APL by Dec 2010!!!

^^What she said! Even with a trim, you look like uou ate already there...and your hair looks nice and thick. You should post a side by side comparison bc you'vegained a lot of length! Great job!

Not updated for a while (apologies for the smudges!)

I'm getting there slowly but surely. More slowly if anything. :ohwell: I need a trim too which I'll have to do next relaxer.

Cream Tee, your hair is looking super duper pretty!!!

it's very long, shiny and healthy looking!!!

to me, i think your hair is already APL, so

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU MADE IT!:yep:

Looking good Cream!!! By the picture, it looks like you're already grazing it, IMO...if you're not, then you have less than an inch to go :yep:. It's a little difficult to tell due to the angle. Keep up the great work!!!!

Thanks Chas, I agree :yep:

^^What she said! Even with a trim, you look like uou ate already there...and your hair looks nice and thick. You should post a side by side comparison bc you'vegained a lot of length! Great job!

Cream Tee, your hair is looking super duper pretty!!!

it's very long, shiny and healthy looking!!!

to me, i think your hair is already APL, so

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU MADE IT!:yep:

Thanks very much ladies. Although I'm not comfortable about claiming it yet; my touch up is in October so I'll be happy to claim then. I never could understand the 'hair anorexia,' thing that some ladies speak of but I'm starting to now. I can see my hair has grown a bit but it still feels so short! We are our own worst critics! :perplexed

PS: Oh re the shine, it is down to Orofluido Oil. It is very similar to Morrocan Oil but it is apparently even better because it has higher levels of argan plus other oils. Some pics of my loose flexi rod sets are below.

I got my hair done today...not really impressed with the salon or customer service. but i am getting closer to APL! :)
DSC00277.jpg

Wow! It looks like a few ladies have already made APL! Congrats! I only have 1/2 an inch to go, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for NO setbacks! I want APL hair when my hair is dry and straightened without pulling it. THEN I'll claim it. I would post pics of my straightened hair today, but I'm on the HYH challenge. :ohwell:

Thanks Chas, I agree :yep:

Thanks very much ladies. Although I'm not comfortable about claiming it yet; my touch up is in October so I'll be happy to claim then. I never could understand the 'hair anorexia,' thing that some ladies speak of but I'm starting to now. I can see my hair has grown a bit but it still feels so short! We are our own worst critics! :perplexed

PS: Oh re the shine, it is down to Orofluido Oil. It is very similar to Morrocan Oil but it is apparently even better because it has higher levels of argan plus other oils. Some pics of my loose flexi rod sets are below.

I got my hair done today...not really impressed with the salon or customer service. but i am getting closer to APL! :)

Congrats to you both for your success so far. Such glorious manes, both of you...:yep:

Congrats to you Chas...You need to come on over to the BSL 2010 Challenge and the MBL 2010 Challenge...You are clearly already BSB!!!

Congrats to you Chas...You need to come on over to the BSL 2010 Challenge and the MBL 2010 Challenge...You are clearly already BSB!!!

You think? I thought that I had about another inch to go so BSB could be my new Dec 2010 goal and BSL (since it is lower) would be next year's goal.

Chas those crochets did not work out for me at ALL!! the hair would not knot, i didnt like they way they were coming out. Oh maybe bcuz i couldnt find the bady wave freetress hair.. I tried tang girl.. It was just messy! I ended up just leaving in the braids (14) and will keep those in for 4 weeks under my quick weave. Its still protective and i can co wash so im hoping for some good retention..

Chas those crochets did not work out for me at ALL!! the hair would not knot, i didnt like they way they were coming out. Oh maybe bcuz i couldnt find the bady wave freetress hair.. I tried tang girl.. It was just messy! I ended up just leaving in the braids (14) and will keep those in for 4 weeks under my quick weave. Its still protective and i can co wash so im hoping for some good retention..

I'm sorry they didn't work for you :sad:. I used the freetress water wave hair and I didn't knot the hair at all and had no problems with it coming out. At least you were able to use the cornrows for something productive :yep: . Pics?

I have been gone from this thread for a minute. I need to get back for motivation.
Here is where I am...well kinda...I did a big dusting (not big enough to be called a trim)
DSC00098.jpg
DSC00104.jpg

Not the best pics but you get the idea.

I think my hair has not grown as much as it did in my first yar of being natural.
I feel like it is taking me forever to get to APL. I hope I can be there by December.
I have done alot of dusting this year, due to SSK.
I think I am gonna be wearing braids (conrnrows) for the better part of the reminder of this year.

Last edited:
when you ladies say "no heat" do you also mean no rollersets? if thats the case how are you drying your hair?

When I say "no heat" I'm usually saying "no direct heat"...no blow dryers, no flat irons, no curling irons, etc. I still use a bonnet (hard top) dryer for my rollersets when I get a relaxer and for weekly DC'ing. All other times, I just air dry my hair.

I have been gone from this thread for a minute. I need to get back for motivation.
Here is where I am...well kinda...I did a big dusting (not big enough to be called a trim)
DSC00098.jpg
DSC00104.jpg

I think my hair has not grown as much as it did in my first yar of being natural.
I feel like it is taking me forever to get to APL. I hope I can be there by December.
I think I am gonna be wearing braids (conrnrows) for the better part of the reminder of this year.

You are very close (I think you can make it by December) and your hair looks thick and healthy

DSC00098.jpg
DSC00104.jpg

Looking lovely and thick Mandy - good work! :)

when you airdry how do you prevent your hair from getting tangled while drying?

I know this is against LHCF rules, but while my hair is damp and after I've moisturized and sealed, I comb through it every 20 mins or so until it is 90% dry. No tangles and my hair dries completely straight as if I used a blow dryer.

when you airdry how do you prevent your hair from getting tangled while drying?

well i air dry my hair in braids and detangle prior to putting my hair in braids. I never have an issue with tangling. I even wash my hair in braids. The braids help with any tangling/knots issues.

Back