Are You Happily or Unhappily Married??

Are You Unhappily Married or Happily Married?

• Happily Married

Votes: 198 70.7%
  • Unhappily Married

Votes: 82 29.3%

• Total voters

Cincysweetie

So I constantly go back and forth in my mind on the issue of marriage, and lately I've noticed that there seem to be some that appear to be unhappily married. Anyway, this is just a simple (private, not public--your name won't show in the results) poll on if you are happily married or unhappily married. TIA for participating.

Also, to those that vote that they are happily married, would you mind sharing how many years you've been married? The unhappily marrieds (is that a word, ha?) can do the same if they want to.

Last edited:
Happily - 10 years and 2 kids. :)
This is not to say we don't have ups and downs, no marriage is going to be happy all the time. :look:

Last edited:
Happily. 12 years and 2.5 kids (#3 due in November). To be honest, the first 7 years were the roughest. In time, we learned how to communicate with each other and our entire relationship changed. It also helped that we moved away from our families at that time.

Mostly happily married but when the hormones hit, I tend to feel animosity toward him if he even looks at me sideways. Poor dude. So I tell him this and he says," did you know that for 3 months out of the year you don't like me". I felt bad but mother nature is a b&tch.

We've been married 7 years and i'm still learning how to communicate better with him and what he 'really' likes.

Last edited:
Happily Married 3mths. I know it's not that long but we've been together for 4 years living together for 2 years. It's not without it's bumps and crossroads, I mena nothing is but i am def happy in my marriage.

This is such a good question!!! I'm happily married but the reason that I say happily is because I realize that EVERY marriage will have its good and bad and ups and downs. Despite that, I am happy because I understand that no marriage is perfect no matter how much we work at it.

HAPPILY married. Been happily married 14 years. Together a total of 15 1/2 years.

I would hate to have never met and married my sweetie. He is truly a gift and my best friend!! I love him just as much now and have just as much fun with him now as we did when we first met. Happy, happy, happy!!!!!!!! Marriage Rocks!! :lol:

Happily married 18 years, two daughters. Dated 4 years before we got married. Being married is a lot of hard work but to me it's worth it. I love having a partner, having kids, Sunday night dinners together, shopping and going to the movies on Saturdays, his arms wrapped around me at night, my babies telling me I look pretty, trips to Disney World. I dig the steady beat of marriage.

pressncurl said:
Happily married for what will be 3 years on September 28!!! We've been together for 6 years.

Thats my anniversary too. We'll be 4 years next week.
Happy anniversary pressncurl!!! :D

SweetNic_JA said:
I'm not married so I can't vote...will someone share the results?

You should be able to view the results without voting. I was able to view before I voted. Just click on view poll results just below the voting section;) .

Since it is not anonymous wrt who votes, these results might be skewed toward people who are happily married. Unhappily married people are less likely to vote due to the lack of anonymity.

Not married but I doubt someone would post if they unhappily married anyway because of the feedback then we'll have another shutdown thread.

katie said:
Since it is not anonymous wrt who votes, these results might be skewed toward people who are happily married. Unhappily married people are less likely to vote due to the lack of anonymity.
The votes are anonymous. Poll results show totals, not member names. I did state this in my original post, but I did bold, underline it, and color it to make it more obvious that the pole is anonymous.

Skyblu, I didn't ask for anyone to post that they were unhappily married, just to vote (anonymously) and to tell how many years of marriage if they wanted to. They don't even have to put if they are happily or unhappily married, I was moreso trying to see how long people have been married around here.

I wanted to clear up the confusion so people won't be turned off from voting. Thanks to all of you who have participated, so far the results of the poll are very interesting!

Last edited:
married one year in December..still in that newlywed phase I suppose ;)

happily married...Yes I love me some him..hehe

been together since July 2001

Happily married! But off course like any couple we fuss (mostly due to my hormones raging). I've taken a tip from my own parents who have been married 50+ years.....They may argue one minute and 5 minutes later you would never know they were beefing. Say what you gotta say and keep it moving.
IMO
Keep family and friends out of your biz.
Put God First and your spouse second.
Go out on a date at least 2x per month.
Family vacation together a least 2x per year.
Forgive and don't hold grudges.
Keep the romance going.
Pick your battles....everything is not worthy of a hour + long debate. :)

Cincysweetie said:
The votes are anonymous. Poll results show totals, not member names. I did state this in my original post, but I did bold, underline it, and color it to make it more obvious that the pole is anonymous.
Oh sorry about that then. I was just basing that on other polls I've seen on this board where you can see who voted what. I guess there is an option to have to poll be public or private.

Happily married for 6 yrs! Yeah baby!
And here's a recent family pic. I'm so proud!
050_50-vi.jpg

Oh BTW, that's us in my avatar! Ain't we cute?!!! LOL

Last edited:
Shalilac said:
050_50-vi.jpg

Shalilac, your family is beautiful! :)

Shalilac said:
050_50-vi.jpg

Oh my gosh that avatar pic is HOT! I'm going to purposely look for a gorgeous husband so I can take a pic like that :grin:

We're happily married and very grateful that the Lord has blessed us with 9 years of marriage. I believe our success is due to the fact that:
  1. we knew each other for 7 yrs. before we married.
  2. we received biblical counseling prior to marriage, and we follow the word regarding the role of a husband and the role of a wife.
  3. we agreed to never hold a grudge and to talk out issues.
  4. if we can't agree, respect one another's opinion and let it go.
  5. we sincerely love one another and the physical attraction is still strong.

Back