ANYTHING this month.. and i'm not even on the product challenge!

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here!! But I love to read about what everyone else has bought.

Tebby

HITS:
Sebastian's reconstructor
shea butter
Mango butter
Feria Deep conditioning moisturizer (actually bought it in July but I didn't post in July)

toupee/wig clips
clap.gif

Satin scrunchees
bone combs

Misses:
None

ok i JUST bought something..

HIT:
Nu Expressions Diamond Shine

..my stylist used it on my hair today, it made my hair smell so good and it was so shiny! the first ingredient is a 'cone so i cant use it too often (it has another cone farther down the list) but it does have some good light oils in it!

I had a lot of misses this month... well they aren't huge misses, per se, but they don't work as well as some of the products I use already.

Hits
-Ojon palm nut oil
-Giovanni 50/50 conditioner

Misses
-Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner and Color Care Conditioner (not bad, but my Moisture Maniac conditioner kicks Kenra's butt)
-Body Shop Banana Conditioner (same reasoning)

Jury still out on
-Boots Curling Cream
-Aubrey GPB conditioner

[ QUOTE ]
Lanelle said:
Hit: Organic Root Stimulator Scalp Scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

Adding: Liv Creme Hairdress-makes my natural hair "ultra" sleek and smooth but wavy at the same time.

I have another hit this month:

Suave Humectress, I mixed it with honey and used as a condition wash and my hair is definitely loving it. I know it works for my hair because it was humid today and I tried bantu knots after my hair dried and when I took them down the ends of my hair was not frizzy.

I'm a definite 4b (my hair is course and dry)

hits:
daily defense tender apple shampoo & conditioner
ors lock & twist gel

miss:
aphogee treatment
barf.gif
naughty.gif

Back