APL by Dec 2010!!!

I can do it I can do it I can do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
being more consistent ! I think i'm gonna be crazy, this is not good !!!

Hey Grow! Guurrrlll, I'm so over the stretching!!! I can't wait to get this install on the 25th. I received my little postal card that my hair is ready to be picked up. I'm sooo nervous too, bc I've never paid so much $$$ for hair and I've never had a curly sew-in. I just hope it looks ok on me!

Girl Salsa, I so wanna see this install of yours. Waiting for the 25th to come:look:.

I forgot to say...

that I made APL :trophy:

I only flat ironed this back section as you can see. I don't plan on flat ironing my hair too much because my hair is just now starting to behave since I now know what my hair loves.

I posted this picture in the castor oil challenge thread - which hasn't even started yet - but kinda forgot about this challenge. Silly, I know. This is the longest my hair has ever been. I have been shoulder length my entire life because of improper hair care methods, so this is definitely a good thing. I will be three years natural on December 6th

Capture-vi.jpg

Congrats Forever in Bloom.

I totally agree. Stretching has been vital in the change in the health of my hair. It looks like a completely different head of hair since I started stretching April 2009. At least you guys are finding out what works and what doesn't for you. Good luck everyone!

I'm still a stretcher too. One thing that my failed transition taught me is that I can DEFINITELY stretch longer than the 10 weeks I was stretching before. I'm proud of myself for getting to 25 weeks post, and I will be stretching for at least 18 weeks from now on since I now know that it's not impossible!

I learned the same thing! I was natural for almost 2 years and now I'm determined to make it til the end of the year. Currently I'm 8 weeks post and by then it will be 20 weeks post! Relaxing isn't even a big deal like it used to be!

Salsa, I can't wait to see your install.

I attempted a curly install a couple weeks ago and it was not for me. I cut all the track hair off and left the beehive cornrows as my protective style. Hopefully, I didn't cut any of my own hair. I was kinda frantic to get it out bc it was too tight.

I feel like my hair is at a stand still right now. I'm laying off the vitamins bc my skin looks horrible. I think i'm going to start greasing with castor oil and megatek.

Girl Salsa, I so wanna see this install of yours. Waiting for the 25th to come:look:.

Whew....I'm so nervous just thinking about it! I will definitely post pictures the evening/night of the 25th! Hopefullyl celebration pictures.

I did get the hair from Halley's Curls, but I was not impressed at all with the quality. I am sending it back and ordered virgin Indian hair from Laniks. Hopefully it will be better. So it's not off to such a good start, but I'm hopeful.

Salsa, I can't wait to see your install.

I attempted a curly install a couple weeks ago and it was not for me. I cut all the track hair off and left the beehive cornrows as my protective style. Hopefully, I didn't cut any of my own hair. I was kinda frantic to get it out bc it was too tight.

I feel like my hair is at a stand still right now. I'm laying off the vitamins bc my skin looks horrible. I think i'm going to start greasing with castor oil and megatek.

Ooh...was it not for you because you didn't like the style or were the braids just too tight?

Ooh...was it not for you because you didn't like the style or were the braids just too tight?

It was a combination of things, the last straw being how tight it was. My left temple was throbbing and it had to go. I used Outre Bohemian Curl and planned to upgrade to Laniks later on. I messed with the curl too much and it became a wavy, huge mess. I have big hair so I'm okay with volume but this was out of control huge. I have pics of the
failed sew-in before blending here on my blog. The hair got much bigger than in the pics and it was very full on the sides compared to the back. I'd rather wear wigs than weaves, just a personal preference that took me too long to figure out.

Good luck with the Laniks. From the research I did, it looked like a good investment. Sorry to hear about the Hailey's though, that brand seems so popular.

^^Thanks Manter...but honestly I thought the curly hair looks great on you...but I can see what you mean about being too gull in the front. So it sounds like more of an install/weave hair issue. I'm concerned the hair will look "fake" on me. Hopefully the Lanik's hair will be better quality. I plan to send the Halley's back. I've heard horrible customer service stories, so hopefully I won't have an issues getting my $$ back.

Whew....I'm so nervous just thinking about it! I will definitely post pictures the evening/night of the 25th! Hopefullyl celebration pictures.

I did get the hair from Halley's Curls, but I was not impressed at all with the quality. I am sending it back and ordered virgin Indian hair from Laniks. Hopefully it will be better. So it's not off to such a good start, but I'm hopeful.

Awww man Salsa! I came back to this thread to see if you'd gotten your install. Dang! I guess I'll have to check again this weekend. lol

so i've just finished the my third week with my crochet braids and thanks to some ampro ice that was on sale at sally, they're still looking cute. :yep:
i think i may leave them in for another three weeks before taking them out.

has anyone left them in for six weeks before?

Chas, your ponytail is so yummy!:lick:
I am a stretcher! I was one of the "halo" frequent self-relaxers but I am totally reformed :grin: _13 weeks post and still trudging along all the way to APL lol.
Salsa, I hope your install turns out great!

Happy growing ladies!

Hey! Everybody's doing great! After my next relaxer @ around 10 weeks post I'll probably get a sew in so I can stretch longer and I'll take it down to do a reveal in December :yep:

Last edited:
so i've just finished the my third week with my crochet braids and thanks to some ampro ice that was on sale at sally, they're still looking cute. :yep:
i think i may leave them in for another three weeks before taking them out.

has anyone left them in for six weeks before?

I'm gonna go for 6 when I do my next install. I have only managed to keep them for 5 weeks and that was a looooong time ago.

I haven't been in here in so long that it's a shame...and I have not put up new pics in a long time too. Work is busy, and that has been my focus. Still...I have reached a bit longer than shoulder length on the sides and am less than an inch away from APL in the back. I will probably be able to claim it by November, but I would LOVE to be full APL even on my sides.

This is about the only place in the world where I can find consistent concern and love, and I must say that LHCF is and has been a blessing to me for a long time now - over 2 years.

Thanks so much, ladies. I love you guys so much.

My regimen is twists. I have length checked twice this year - last week and back in March. The twists are working for me.

Sorry I am not updating more, but I can't really keep up with the forum the way I want to. I will check in again mid-December and show my end-year progress. Thanks for your support, everyone. Please keep me in prayer. Outside of hair, there's a lot going on with business and family and i need all the support - virtual and otherwise - that I can get.

Blessings,
Christi

well, it looks like the board is back to normal again.....i see the buttons have returned.....hmmmm, i wonder if it's set for good this time.....

OP who mentioned APL for the sides as well, i so hear you!

i only wish my sides will be APL by december, but they are slow growing and very delicate.

i'm still damp bunning, though, and switching the bun's placement all around my head.

HHG ladies!

well, it looks like the board is back to normal again.....i see the buttons have returned.....hmmmm, i wonder if it's set for good this time.....

OP who mentioned APL for the sides as well, i so hear you!

i only wish my sides will be APL by december, but they are slow growing and very delicate.

i'm still damp bunning, though, and switching the bun's placement all around my head.

HHG ladies!

I with you! I'm still hoping my sides make it to APL by Dec...I have about 2" to go for that to happen and my retention really sucks in that area. THIS is the very reason why I'm having second thoughts about getting layers.

I with you! I'm still hoping my sides make it to APL by Dec...I have about 2" to go for that to happen and my retention really sucks in that area. THIS is the very reason why I'm having second thoughts about getting layers.

chasturner84, girlfriend, you too?!

and we've got about the same distance to go, too!

we've really got to cheer each other on through that finish line because those last 2 inches seem to be taking forevaaaa, lol!!!

i'm happy to know my sides have got a "sides please catch up to the rest of the hair", buddy!

we can do it, yes we can!!!

I relaxed my hair Tuesday night! I think I might be APL, but my rollerset came out SOOOO fluffy that I look SL! :afro: I haven't stretched my hair to see if I made it because I'm scared that I didn't! :lol: I may check on it this weekend.

chasturner84, girlfriend, you too?!

and we've got about the same distance to go, too!

we've really got to cheer each other on through that finish line because those last 2 inches seem to be taking forevaaaa, lol!!!

i'm happy to know my sides have got a "sides please catch up to the rest of the hair", buddy!

we can do it, yes we can!!!

Yeah, we're definitely buds!! I'm a little upset that it's been over 18 months and I'm STILL trying to get my sides to APL. Ugh!! Well, they were only chin length, but dang! Patience, Chas, patience.

We WILL do this, grow. We WILL get there together!

Awww man Salsa! I came back to this thread to see if you'd gotten your install. Dang! I guess I'll have to check again this weekend. lol
Yup...Saturday is "supposed" to be the big day. The only problem
is now I have a dance audition at 2:00 Saturday and it's 2 hrs away. My hair appt for the install is at 8am. Not sure if that's enough time? I'm going to call my stylist and try to work something out. Otherwise it's next week for the install.
Chas, your ponytail is so yummy!:lick:
I am a stretcher! I was one of the "halo" frequent self-relaxers but I am totally reformed :grin: _13 weeks post and still trudging along all the way to APL lol.
Salsa, I hope your install turns out great!

Happy growing ladies!

Thanks Afrochique! Great job stretching btw:-)

Yup...Saturday is "supposed" to be the big day. The only problem
is now I have a dance audition at 2:00 Saturday and it's 2 hrs away. My hair appt for the install is at 8am. Not sure if that's enough time? I'm going to call my stylist and try to work something out. Otherwise it's next week for the install.

Thanks Afrochique! Great job stretching btw:-)

Salsarisma, i can't wait to see your new look, as well!

are "the brothers" going to be at the audition?

you are such a great dancer and i can just see you swinging all that hair on the dance floor, too!

the best of luck with your audition and the time situation for your install, too!

Back