are the men in d.c. really THAT bad?

@Imani, @Sade', @Glib Gurl, @lushcoils, @Ltown, @JusMarieJolie, @Duchesse, @Ivie184, @natural one, @Nefertiti0906, @fadaka, @kweenameena, @Dymondz7, @thaidreams, @babyb900,@mwedzi, @EbonyEyes, @FlyyBohemian, @zora, @scarcity21, @chronicity, @Ashlee5125

So ladies, I was thinking this weekend but it will be bad for me (not thats its all about me but ya know :look:)

Anyway, DEFINITELY next weekend, June 11th.

How many will be able to attend our 1st meet up on this date?
What time?

My male friends say DC and Atlanta are like being a kid in a candy store...."what do I want today?".

DC = Attractive successful men in an even bigger pool of attractive successful women. Which means that the men can be more choosy because there's more to choose amongst, therefore giving him less impotus to settle down.

Casual dating should be fun...dating seriously may get difficult...

How old are these men? And are they all looking to get into politics?

Can you all add me to the list. I'm off that weekend and I'm relatively new to the area so I'd like to hangout also. I'm in desperate need of some girlfriends in the area!

I'm going to be there that day but will be apt. hunting again :(

Depending on what time you ladies meet up tho....maybe I can swing it. If anything, the next meetup I'm in!

I tend to date low key quiet guys that are not well known around town. I had been out of the dating game for almost the past decade because I had family commitments so I had no time to date but starting this year I got back into the dating scene and wouldn't you know it an old flame of mine wants to get back with me, but alas, my tastes have changed from the time we were together so nothing doing. My issue with DC is not really the men but some of the "changes" that are taking place that make me highly uncomfortable. I travel quite often and meet men in other cities, Boston men have been on my radar...A LOT! DC is a beautiful city but it's changing too much for my tastes.

how are you guys gonna meetup from a thread i started and i'm not even there yet? :sad:

well, have fun without me...take lots of pics *wipes tear from eye*

^^^As 'awesome' as that sounds...people come to visit all the time, people break up, people come from MD and VA and PA and NY. So its no worry at all.

at least 90% of all people worldwide will get married sometime in life.

@Imani, @Sade', @Glib Gurl, @lushcoils, @Ltown, @JusMarieJolie, @Duchesse, @Ivie184, @natural one, @Nefertiti0906, @fadaka, @kweenameena, @Dymondz7, @thaidreams, @babyb900,@mwedzi, @EbonyEyes, @FlyyBohemian, @zora, @scarcity21, @chronicity, @Ashlee5125 , @candy1214, @nene 1

Alright ladies...

I had to change the day from Saturday to Friday night....WHY? It will be Pride Week in DC this weekend (11th thru 12th) and we will inevitably run into the kind of men we do NOT want to get involved with anywhere. :lol:

Agreed?!!??:yep:

I have an event we can attend.

Date: June 10th
Time: 7p - until
Event: Darius Jones Trio w/OOO
Price: $12

For more info: http://capitalbop.com/2010/11/29/announcing-capitalbops-first-d-c-jazz-loft/

@Imani, @Sade', @Glib Gurl, @lushcoils, @Ltown, @JusMarieJolie, @Duchesse, @Ivie184, @natural one, @Nefertiti0906, @fadaka, @kweenameena, @Dymondz7, @thaidreams, @babyb900,@mwedzi, @EbonyEyes, @FlyyBohemian, @zora, @scarcity21, @chronicity, @Ashlee5125 , @candy1214, @nene 1

Alright ladies...

I had to change the day from Saturday to Friday night....WHY? It will be Pride Week in DC this weekend (11th thru 12th) and we will inevitably run into the kind of men we do NOT want to get involved with anywhere. :lol:

Agreed?!!??:yep:

I have an event we can attend.

Date: June 10th
Time: 7p - until
Event: Darius Jones Trio w/OOO
Price: $12

For more info: http://capitalbop.com/2010/11/29/announcing-capitalbops-first-d-c-jazz-loft/

What time are you all planning to get there . . . I don't want to be the first one out the gate . . . especially since I need you all how to skool me on how to do this whole "lounge" thing :giggle:

I'm excited my first night out! I haven't been out since New Years. lol.

Gotta go grab me some grey goose and green apple martini mix for a little predrink!

*walks in da room*

i done missed all da action. i wish i could meet up with you on the 11th, but I'm going to a pool party (indoors) on that day.

meanwhile, have fun. when I get home, imma pour me some Jack D, light up a newport n read da rest of this post.

i saw where someone mentioned the Red Door - nice spot.

18th Street Lounge - neva been. imma hafta make my way ova there.

Glib Gurl - are you going to the Red Door?

oh, and ladies, don't forget the Ft. Washington Harbour. The shows there are NICE. I have to check the schedule to see who is performing soon.

Oh, anyone going to Jazzfest this year? I'm going....wooo hooo!! now talk about MEN???? in the Hampton area during jazzfest????? that is where u need to be ladies!!!

*walks in da room*

i done missed all da action. i wish i could meet up with you on the 11th, but I'm going to a pool party (indoors) on that day.

meanwhile, have fun. when I get home, imma pour me some Jack D, light up a newport n read da rest of this post.

i saw where someone mentioned the Red Door - nice spot.

18th Street Lounge - neva been. imma hafta make my way ova there.

Glib Gurl - are you going to the Red Door?

oh, and ladies, don't forget the Ft. Washington Harbour. The shows there are NICE. I have to check the schedule to see who is performing soon.

Oh, anyone going to Jazzfest this year? I'm going....wooo hooo!! now talk about MEN???? in the Hampton area during jazzfest????? that is where u need to be ladies!!!

ThatJerseyGirl

Where's the Hampton area?

Last edited:

I dont know how many of you are hanging tonight but I will be at the Red Door Spa. If you coming, let me know and ill PM u. We can set up to meet.
BeautifulFlower

Oh No! I thought we were hanging on saturday! I'm celebrating my bday tonight at park, got a table and everything! Yall have fun tonight though! :)

BeautifulFlower

Oh No! I thought we were hanging on saturday! I'm celebrating my bday tonight at park, got a table and everything! Yall have fun tonight though! :)

JusMarieJolie

Oh no...I am sorry. Its going to be pride week so I knew the city would be a little 'different' then what it usually would be on a Saturday afternoon.

Maybe we can arrange to come say celebrate with you instead!!!

But HAPPY BIRTHDAY:birthday2:dance7:

Back