are the men in d.c. really THAT bad?

My new job seems very nice! And I've found a place to stay! Now, on to conquer a social life! Ok, so where were we, boughetto negros popping bottles? Lol! The funny thing is based on the folks I know that are always talking about that spot, I can kind of see why someone would say that, everyone has their own perspectives...somebody was just telling me about how they were getting bottle service last time they were there. The peeps I know do make decent money (definitely not balling out of control tho), so it wasn't their whole paycheck by a long shot.

However, I will say that after a while the whole flashy buppie popping bottles scene does get old/redundant. I mean, its cool every once in a while, but I'm hoping to explore different venues.

I've heard that DC is a big-HIV-positive infection waiting to happen and that ATL is home to a bunch of down low brothers and commitment phobs. I've never been to either city so I couldn't say if it was true or not.

Yea, people name drop A LOT. And it's hard not to get caught up in it. When I first moved up here I found it soooo tacky. People were like oh I have a business meeting with Fannie Mae or the Department of Defense and such and such. And I'm like ni**a you're prolly just a vendor trying to sell them some snacks for the machines in their lobby. Stop it!

Also, I know A LOT of young people around my age (early 20's) that still live with their parents in the suburbs of VA or MD and pay no rent! Honestly the pay up here is so high because of the cost of living that if you don't have to pay living expenses it's at least an extra 15k added on to your paycheck. And these ni**as are the ones out here stunting with the benzs and luxury vehicles. Mind you I have my little Kia Spectra and I'm perfectly happy with it. I'ma ride that sapsucker until the wheels fall off just because I like not having a car note, ya feel me?

I have never met anyone (outside my family) who used that term! :lol:

Even though I'm not from or have ever lived in the DMV area... I believe that DC gets a very bad rap on the HIV/AIDS thing.

I remember reading somewhere that alot of HIV/AIDS positive folks move there because they have some of the most innovative treatments..

Sent from my DROIDX using DROIDX

^^^And keep in mind DC is NOT Chocolate city anymore so if the rates are up its not solely because of us. BUT you shouldnt be sexing unprotected or (in a better case) without that little card that says negative anyway.

Imani...Yea for your new job and place. I am going to be out of town for a little bit (going to the west coast to hang out with an old boo, pray for me). When I get back, its on girlie.

^^^And keep in mind DC is NOT Chocolate city anymore so if the rates are up its not solely because of us. BUT you shouldnt be sexing unprotected or (in a better case) without that little card that says negative anyway.

Imani...Yea for your new job and place. I am going to be out of town for a little bit (going to the west coast to hang out with an old boo, pray for me). When I get back, its on girlie.

Thanks! Oh laaaawwwd @ the bolded! :lol:

Sadly, most of the burden of the epidemic is falling on us. 75% of the HIV population in DC is Black.

Well anyway...enough with the statistics and opinions. Let me know when y'all are ready to have some fun! I will be in NYC this weekend and Chicago next weekend after that I'm down. Hopefully Imani will be settled in and ready to hang.

I was thinking about this thread this morning. I think it's great that you ladies will be hooking up. Don't hurt 'em! I know 'yall won't get bamboozled!! :-) Summer is here get out and remember to have fun!

Last edited:
Last edited:
And I'm still trying to get up there lol....even after this thread. Keep posting ladies I'm taking notes on all the spots I should check out.

Yes, I grew up in the DC area. I tell friends taht want to move here that if they want to stay single come to DC. :ohwell:

I love that you ladies wanna have some girl time.

Keep in mind our meet up will be tons of fun, drama free, and LOTS OF MANIZIN'...:look:

All my single ladies...:grin:

@Imani, @Sade', @Glib Gurl, @lushcoils, @Ltown, @JusMarieJolie, @Duchesse, @Ivie184, @natural one, @Nefertiti0906, @fadaka, @kweenameena I see that you all have expressed an interest to hook up. Maybe the Jazz fest, Lima, Marvin, Lauriol Plaza, Bus Boy and Poets, Chi Cha Lounge, Oya, Fusion Lounge etc...

We'll decide.

ANYONE ELSE I MISSED?!?!?

Hey y'all, there are pool parties at Capitol Skyline every Sat. For the last two summers, they were thrown by Brightest Young Things and now Thievery Corp and Eighteenth Street Lounge has taking over.

These parties are a great place to mingle with the jet-setting/hipster crowd.

Dubsplash at Capitol Skyline

@Imani, @Sade', @Glib Gurl, @lushcoils, @Ltown, @JusMarieJolie, @Duchesse, @Ivie184, @natural one, @Nefertiti0906, @fadaka, kweenameena I see that you all have expressed an interest to hook up. Maybe the Jazz fest, Lima, Marvin, Lauriol Plaza, Bus Boy and Poets, Chi Cha Lounge, Oya, Fusion Lounge etc...

We'll decide.

Make sure you guys spread out or break up into smaller groups so you don't look too intimidating:yep: happy hunting ladies:wave:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

@Imani, @Sade', @Glib Gurl, @lushcoils, @Ltown, @JusMarieJolie, @Duchesse, @Ivie184, @natural one, @Nefertiti0906, @fadaka, @kweenameena I see that you all have expressed an interest to hook up. Maybe the Jazz fest, Lima, Marvin, Lauriol Plaza, Bus Boy and Poets, Chi Cha Lounge, Oya, Fusion Lounge etc...

We'll decide.

If you guys meet after July 11, count me in. I'm out of town from tomorrow until then. either way, tell us how it went! I'm not looking, but happy to be someone's wingwoman!

Hey y'all, there are pool parties at Capitol Skyline every Sat. For the last two summers, they were thrown by Brightest Young Things and now Thievery Corp and Eighteenth Street Lounge has taking over.

These parties are a great place to mingle with the jet-setting/hipster crowd.

Dubsplash at Capitol Skyline

I have been wanting to go to a pool party for ages.:yep:

eta: been eating all this junk and not exercising with moving/traveling. Gotta get back on point talking bout a pool party:lol:

Last edited:
aww im jealous. I wish i were in DC so that i could attend. It seems like you guys are about to have a good time. Poor me is in Michigan.

Back