APL by Dec 2010!!!

I'm glad to see everyone getting back on track!
Well, I took a pic a few days ago and I THINK I'm grazing APL but I don't know. What do you think? Check my siggy please

It would probably be better to take the pic with your arms down then it will give you a better idea of where you are. :yep:

It would probably be better to take the pic with your arms down then it will give you a better idea of where you are. :yep:

I know, right, but I have too much ng so I was trying to lay it down with my hands.:grin:
I'm not using heat or getting a touchup until January so I probably have to wait until then to truly claim it.:ohwell:
I was going to try to get my DH to help me but he'll end up pulling my hair out instead of pulling on it gently to get the length.

Thanks!

I'm glad everyone seems to be doing fairly well with their progress. :) When I touch up I plan to do a piggy back rollerset. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17a7OrcTz2k I meant to do this at my last touch up but forgot.

I'm going to need the patience of a saint :eek: but I really want to recreate that glamorous wave that you get with this set.

Last edited:
I know, right, but I have too much ng so I was trying to lay it down with my hands.:grin:
I'm not using heat or getting a touchup until January so I probably have to wait until then to truly claim it.:ohwell:
I was going to try to get my DH to help me but he'll end up pulling my hair out instead of pulling on it gently to get the length.

Thanks!

Wow that is a loonnngg stretch! I did a six month stretch and it nearly killed me! Hell I'm 12 weeks now and the NG is ridiculous!

Good luck with the stretch, I'm sure you will definitely reach your goal when you finally touch up! :grin:

Wow that is a loonnngg stretch! I did a six month stretch and it nearly killed me! Hell I'm 12 weeks now and the NG is ridiculous!

Good luck with the stretch, I'm sure you will definitely reach your goal when you finally touch up! :grin:

But you know what before I found this site I did stretches like that without even thinking about it because I was just being lazy, but I never used anything in my hair before - NOTHING! So using moisturizers is helping a whole lot! Yes, I am counting down to January, which is also my birthday month!:grin:

hi ladies! ive taken long i was on holiday. well bak to normal life again....Im still in braids since 13 august.i think i'll take them down next weekend so that will make it one month. then leave it to rest for a week and get back to doing somethinge else. im protective styling for good! and wow moisture has been sooooooo good for me. ive found the right product for me but im gonna try and make a home made one thats looks alike.anyway i don't know my length ,maybenothing has changed but....stay patiente till december.

I feel like I'm never gonna make APL!! I got my hair straightened and trimmed today. He cut like an inch...two months worth of growth! *sigh*

I have about 4 months till APL I think.

dvrnk0.jpg

I feel like I'm never gonna make APL!! I got my hair straightened and trimmed today. He cut like an inch...two months worth of growth! *sigh*

dvrnk0.jpg

Your hair is beautiful and thick and your ends look great - you will most certainly get there, just keep doing what you're doing!

I'm dropping out of this challenge because I just BCed after a 4 month transition. I'm definetely going APL by December 2011 though.

Congrats CaribeanDiva...just checked your fotki, you look great! Good luck on your natural hair journey

Here are the pics from my flat iron job yesterday. After this week, my hair is going into some serious hiding until 9-30-10 for the update. Hopefully it helps. There doesn't appear to be any new growth, well from the scalp it's plenty about 2-3 inches new growth but retention wise, hmm....not so much. The avatar pic was taken sometime in july, like the 17th. As you can see from the pics I took yesterday, not much has changed and in fact, it has stayed the same :ohwell: better luck this month, still aiming to make it by the end of the year. Thing is, when I feel my hair, it "feels" like it's longer than before but looking at the pics...:nono: not so much :wallbash: (oh don't mind my plate on the bed, I was hungry :lachen:)
2vnkwew.jpg

You ladies have been a tremendous help and very inspirational, so I'm gonna' hang in there and see where it gets me

I'm glad to see everyone getting back on track!
Well, I took a pic a few days ago and I THINK I'm grazing APL but I don't know. What do you think? Check my siggy please

i think you are definitely grazing APL! congratulations on all the good work!

i know how difficult it is to grow and retain the growth and how easy it is for the stylists to eliminate it all in minutes! smh.
but like CreamTee said, your hair is fabulous looking and it will grow out looking really healthy!
and hey, it might take you alot less than 4 months because you are so close in there right now!

I'm dropping out of this challenge because I just BCed after a 4 month transition. I'm definetely going APL by December 2011 though.

congratulations on your courage to bc and start off fresh!
it has been so nice sharing this journey with you i hope you will stick around!

Here are the pics from my flat iron job yesterday. After this week, my hair is going into some serious hiding until 9-30-10 for the update. Hopefully it helps. There doesn't appear to be any new growth, well from the scalp it's plenty about 2-3 inches new growth but retention wise, hmm....not so much. The avatar pic was taken sometime in july, like the 17th. As you can see from the pics I took yesterday, not much has changed and in fact, it has stayed the same :ohwell: better luck this month, still aiming to make it by the end of the year. Thing is, when I feel my hair, it "feels" like it's longer than before but looking at the pics...:nono: not so much :wallbash: (oh don't mind my plate on the bed, I was hungry :lachen:)
2vnkwew.jpg

You ladies have been a tremendous help and very inspirational, so I'm gonna' hang in there and see where it gets me

thank you for posting a pic of that flat iron job!
it looks really nice, flat and healthy too!
we all go through the "hair blues" when it seems like our hair is absolutely not growing.
(i'm kinda in that phase now!)
i was reading on a site where this lady has KNEE LENGTH hair and said that all hair grows out a bit before it goes down. (i'll see if i can find her website...it's fascinating!)
so just know that you might be in the phase of the hair growing in width, but that surely translates into length in due time! be proud of yourself! you're taking better care of your hair than ever before and it is thanking you for it!

this hhj journey stuff takes soooo much patience! (i'm learning to have more in small doses!)

Last edited:
2vnkwew.jpg

Your hair looks great. Ithink it does look fuller and longer...it's hard to tell without the two pictures side by side!

Hang in there!!! We'll all be APL sooner than we think!

Hey ladies. Just checking in to say hi. I havent forgotten about you. I've been reading all the posts and cheering everyone on...I have somepersonal stuff going on right now and taking a small break.

I'm loving my new steamer and I've been dcing weekly with steam now. I'm back tobunning 5 days a week. And I'm considering getting a curly sew in for the next two months. I'm 12 weeks post right now...not sure how long I'll stretch this time.

Anyhow, take care ladies and great progress!!

I'm glad everyone seems to be doing fairly well with their progress. :) When I touch up I plan to do a piggy back rollerset. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17a7OrcTz2k I meant to do this at my last touch up but forgot.

I'm going to need the patience of a saint :eek: but I really want to recreate that glamorous wave that you get with this set.

Cream Tee, honey i cannot wait to see the pitchas of that glamourous style you're gonna do!
(please post some so we can oooh and aaah!)

and good luck with your touch up!

here's that site i was talking about with the lady with knee length hair.

http://www.beyondclassiclength.com/choose.html

(strangely enough, it wasn't here where she documented hair growing out before it grows down....i must have got that from another source, but it's not coming to my mind right now. anyhoo, happy viewing! and don't miss her budoire! she has a lovely section on her bathroom and how she organizes all her "items"!)

UPDATE:

46604_1608685896403_1213870788_1755363_3744052_n.jpg

Grazing but not quite there yet.....

Hopefully I'll be ready to graduate from this challenge by my 30th birthday in Nov.

ETA: After I saw the pic I decided to even it up a bit. I took off about 1/4 an inch to make it blunt.

Last edited:
Great job everyone!!! I'm really hoping I can reach apl stretched by Dec
but I'm not sure. My ends keep getting ssk's even after I s&d so I'm trying to
keep them conditioned and moisturized

UPDATE:

46604_1608685896403_1213870788_1755363_3744052_n.jpg

Grazing but not quite there yet.....

Hopefully I'll be ready to graduate from this challenge by my 30th birthday in Nov.

ETA: After I saw the pic I decided to even it up a bit. I took off about 1/4 an inch to make it blunt.

It's looking good, ur right there

I tried searching for this thread, over and over again...but between the 30 second waits in between in searching every thread with APL in it...I gave up.

I believe I'm 1inch from APL so hopefully by Dec 19, 2010 (MY GRADUATION) i'll be full APL.

ETA: forgot photos
1st: I was straightening my hair before my trim...I didn't finish before my mommy said we're leaving now

8ww3eu.jpg

2nd & 3rd is before the trim: i can't determine how far I am

2lbexya.jpg

2dvn3a8.jpg

4th is after trim: the stylist bathroom was lighter than wat appeared on camera...even PicNik couldn't help.
34z0cq0.jpg

Last edited:
I tried searching for this thread, over and over again...but between the 30 second waits in between in searching every thread with APL in it...I gave up.

I believe I'm 1inch from APL so hopefully by Dec 19, 2010 (MY GRADUATION) i'll be full APL.

ETA: forgot photos
1st: I was straightening my hair before my trim...I didn't finish before my mommy said we're leaving now

8ww3eu.jpg

2nd & 3rd is before the trim: i can't determine how far I am

2lbexya.jpg

2dvn3a8.jpg

4th is after trim: the stylist bathroom was lighter than wat appeared on camera...even PicNik couldn't help.
34z0cq0.jpg

your hair is so thick and pretty. I'm sure u will be there by the time of ur graduation

Hey ladies! I'm not sure if I checked in here, but I am no longer transitioning. I will be relaxing in 4 weeks, and I hope to be full APL at that point. I can't wait to relax! I'm waiting 4 weeks so that I can relax a few days before my birthday. I'll be 7 months post, so I hope that I don't lose any progress! :blush:

Hi everyone,
Still hanging in there and trying to make the last 3 in.
Currently wearing cornrows under my wig. I intend to do this for the next two months (cornrows redone every month-6wks: My friend charges me $10 to do them without extensions) then possibly get a weave til end Dec.
Moisturizing my cornrows daily, washing midweek and DC every weekend, taking my Biotin and Chlorella daily, drinking lots of water.
Happy Hair Growing and patiently waiting for Grow's relaxer update. :yep:

Hey ladies! I'm not sure if I checked in here, but I am no longer transitioning. I will be relaxing in 4 weeks, and I hope to be full APL at that point. I can't wait to relax! I'm waiting 4 weeks so that I can relax a few days before my birthday. I'll be 7 months post, so I hope that I don't lose any progress! :blush:

Why did you drop the transition?

Why did you drop the transition?

Multiple reasons. The biggest reason is that I really enjoy seeing my length, and that wouldn't be possible for me as a 4b natural without using a lot of heat. I also know that my hair would start BCing itself throughout the transition, and I'm just not ready to let go of my length. For now I will remain relaxed until I'm truly ready for the transition.

Many of my family members (including DH) are not happy with my decision, but I'm sure they will forgive me in time. If I've learned nothing else from LHCF, I've learned that I have to do what's right for me. That is what helped me stay strong when my family got upset about me going back to relaxing.

Multiple reasons. The biggest reason is that I really enjoy seeing my length, and that wouldn't be possible for me as a 4b natural without using a lot of heat. I also know that my hair would start BCing itself throughout the transition, and I'm just not ready to let go of my length. For now I will remain relaxed until I'm truly ready for the transition.

Many of my family members (including DH) are not happy with my decision, but I'm sure they will forgive me in time. If I've learned nothing else from LHCF, I've learned that I have to do what's right for me. That is what helped me stay strong when my family got upset about me going back to relaxing.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Best of luck on your hair journey!

Back