APL by Dec 2010!!!

checking in, i am still rocking the cornrows under my quick weave from my botched crochet braid attempt.. Its been 2 weeks since i put them in.. I'm trying to go a month, but im going crazy i just have an urge to take them out..

Gonna try my best to keep them in until the weekend of the 24th....

Hi everyone,
Still hanging in there and trying to make the last 3 in.
Currently wearing cornrows under my wig. I intend to do this for the next two months (cornrows redone every month-6wks: My friend charges me $10 to do them without extensions) then possibly get a weave til end Dec.
Moisturizing my cornrows daily, washing midweek and DC every weekend, taking my Biotin and Chlorella daily, drinking lots of water.
Happy Hair Growing and patiently waiting for Grow's relaxer update. :yep:

hi Afrochique!

that's a great update! you are really being good to your hair and it's gonna thank you for it!
i'm sure you will be amazed at all your ng when you length check in dec.!
i can't wait to share your joy!!!

as for my update thanks, it's a few pages back, but yes, now i can say the relaxer came out well.
Thank you so much for remembering and for your interest!

Wow! The progress everyone is making is amazing! I'm still hanging on to the bitter sweet end and hoping for APL by 12/31. I plan to get a relaxer this weekend and do a lenght check then. That will give me a much better idea of whether or not I'll make it by the end of the year.

I'm washing and dcing with steam and rollersetting once a week and co-washing and bunning once a week. My edges and nape are still filling in nicely. I'm thinking about getting a curly sew-in for a few months but navigating through weaves is perplexing. I plan to have an install done two weeks after I relax...we'll see how that goes.

Wow! The progress everyone is making is amazing! I'm still hanging on to the bitter sweet end and hoping for APL by 12/31. I plan to get a relaxer this weekend and do a lenght check then. That will give me a much better idea of whether or not I'll make it by the end of the year.

I'm washing and dcing with steam and rollersetting once a week and co-washing and bunning once a week. My edges and nape are still filling in nicely. I'm thinking about getting a curly sew-in for a few months but navigating through weaves is perplexing. I plan to have an install done two weeks after I relax...we'll see how that goes.

Hang in there Salsa! We're all rooting for you!

Hi girlies!! I haven't checked-in in a while. I'm still in cornrows that I put in at the end of July. I've redone about 3 since then. My new growth is ridiculous and I can't wait for the end of this month to take them out and check my progress.

I will be taking my braids out on September 18th and I will definitely be taking a picture of the length of my hair because I haven't taken one since May 2nd, 2010.

I am due for a length check for sure but of course I won't be posting them until the end of my personal HYH challenge. My HYH challenge doesn't really end until May 2nd, 2011 and then it will repeat for another year.

I am going to give my hair some much needed deep protein and moisturizing treatments for a couple of weeks and have it re-braided for another 8-12 weeks, just in time or my birthday.

Cant wait for more updates....Everyone is doing so well. I'm still getting excited over everyone's progress. some have made it already and most of us are real close

hi Afrochique!

that's a great update! you are really being good to your hair and it's gonna thank you for it!
i'm sure you will be amazed at all your ng when you length check in dec.!
i can't wait to share your joy!!!

as for my update thanks, it's a few pages back, but yes, now i can say the relaxer came out well.
Thank you so much for remembering and for your interest!

Thank you Grow! I hope your fabulous hair is back to speed! Can't wait for December. I hope I make it because my hair doesn't seem to be moving much LOL.

Congrats to LongCurlz, and Ijanei, you are there, just blink and voila!

:lachen: DH got "mad" at me and said "I hope you never make APL."

You know you're serious about hair, when the man starts talking about it too.

Ok just wanted to say that I'm going to take "chasturner's" advice on getting a really good trim! I haven't had a real trim since I beginned my hair journey and from examining my ends it's time to take the plunge and trim atleast an inch. I'm scared, but I really hate raggedy ends so I'm going to get it over with. This jbco I'm using has my hair looking like a forest and I'm only 5 weeks post so I plan to do an avocado treatment and blow dry & flat iron only for the purpose of this trim.

I've been really bad about checking in lately, but I think I'm at APL finally. I'm looking to "fill it out" more and gain more length, but after 2 years I'm ready for a mini celebration. Thanks to all of you for your support and advice. Posting a new set of photos now.

I've been really bad about checking in lately, but I think I'm at APL finally. I'm looking to "fill it out" more and gain more length, but after 2 years I'm ready for a mini celebration. Thanks to all of you for your support and advice. Posting a new set of photos now.

it's ok, none of us are perfect about checking in, so you're in good company!

can't wait to see those pictures!

Okay ladies, I just had a setback and is considering relaxing my hair because of it, texlaxing it rather. I lost a lot of hair detangling my hair yesterday after my henna treatment. I gave it a fair chance and I know for sure natural is not for me. I cannot afford to keep looking at these little broken pieces of hair all over the place from my detangling sessions.

I handled my relaxed hair really well and so I am going back to that lovely cream that makes my life so much easier. I cannot afford the time lost in detanfling and I definitely can't afford the hair I'm losing either. So I will choose the lesser of 2 evils for me and that is to relax.

I have a strange feeling that my hair is so broken and damaged from sheer detangling that I may have to get a major cut to even it all up and start all over again. It also felt like my hair was not growing as fast as when I was relaxed. That is another motivation for me to relax.

I sure hope there will be an APL challenge for 2011 because the one that MsLizzia has is closed to new recruits:look:.

Okay ladies, I just had a setback and is considering relaxing my hair because of it, texlaxing it rather. I lost a lot of hair detangling my hair yesterday after my henna treatment. I gave it a fair chance and I know for sure natural is not for me. I cannot afford to keep looking at these little broken pieces of hair all over the place from my detangling sessions.

I handled my relaxed hair really well and so I am going back to that lovely cream that makes my life so much easier. I cannot afford the time lost in detanfling and I definitely can't afford the hair I'm losing either. So I will choose the lesser of 2 evils for me and that is to relax.

I have a strange feeling that my hair is so broken and damaged from sheer detangling that I may have to get a major cut to even it all up and start all over again. It also felt like my hair was not growing as fast as when I was relaxed. That is another motivation for me to relax.

I sure hope there will be an APL challenge for 2011 because the one that MsLizzia has is closed to new recruits:look:.

i am so very sad to hear of these difficulties my dear friend Aggie!:needhug:

i really admire the strength and determination it took for you to try this new way and the courage and humility you demonstrate in being willing to change and return to the perms.

i know this must not have been an easy decision to make.

you know your hair better than anyone in the world, so if you feel that your hair grows faster and is less tangled when permed/texlaxed, then so be it.

you have so many beautiful results of your styling capacities when your hair is texlaxed, that yes, your fotki is proof that you know what works for you and how to get it!

i'm sad this natural did not work out, but have the utmost faith that you will be happy with your hair and its condition very soon!:yep:

Aggie, sorry to hear about your difficulties. The great thing is that you now know for sure that natural is not for you. Had you not had the courage to big chop, you would still be wondering. And who knows? Maybe later in your life, natural may be for you.

Keep us posted and please do post pictures of your texlaxed hair! Good luck!

Mini update: I relaxed yesterday. I am not going to stretch anymore. It's not for me. My hair is ultra thick and starts breaking after the ten week mark. I have no idea if I made progress or not right now bc I had my hair styled curly.

I plan to totally cramp Barbie's style and get a Halley's curl install in two weeks...so sometime between now and then I will straighten and post an update picture.

Back