Are We To Blame? Online Vendors

If I say I am not happy about something, please don't try to challenge me. I'm not happy periodt.

giphy.gif

Having an issue with an On-Line Vendor who has great Sales, really good products but slo, slo, slo:angry2:

Last Sale it took about 1 month to get my order and now I have something missing from that order. It's such a hassle.:censored:

Even though I contacted her about my missing item, it is definitely unlikely I'll ever receive it or a refund.

Such a Pain.:barf:

Oh and another thing...some of these vendors are overcharging for shipping. $10 flat rate shipping is not the business. And I have a business where I ship anywhere from a few ounces to several pounds. Only time it's $10 or more is if I'm shipping across the country. I've completely written off some vendors just based on that.

Unless people are ordering 3-4lbs of product at a time, every time, they are overcharging.

Another thing that irks me about online vendors: not putting full ingredients list out the website.

If you're a solely online vendor, I can't walk into Target or my local BSS to check the ingredients when you fail to put it on your website. It'll be something that deters me from purchasing an item as I do have to be mindful of the ingredients going into my hair and I don't want to pay $$$ to get a product I'm not going to be able to use.

Another thing that irks me about online vendors: not putting full ingredients list out the website.

If you're a solely online vendor, I can't walk into Target or my local BSS to check the ingredients when you fail to put it on your website. It'll be something that deters me from purchasing an item as I do have to be mindful of the ingredients going into my hair and I don't want to pay $$$ to get a product I'm not going to be able to use.
That drives me nuts. Quite I shouldn't have to ask. It's just annoying

This drives me insane. People have allergies, sensitivities, and/or simply ingredients they choose to avoid. Shouldn't have to ask for a full list.

This drives me insane. People have allergies, sensitivities, and/or simply ingredients they choose to avoid. Shouldn't have to ask for a full list.
A lot of these IG hair stylists now sell hair products, moisturizers and oils. I dm'd one asking what was in her protein pre-poo (and so have many others), and she never responded. The only thing she has ever confirmed in one of her YT videos was mayonnaise-- but that's because it reeks of mayo, so, that one is obvious. I liked it enough, but since relaxing again, I want to make sure I know what I'm putting on my hair. So, I stopped using it and won't repurchase.

Last edited:
Excessive Shipping costs really grinds my gears, especially when there are cheaper options and alternatives:censored:

Those flat $10, 00-$15.00+ shipping costs are excessive:angry2:

Even the "standard" $8-$9 to ship 1 item IMO is also excessive:eek:

As well as when the discount is minimal and the shipping takes it back to the original price+:nono:

Excessive Shipping costs really grinds my gears, especially when there are cheaper options and alternatives:censored:

Those flat $10, 00-$15.00+ shipping costs are excessive:angry2:

Even the "standard" $8-$9 to ship 1 item IMO is also excessive:eek:

As well as when the discount is minimal and the shipping takes it back to the original price+:nono:

I was going to order a hot head cap during their Black Friday sale, but the shipping was higher than the discount. No thanks.

I would not buy from someone making their 9wnloke
A lot of these IG hair stylists now sell hair products, moisturizers and oils. I dm'd one asking what was in her protein pre-poo (and so have many others), and she never responded. The only thing she has ever confirmed in one of her YT videos was mayonnaise-- but that's because it reeks of mayo, so, that one is obvious. I liked it enough, but since relaxing again, I want to make sure I know what I'm putting on my hair. So, I stopped using it and won't repurchase.
I would not buy from someone making their own products should be outlawed. They need to make it in line of the laws

This was a really good thread from start to finish. As we come to the close of 2020 do you ladies find that the online vendors are getting better or worse with the concerns previously expressed? Are there any tried and true vendors that you still frequent to this day?

I will still purchase something like a shampoo or deep conditioner from APB on occasion to support her. She always operates with honesty and integrity and she is a very sweet person. Her CS is wonderful. She is also very upfront with how her shipping times work nowadays due to very high volume. You will not get your products until the following month. I'm wondering if she is in the works of branching out to change that or keep her process as is. The only other online vendor I use, also black owned, is The Glam Republic for her soaps and sometimes other body goodies. Good shipping times, cs, and quality body items. The owner is also very sweet.

I am transitioning more to the DIY side for myself and will probably just order my supplies via Amazon. I did make a butter purchase from 3cayg to support, so the jury is out on that one. However so far, it looks like I may be waiting a bit for that order.

I struggled to understand what she said. I don't know if it's how fast she spoke or how she put her sentences together. What was she saying?

Advice for natural hair brands cliffs notes:

1. Stop making low quality products. How are you putting out products that the majority doesn't like? Are you testing these products on different hair types before releasing them?

2. Your products should have slip and moisture as a baseline.

3. Stop inconsistent products, establish quality control

4. Stop reformulating and producing inferior products when your brand expands in order to cut costs. (I can name at least 3 brands that did this)

5. produce more botanical gels with hold

6. stop with the incomplete ingredients lists (omitting preservatives and emulsifiers from the lists)

7. stop the poor customer service

8. stop deleting reviews

9. stop blocking customers for asking questions or for leaving constructive criticism

10. stop marketing to self hate/texture hierarchy. Stop using ads that shows a product changing the appearance of type 4 hair into type 3 hair.

Last edited:
Back