are the men in d.c. really THAT bad?

MY opinion, right here in NYC :yep:
I prayy thats so!

Of course I want someone who is abitious, but being humble is big for me. No fancy car required. In fact it could be a turn off when you think of the others ways you could of spent your money...

Ladies--everything said in this thread is true. I even have had to put FH in his place.

On the real, I tell him you can try that crap with me because you've effed around with all these other DMV women. But there are plenty of other viable pic kin's out there for me. I never feel limited.

SMH @ these DMV men! Nearly ALL my girlfriends in this area are single :/

Same here. :ohwell:

And ALL of us are GREAT young ladies too! We're attractive, dress nicely, try to keep ourselves up (for the most part :look:), have decent jobs, and actually have GOOD morals, and nice personalities. But do you see GOOD, quality men here in the DMV area knocking down our doors to get to us?? Nope! :nono:

It's almost like you have to be MORE than perfect (or fresh meat :look: ) in order to get "noticed" here by the men in this area. It seems like they're looking for perfection or the stereotypical "video vixen", and most women just don't fit that description!

Although I have never had a problem getting men, I do have to agree with a lot of u that DC men are so pretentious. Since i'm back out in dating world ive come across a few ..yuck. Ive often heard that Dc is the home of the 'male groupie' these men are pretenders, fronters, materialistic. i sniff them out quick. I'm from NY and they r straight real up there.
i have two cars. a bmw & a civic. the difference in treatment i get here is crazy. DC Promoters thinking they celebs :-/. i got on one dude so bad he look like he was going to cry. try to crack on my shoes. im not a heels woman. i dress for comfort. guess im suppose to b in some louboutins. i was like hon really? so what makes me is wht i have on my feet? not that im a homeowner of which i worked saved to put half down straight cash or my cars w/ no notes? u beg people every week to come to parties drivin a wack azzzz leased rover that stay on a quarter tank cause u can't afford to put gas and u live in an apartment :-/. this is an example of a lot of men here. on his fb status talkin about a chick ain't nothing if she buys her shoes from aldo..wth?! SMDH

i've lucked up with my past sos & my so now.

Reactions: JFK
Although I have never had a problem getting men, I do have to agree with a lot of u that DC men are so pretentious. Since i'm back out in dating world ive come across a few ..yuck. Ive often heard that Dc is the home of the 'male groupie' these men are pretenders, fronters, materialistic. i sniff them out quick. I'm from NY and they r straight real up there.
i have two cars. a bmw & a civic. the difference in treatment i get here is crazy. DC Promoters thinking they celebs :-/. i got on one dude so bad he look like he was going to cry. try to crack on my shoes. im not a heels woman. i dress for comfort. guess im suppose to b in some louboutins. i was like hon really? so what makes me is wht i have on my feet? not that im a homeowner of which i worked saved to put half down straight cash or my cars w/ no notes? u beg people every week to come to parties drivin a wack azzzz leased rover that stay on a quarter tank cause u can't afford to put gas and u live in an apartment :-/. this is an example of a lot of men here. on his fb status talkin about a chick ain't nothing if she buys her shoes from aldo..wth?! SMDH

:lachen::lachen::lachen: Love it. I sooo wish I had witnessed that! You go Sylver!

Yea, people name drop A LOT. And it's hard not to get caught up in it. When I first moved up here I found it soooo tacky. People were like oh I have a business meeting with Fannie Mae or the Department of Defense and such and such. And I'm like ni**a you're prolly just a vendor trying to sell them some snacks for the machines in their lobby. Stop it!
:lachen::lachen::lachen: at the bolded

general[/U] are getting married older and at later times these days. But it seems that the age is higher here in this area for some reason.

i was out on a date and the guy actually told me this. :blush: needless to say it was the last time i talked to that idiot. he told me that he didn't like dating women mid20's to 30+ because they want a relationship and require too much while 20+ and 40+ women just want to date and have fun. he was an example of someone good on paper but an absolute moron. absolute worst date of my life. :look: and sad part is he isn't the first person who told me that.
also, one of my close male friends from this area, 1st word of advice when i first moved here is that the men here are not like other places. he pretty much told me, i'd likely have to approach them if i'm interested. i told him i'm old school and i'm not approaching anyone. :nono:

^^^^Unfortunately, I've been told the same thing. The ones who do approach are bums or boys in HIGH SCHOOL!!!! Ugh!!!

I seem to have better luck online.

Excuse my language, but thats so f***** gay and lame as hell:nono: I cannot stand all these wack @ss dudes these days knowing more about FEMALE fashion than I do. Wtf

OMG soooo true and funny!!! DMV have too many wanna be Pepe le pu's.

Also I wanted to add since I grew up in DC and went to DC schools that you will find many cliques in DC. Even after I graduated from College I still found myself in the midst of being compared to this DC clique and even at 30 something years old, you will find the city filled with many adult clique's (social groups). In other words, either you are in the "in" crowd" or you are not. If you are in the in crowd, you shop only at certain stores, you go to only certain beauty salons, you wear only a certain style of makeup.

I remember a long, long time ago (in the 90's) when a friend of mine moved here from the South asked me why did all the girls in DC wear the same Parasuco jeans, with low Black nine west boots and only wore MAC Makeup? I just said, its the DC culture and anything other than that to too many DMV folks is simply strange. Although this style has change, both men and women are still mimicking and trying to out do each other.

Last edited:
Yea, people name drop A LOT. And it's hard not to get caught up in it. When I first moved up here I found it soooo tacky. People were like oh I have a business meeting with Fannie Mae or the Department of Defense and such and such. And I'm like ni**a you're prolly just a vendor trying to sell them some snacks for the machines in their lobby. Stop it!

Also, I know A LOT of young people around my age (early 20's) that still live with their parents in the suburbs of VA or MD and pay no rent! Honestly the pay up here is so high because of the cost of living that if you don't have to pay living expenses it's at least an extra 15k added on to your paycheck. And these ni**as are the ones out here stunting with the benzs and luxury vehicles. Mind you I have my little Kia Spectra and I'm perfectly happy with it. I'ma ride that sapsucker until the wheels fall off just because I like not having a car note, ya feel me?

JusMarieJolie - chile, u ain't neva lied!!! matta fact, da broads here ain't no betta lololol. there is an associate of mines. she's a washingtonian and gets on my dayum nerves. her thinking and her mentality just blows me away. she meets guys left and right and the first thing comes out of her mouth is oh, he drives a so n so, he works at so and so. or if he don't measure up, there's a problem.

so one day, i got tired of listening to her so i just did what i do best. i lit u a newport one hunnit and let her have it. i was like how u gonna tawk bout what he drive n what he got when u live at home with ur motha in a one bedroom condo, u sleepin in da dining area on a twin bed and drive a OLD beat up azzzz bmw with personalized tags? she always puttin somebody down like she better than da next broad, and think she da shyt. i was like u can't even invite a guy ova to where u live cuz it ain't no room for da brotha to get in da door...don't get me started, but she asked for it. got on my nerves and i know i'm very outspoken so it didn't take long.

i could go on and on. seriously. these broads here in the area are bamas too. a good time/date to them is gettin some crabs from da warf, then going to haynes point or anacostia park to "dine."

das why i go home to Jersey as much as possible. everytime i cross dat Delaware Bridge and I see that sign "Welcome to New Jersey," I feel so dayum proud n happy to be home....

Is this thread only referring to bm being really bad? What's your experience with dating non-bm in the DMV area? Are many of them* eager to show interest in/flirt, date, and marry bw in your experience? Or all men in DC the same?

*referring to at least decent looking, decent body, educated, employed, nice personality, age 25-35, etc etc :look:

Is this thread only referring to bm being really bad? What's your experience with dating non-bm in the DMV area? Are many of them* eager to show interest in/flirt, date, and marry bw in your experience? Or all men in DC the same?

*referring to at least decent looking, decent body, educated, employed, nice personality, age 25-35, etc etc :look:

Good question and maybe some of the other women can chime in. But I never had a problem dating men of other races. I also think DMV men are pretty much open to dating women of other races. In my 20's I was very gunho about only being serious about BM, I ended up marrying a WM in my 30's.

i think the white guys are kinda the same way, although the ones that really boast and brag are really doing something. You'll find more white guys that are down to earth and chill just because they don't think they're something special for having a nice job and what not. Black guys think just because they have a degree and aren't in jail they're special, white guys think they're special if they have a top secret security clearance and make over 60K.

Im currently very open to dating men outside my race/ethnicity...i just recently dropped two AA male prospects and I have a date lined u this week with a haitian and one next week with a native american/hawaiian boxer lol

Lol....reading this was super funny!!!

Ive been in the DMV since I was 9. I didnt even realize how tru this all is. I am a pretty eccentric sista...natural hair, vegan, non-hoochie clothes....in other words im not "in" and usually stick out like a sore thumb most places I go. Funny thing is most men around here never approach me, but just stare (punks) and a few will throw a compliment my way, but never have the balls to start a convo. Most men around here likely to go for the easy...and trust there are A LOT of easy women around here. Especially since most high school girls around here dont have a father figure...they take FULL advantage. I dont how many times men who were 35-40 hit on me thinkin i was in high school (YUCKY PERVS!!!)...then when I tell them im in my mid-late 20's...the look on their face is priceless ! Im like...yea, caught you, you perv!

And its funny to see the ones out with their "girlfriends" a/k/a regular-source-of-pussy. They are so unaffectionate you think they was brother and sister or cousins. Look at me when their girl aint lookin, and the bold ones are trying to make eye contact wit me when there girl aint lookin.

And then you got the lil high school and middle school boys...yes middle school...trying to holla in. I was on metro one day and these lil boys...couldnt be older than 14 or 15...was talkin bout me.."look at her...go get her...she look like she 14 but she not dressed like it" as they get off the train, staring me down, they start to sing "ohh, I think she like me" LOL!!!!!!

The first thing most guys around here ask are "where do you work/what do you do" and "where do you live" Now of course the ONLY reason (well maybe not the only) they ask this is so they can tell you where they work and what they do in an attempt to impress you. But they dont want no gold digger??? Then *****...why the hell are you tellin me in detail where you work, what you do, and where you live??? Errry body round here knows how much the gov'mt pays for the different typs of jobs!

i think the white guys are kinda the same way, although the ones that really boast and brag are really doing something. You'll find more white guys that are down to earth and chill just because they don't think they're something special for having a nice job and what not. Black guys think just because they have a degree and aren't in jail they're special, white guys think they're special if they have a top secret security clearance and make over 60K.

Im currently very open to dating men outside my race/ethnicity...i just recently dropped two AA male prospects and I have a date lined u this week with a haitian and one next week with a native american/hawaiian boxer lol

Paaa-lease lemme know where you meet these men:grin:

Lol....reading this was super funny!!!

Ive been in the DMV since I was 9. I didnt even realize how tru this all is. I am a pretty eccentric sista...natural hair, vegan, non-hoochie clothes....in other words im not "in" and usually stick out like a sore thumb most places I go. Funny thing is most men around here never approach me, but just stare (punks) and a few will throw a compliment my way, but never have the balls to start a convo. Most men around here likely to go for the easy...and trust there are A LOT of easy women around here. Especially since most high school girls around here dont have a father figure...they take FULL advantage. I dont how many times men who were 35-40 hit on me thinkin i was in high school (YUCKY PERVS!!!)...then when I tell them im in my mid-late 20's...the look on their face is priceless ! Im like...yea, caught you, you perv!

And its funny to see the ones out with their "girlfriends" a/k/a regular-source-of-pussy. They are so unaffectionate you think they was brother and sister or cousins. Look at me when their girl aint lookin, and the bold ones are trying to make eye contact wit me when there girl aint lookin.

And then you got the lil high school and middle school boys...yes middle school...trying to holla in. I was on metro one day and these lil boys...couldnt be older than 14 or 15...was talkin bout me.."look at her...go get her...she look like she 14 but she not dressed like it" as they get off the train, staring me down, they start to sing "ohh, I think she like me" LOL!!!!!!

The first thing most guys around here ask are "where do you work/what do you do" and "where do you live" Now of course the ONLY reason (well maybe not the only) they ask this is so they can tell you where they work and what they do in an attempt to impress you. But they dont want no gold digger??? Then *****...why the hell are you tellin me in detail where you work, what you do, and where you live??? Errry body round here knows how much the gov'mt pays for the different typs of jobs!

When I saw your post I thought it may have been something I wrote because you described me to the T! I rock weaves but I also wear my hair natural alot. I live in the DMV and I've decided shortly after my 25th birdthay(which was pretty recent) that I would not tolerate any bullcrap. I might end up being lonely for a while but I'm ok with that. I've also decided I'd rather be with a hardworking guy who may not be educated as well as I would like, but treats me and and every other girl he has dated like queens. Alot of these educated and well off guys in the DMV( both black and white) are so stuck-up and I don't want to give them the satisfaction of wanting their attention. I'll just do me.

JusMarieJolie - chile, u ain't neva lied!!! matta fact, da broads here ain't no betta lololol. there is an associate of mines. she's a washingtonian and gets on my dayum nerves. her thinking and her mentality just blows me away. she meets guys left and right and the first thing comes out of her mouth is oh, he drives a so n so, he works at so and so. or if he don't measure up, there's a problem.

so one day, i got tired of listening to her so i just did what i do best. i lit u a newport one hunnit and let her have it. i was like how u gonna tawk bout what he drive n what he got when u live at home with ur motha in a one bedroom condo, u sleepin in da dining area on a twin bed and drive a OLD beat up azzzz bmw with personalized tags? she always puttin somebody down like she better than da next broad, and think she da shyt. i was like u can't even invite a guy ova to where u live cuz it ain't no room for da brotha to get in da door...don't get me started, but she asked for it. got on my nerves and i know i'm very outspoken so it didn't take long.

i could go on and on. seriously. these broads here in the area are bamas too. a good time/date to them is gettin some crabs from da warf, then going to haynes point or anacostia park to "dine."

das why i go home to Jersey as much as possible. everytime i cross dat Delaware Bridge and I see that sign "Welcome to New Jersey," I feel so dayum proud n happy to be home....

It's wrong that I find that so funny, but we need real people in our community. Good Job! One of my roomates in college was from northeast dc. She told me about how these little girls are starting to rag on people who shop at H&M and Forever 21. Alot of these kids steal their expensive gear. It's sad because people think money is just something that people can spend any kind of way.

Ya'll got me feeling like I just need to grind on my job and other goals and not even think about dating when I move up there :lol:(which was my plan anyway, but I had been giving some thought to possibly dating again at some point this year).

It's wrong that I find that so funny, but we need real people in our community. Good Job! One of my roomates in college was from northeast dc. She told me about how these little girls are starting to rag on people who shop at H&M and Forever 21. Alot of these kids steal their expensive gear. It's sad because people think money is just something that people can spend any kind of way.

What's wrong with H&M and Forever 21?? :look:

Ya'll got me feeling like I just need to grind on my job and other goals and not even think about dating when I move up there :lol:(which was my plan anyway, but I had been giving some thought to possibly dating again at some point this year).

Nahh, Just keep your eyes open like you would anywhere else, stay open-minded and try new places and things, just have fun. Taking things too seriously is a trap IMO... cultivate productive interests and you'll meet great people.

Man oh man, U street. Haven't been there in a minute, but know that it has changed a lot since the 90's. The 90's it was something, especially the 80's when Clifton Terrace was around.

Clifton Terrace is now high cotton post gentrification. You see white girls jogging in the evening and men walking their little dogs with pooper bags now. The element is still there somewhat but folks coexist.

@JusMarieJolie - chile, u ain't neva lied!!! matta fact, da broads here ain't no betta lololol. .

:lol: lol! There is a crab feast meet up I was considering going to :lick:

I dunno but I do know there are many men with beards and that HIV is the worst in the country of all communities...with BM in DC, beware you know who you're with. :yep:

Well the native american guy let me down...he's a cocky bastard as well smdh...but the haitian is doing alright lol. I think he may be getting his rocks off because I have dominican roots though, he called me on that in our conversation and just started laughing his butt off. idk yall idk....lol

and to piggy back what the other person said, it is really annoying how men ask you all these questions about what you do where you work and spill all the info about themselves but they arent looking for a gold digger. This other guy I met a while ago hit me up and basically wanted my resume and tells me he's just looking for a girl to spoil...now if i act brand new in this piece, who's to blame? you or me?

Well the native american guy let me down...he's a cocky bastard as well smdh...but the haitian is doing alright lol. I think he may be getting his rocks off because I have dominican roots though, he called me on that in our conversation and just started laughing his butt off. idk yall idk....lol

and to piggy back what the other person said, it is really annoying how men ask you all these questions about what you do where you work and spill all the info about themselves but they arent looking for a gold digger. This other guy I met a while ago hit me up and basically wanted my resume and tells me he's just looking for a girl to spoil...now if i act brand new in this piece, who's to blame? you or me?

"Looking for a girl to spoil..." Beware because that's part of the game.

Back