APL by Dec 2010!!!

not bad at all. I'm loving this. I'm finding out what works for my hair and what doesn't. How is your hair coming along?

That's great to hear! Keep up the positive energy!!

My hair is doing just fine. I really having been paying too much attention to it...just keeping it conditioned/moisturize, sealed, and bunned; I've been so busy that I don't have time to think too hard about hair. I'm hoping that the lack of manipulation pays off for my next relaxer.

Salsarisma, i can't wait to see your new look, as well!

are "the brothers" going to be at the audition?

you are such a great dancer and i can just see you swinging all that hair on the dance floor, too!

the best of luck with your audition and the time situation for your install, too!

Hi Grow!!! Yes ma'am, the "brothers" will be at the audition. It would be such a wonderful opportunity if I could train on their team. I'm nervous as ever, but I figure if I don't make it, I'm no worse off than before. Lol! Btw....I'm planning my trip to the Rome Congress next year. It would be awesome if we could meet!!!!!

I'm sitting at the salon right now. My stylist is going to braid my hair up tonight and sew/cut/style the hair in the morning...so I can still make the audition. I'll keep you ladies updated.

Hi Grow!!! Yes ma'am, the "brothers" will be at the audition. It would be such a wonderful opportunity if I could train on their team. I'm nervous as ever, but I figure if I don't make it, I'm no worse off than before. Lol! Btw....I'm planning my trip to the Rome Congress next year. It would be awesome if we could meet!!!!!

I'm sitting at the salon right now. My stylist is going to braid my hair up tonight and sew/cut/style the hair in the morning...so I can still make the audition. I'll keep you ladies updated.

Salsarisma, ooooh, "the brothers" are going to be there, too?!
i bet they had the ladies lining up to train on their team, LOL!
you've got a great attitude about the audition because there will always be many (though i don't particularly like auditions either) and each one is a learning experience that helps you to fine tune your marvelous talent!
plus, from the sounds of your hair dedication, you're going to be auditioning with FRESHLY DONE HAIR, TOO!!!
woo hoo!!!
THAT will give you an extra spark right there!

and yes, WE MUST meet up when you are here in Italy! (can you bring "the brothers" in your suitcase please, hehehehe!)

Might as well update this thread too. Great job on all the progress ladies!

74515-albums4936-picture95110.jpg

I'm gonna do my update now, I mean not much progress and those freakin ends are still thin so :rolleyes: at least it's better than where I was earlier this year. :yawn:

312tn46.jpg

2agunah.jpg

28rjmnq.jpg

I'm seriously thinking about chopping those ends off. It's real annoying now. I didn't flat iron to good this time bcuz I don't plan on keeping it straight for a while

Hello Ladies!

I think I'm on my way to APL! Definitely should be there by December (God willing).

I can def say though, that this is the most consistent retention I've had in ...well I can't remember :lol:

APL2010-Sept.jpg

My current regimen:

VERY SIMPLE - I co-wash once or twice a week- seal with EVCO, clarify once every 1-2 weeks with ACV, get trims (more like a dusting) about every 2-3 months, and I straighten my hair (natural) about 1x a month MAX. I either get my hair pressed at the salon, or a DR blowout.

I've given up on straightening my hair for the most part lol, I don't have the energy anymore, especially considering the fact I'm so picky.

Here is a piki strip of my prior progress - A little after the Big Chop last year, to our last update in June:

i'm thinking that i'm going to end this stretch at 6 months.
i'm itching to relax!
i want to put my hands in my hair!
i want to do a length check!
i want to trim my ends!

haha, can you tell i'm missing my hair?

i actually went and bought everything i need.
i'm going to spend the next few weeks combing through the self-relaxer thread that grow started so that i can be as prepared as possible.

cannot wait! :grin:

Oook....I did a small trim today and thinking about just finishing off the rest. If I dont make apl by decemeber, I'm aiming to be there and healthier by March 2011. esi.adokowa and yes we can tell you're missing your hair, lol

Ijanei, please check out this thread before you do any more trimming.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forum6/thread499276.html

i always think i need to trim away those lead hairs too, but because of this thread, i will give myself 5 months to see where they're at first because if not, i could be trimming off my progress.

in the meantime, i'm using those lead hairs as motivation to keep up with my bunning and ps'ing.
if i'm faithful to my hyh challenge, it shouldn't be so bothersome to see those extr ends hanging around.

if they were damaged ends, i can understand, but if they were fine, please just let them be for a while....the other hairs will catch up. we gotta have alot of patience in alot of ways to do this hhj!
it's surely not easy stuff.

grow, yes ur right and thanks for the thread.
I'm pretty sure those scraggyly ends have to go though, it just makes my hair look tore up smh
maybe i will wait and see where i am in december then

just checked the thread, seems like a great idea. thanks grow

does anyone here use a super relaxer?
i forgot to buy the most important element in the relaxer process (the relaxer haha).
the last time i relaxed my hair, i relaxed my hair with a regular relaxer in four separate sections, and processed them each for twenty minutes with smoothing.
and i still came out underprocessed.
next year i want to eliminate direct heat completely, but i like the straight(ish) look.
so i'm thinking a super relaxer might be the way to go.

opinions? suggestions?
i'm going to buy the relaxer either today or tomorrow.

i forgot to buy the most important element in the relaxer process (the relaxer haha).
the last time i relaxed my hair, i relaxed my hair with a regular relaxer in four separate sections, and processed them each for twenty minutes with smoothing.
next year i want to eliminate direct heat completely, but i like the straight(ish) look.

opinions? suggestions?

What has been true for me is that the healthier my hair is, the more difficult it is to process. It doesn't matter if I use a mild relaxer or a super relaxer, or if I wait 8 weeks or 20 weeks to relax. It will still be texlaxed. This has been especially true since I eliminated most direct heat and started DCing weekly. I just live with the texlaxed hair and use a flat iron from time to time to get it straight. My last relaxer was the straightest that my hair has gotten (not by choice!), and I used Mizani Butter Treat for Fine/Color Treated hair (and my hair is pretty thick). Maybe you might like a relaxer from the Mizani line. HTH!

Hey ladies, just passing through :)

Well done those who have made APL :congrats:

I'll be touching up soon. I will post pics as we're all supposed to update on 30th September! :look:

Update:

I took down my beehive cornrows from my too tight sew in. I hid them for about 2.5 weeks under hats, scarves, and a half wig. Turned out I did cut some of my own hair when I cut the thread to remove the tracks. :cry::wallbash::wallbash: I'm most upset that I lost some of my blond hair. :sad: Lesson learned, i guess...

It had been a while since I henna'd so I did a treatment after the braid take down to strengthen my hair. I technically don't use henna. I was clueless when I went to the Indian grocer and I picked up neem and brahmi powder. I mixed what was left of the brahmi with a few tbsp of neem, added evoo, hairveda's dc, honey, water, and 3 containers of yogurt. I left it on for about an hour then shampoo'd and dc'd with lustrasilk cholesterol.

I put tons of gel in my hair over the weekend. I have rebel curls that do not want to stay defined so it was a frizzy, crunchy look for me.
IMG_4043-vi.jpg

I cowashed today with Skala ceremide, rinsed and left my hair alone (no product at all) and this is the result :love::love:

IMG_4063-vi.jpg

IMG_4074-vi.jpg

IMG_4073-vi.jpg

I have heat damage basically along my entire perimeter (except the top, it's naturally kinky straight). I'm trying to hold onto it until I reach my goals.

I really love my hair today, I can't wait until it gets some length and more hang.

hi ladies! i'm so sorry for staying away for long. soooo busy! i'll try coming back to post picks but im always in braids or twists and trying to not look at my length too much, no stress.trynna be patient.

see you later ladies

Checkin in w/updated signature. I love the fact that I gained the inch(es) I trimmed and I'm hoping when I relax on 1/1/11 (5 months post) that I'll be APL or w/in an inch. Moisturizing daily and sealing and keeping my hair in cornrows 95% of the time. I just don't feel an urge to style my own hair...I love wigs.

^^^I can relate to that. I don't style mainly because I dont know how.:sad: I am falling in love with my half wigs, whole wigs, lace fronts, doughnut buns, phony ponys. sigh... Hope my hairline doesnt suffer because of this....
Update on Sept 30?:ohwell:...well I will cheer from the sidelines...I have nothing to show...
Good growing so far everybody! :yep:

Updated pic. I still need to clip those ends, but I need to find someone reliable to do it as I don't quite trust myself.

Roll on December, I hope I'll be able to claim APL properly.
:look:

opinions? suggestions?

Hmm I don't think anyone really needs a super relaxer unless their hair is super coarse and thick. Proceed here with caution as it could lead to a setback. I would recommend you stick with regular strength.

Hmm I don't think anyone really needs a super relaxer unless their hair is super coarse and thick. Proceed here with caution as it could lead to a setback. I would recommend you stick with regular strength.

that's me right there.
i've got that tougher than nigerian hair.

i used a super relaxer today when i relaxed.
i did my usual four sections for twenty minutes each, and there's still a bit of wave, but overall i'm satisfied.
i'll update with pictures tomorrow. :]]

my only problem now is how obvious my abused/broken temples are.
i broke the hair off almost completely there from years of micro-braids and tight cornrows on freshly relaxed hair.
what do you guys do to regrow damaged hair?

Here's my updated pic and not being APL already really irritates me. Oh well, I guess I should be thankful for what I do have.

Good news: finally I have things back on track, like I said, I trimmed up the ends a lil bit from that raggedy look and also dyed my hair black to give it a fuller look. Now I'm really gonna pamper it until December. So scratch that update from 2days ago and use this one:lol::grin:
99ge3r.jpg

This is the side that I'm having problems with
iejogp.jpg

new starting point 9-29-10
344fpdy.jpg

HHG ladies and 12-31-10 is right around the corner, let's do this:grin: We are all sooooo close

Cream Tee, your hair looks great girl! You are well beyond APL!!

Ladies, my curly install is great!!! I absolutely love it. I know, I know, my words are worthless without pictures. I am styling my hair tonight and will take plenty. I have so much going on in my personal life right now that I truly haven't had a chance. Please pray for me.

Back