Are We To Blame? Online Vendors

@shawnyblazes
Another unacceptable issue is low Fill-Rate.

I just opened something that had a low fill-rate. :angry2:

And it wasn't about "product settling" either.:censored:

As long as I can weigh it and it's at least half an ounce more than the intended weight, I'm cool. Filled to the brim is, honestly, a treat. If the weight is exact, I will not repurchase. I can't complain but I don't like it. Unless it's stated pre-purchase.

Lololol!!! Please, let's hope not. I'm so turned off from online buying nowadays.

I gave up on online only haircare products after having to wait for vendors to come back from their vacations, maternity leave, inpatient surgeries, etc... I don't have the patience to wait for Diane to come back from her honeymoon in Barbados, before I can order more of my favorite DC. This may work for the ladies who keep an arsenal of products, but it doesn't for me. I now only use easily accessible products or I Diy.

Last edited:
Why do you think 6 months is reasonable? The natural aspect of what youre getting?

To me it's reasonable. I guess it's based on the amount of hair you have and how you go about stocking up on products.

I go through a liter of conditioner within 2 weeks. I stock up on items to last me at least 2 months.

If you're a hard-core product junkie, then that's a different story.

The only big issue I have with handmade product vendors is that I run out of a product *snap*<---- like that. :lol:

I understand the time and effort and MONEY it takes to run a handmade business...omg the MONEY that's needed just to get off the ground!:nono: (I say that as a handmade jewelry maker...so I can just imagine making hair/skin products!!!) Guuuuuuuurrrrrl!!! I had to put my business to the side until I can get stable again. :nono:

But I don't like having to wait a month to receive a product...AND I need my products to come in BIG bottles!

How long should your shipping notifications sit at preshipment info?

any small business owners here please give some insight if you have knowledge of how it usually progresses?

Hi Ladies,

If I ship packages on the weekend (Saturday or Sunday), they usually start moving by midday on Monday. If you receive a shipping notification from me after 5 pm on a weekday, your package should start moving by midday the following day. It usually depends on the volume of mail the post office receives and it could take longer for the packages to be scanned in. The hub that I ship packages from is considered a major hub so the times may vary significantly. I've had packages that showed no movement at all but then mysteriously show up 2 business days later as delivered. Dealing with USPS can be frustrating at times, but they are currently the most cost effective option that most vendors have.

HTH,

Erica

Hi Ladies,

If I ship packages on the weekend (Saturday or Sunday), they usually start moving by midday on Monday. If you receive a shipping notification from me after 5 pm on a weekday, your package should start moving by midday the following day. It usually depends on the volume of mail the post office receives and it could take longer for the packages to be scanned in. The hub that I ship packages from is considered a major hub so the times may vary significantly. I've had packages that showed no movement at all but then mysteriously show up 2 business days later as delivered. Dealing with USPS can be frustrating at times, but they are currently the most cost effective option that most vendors have.

HTH,

Erica

:2inlove::grouphug:

Something I want to say:

So remember I told y'all I loved APB more after I got a hair lotion that wasn't fully filled. So, another reason I felt it was important she should know is because I have the vendors interest in mind.

She could have refunded me my money and as a customer I would feel insulted. She could have called me a liar and made me hate her. But she rectified by sending me another bottle. That showed that she values me as a customer and has faith in her products that she feels that I should be using it.

Another thing is we don't know how big or small a persons business is. We don't know if she is working alone or has a team. Perhaps she is able to look at my order date, know when and who made it and possibly had other issues or whatever. Quality Assurance wise, does that help her business? Yes. In terms of her employees, does it help? Yes. If she is overworked, does it allow her to assess that she needs help or a better game plan? Yes. Even if the vendor becomes rude, I still say something. Not all vendors are alike and some truly want to grow and I want to help them. Saying nothing will not help that cause.

Last edited:
After waiting well over a month for products, one of the items this particular vendor sent was the wrong item.

Terrible CS the entire time. She lost the package, found it several days later, went on the road "allegedly" for her job, moved, went on vacation etc.....:look:

Since I had complained and waited so long she ended up refunding me my money.

However, she never even bothered to correct it and send the item I ordered.:angry2:

Had she done that, I may have continued to purchase from her, but that just showed me, she just ain't ready.

After waiting well over a month for products, one of the items this particular vendor sent was the wrong item.

Terrible CS the entire time. She lost the package, found it several days later, went on the road "allegedly" for her job, moved, went on vacation etc.....:look:

Since I had complained and waited so long she ended up refunding me my money.

However, she never even bothered to correct it and send the item I ordered.:angry2:

Had she done that, I may have continued to purchase from her, but that just showed me, she just ain't ready.

She doesn't care. Big difference.

When is enough for you with a repeat vendor? How many benefits of the doubt do you give. Be honest now!

I usually give 2-4 chances or so depending on my mood unless the offense was so bad that I'm completely done. There's a few I won't bother with at all after hearing some of the horror stories here.
Otherwise, a bad moment pops up occasionally. If your bad moments start becoming the norm, then I'm done.

When is enough for you with a repeat vendor? How many benefits of the doubt do you give. Be honest now!

@shawnyblazes
It depends on how egregious the screw-up and their "Attitude" at fully resolving the situation.

Customer Service is key. I can (and do) 'overlook' a lot of things if you are correcting it with the right attitude.

But if you ackin' stank and you got my money jammed up, that's not good.

I'm one and done for a serious offense. I have never ordered from hydro systems, honey handmade, and soultanicals and based on the customer service reviews and I never will. I don't understand how these companies have repeat customers. It's too many options available for me to reward bad customer service with repeat business.

If I have to file a PayPal claim or if you ignore my emails, you have lost me as a customer.

Back