APL by Dec 2010!!!

Checking in, ladies... I got my relaxer last week and I am between 3 and 4 inches away from APL!!! I still have a long way to grow but I'm getting closer...!

CONGRATULATIONS LOVE.AKIHSOY!!!!!!!!!:band::rofl::clapping::yay::bouncegre:trampolin:woot::dance7::bouncegre:bouncy::band2::grouphug::circle::congrats::congrats:

i KNOW how good it feels right after a relaxer and you can actually "see" and feel the difference and it makes it all worth it!!!!

those few remaining inches will go by faster than you think!!!

i'm SUPER happy for you!!!:grin:

thanks for sharing your joy and reminding us that this stuff really works!!!

:dance7: Ladies...All of you are doing so well! I un-officially joined the challenge and I've been bunning and roller setting now for the past 3 weeks...I will wash my hair Friday night and do a new roller set. I'm excited to do a length check (I just ordered my t-shirt) but I'm going to wait until March, at least...I'm trying to see maximum growth! HHG!!!:grin::grin:

just checking in with a length check taken Feb 8, 2010 after a trim and 3 weeks post relaxer.

Based on my t shirt, I will be APL once I get past the '5'.

Attachments

• castor oil feb 2010.jpg
    castor oil feb 2010.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 44
Still trying to make it APL by next month, not sure where I stand.
I have been trying to exercise more to get my blood flowing. I kinda cant wait until next month to relax.....

Just got done cowash using HEHH.

I haven't straightened my hair to be able to tell where I am (No Where NEAR APL) but just reading and listening to you ladies makes me want to keep it going. I can't wait until April to straighten and post pics. Yes!

What are you doing for growth:
1. I wash with silk elements Olive shampoo every other week and i co wash in between.
2. i deep condition every week
3. Only use direct heat when flat ironing once a week (Is this too Much, someone help me out):drunk:
4. i use wild growth hair oil on scalp
5. Elasta QP Recovery anti breakage oil moisterizer
6. 5,000 mcg Biotin and Futurebiotics Hair skin and nails multi vitamins
AND STRETCH RELAXERS
What are you not going to do
NO CUTTING
What length are you now?
Shoulder length

Checking in and glad to see people are making progress! I am bunning this week until Friday. I haven't straightened my hair since right after Christmas and said I wasn't going to do it again until May. I'm tempted to cheat for my bday though 1- because I want to wear a straight style and 2- I want to see if I have made any progress at all. I'm trying to hold out though!

Checking in: Out of sheer laziness, I have been doing a lot of co-washing this week. My hair has been very soft and the breakage I mentioned before has decreased dramatically, so it looks like I'm getting back on track. I've been using Giovanni Direct Leave In as a moisturizer and Jane Carter Nourish and Shine to seal. I'm almost out of the N&S so when that's gone I'll start using up my Seyani Hair Butter.

I revisited Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner and was reminded all over again why this is probably the best conditioner I have ever used, hands down. I need to buy more. Aussie Moist is still working fabulously, it's second to Oyin.

I have simplified my regimen, again out of sheer laziness, but my hair is not suffering. I'm nearing 2 months post...another long term stretch is underway. I dusted my ends like I said I would and I am glad I did. I see myself making my goal of APL before December, but we will see.

Checking in . Took my kinky twists out and dcing right now. Contemplating straightening for a length check before my sew in.

I just did a length check, the hair at the front of my head is about two inches from apl... cant tell with the back :-/

Checking in too. Still washing and dcing once a week. I bought Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Condish and I'm using it tonight with heat for 20 minutes. I plan to rollerset for the week. I plan to do a lenght check in May...depends on how my stretch goes. I'm 9 weeks post with lots of new growth ..feels good massaging EVOO and EVCO in it. Hoping to stretch for 20 weeks and relax in May with a length check.

Good luck everyone!

Still wearing Senegalese Twists and baggying every night. I've only been cowashing once a week lately but I'm going to step it up now. keep up the good work Ladies!

checking in.. I am 17 weeks post now..and I still dont know if I a transitioning or what :(

I have notice severe breakage in my crown... I just dont know what to do with my hair right now... Im having hair depression I think lol

so now im just flat ironing once a week.. leave it pinned up the whole week... wash rince and repeat

In order to consolidate some of my products I made a liquid leave-in cocktail lol. It's a mix of Infusium 23, Aussie Hair Insurance, Nexxus Humectress Luxe, and Aveeno Nourish and Condition spread among 6 spray bottles LOL. And every one of them except the Nexxus was spiked with sulfur powder so I have an easy way to sneak in growth aid use with no effort, which means I have no reason to give up on my growth aid now.

I hope I'm not starting too late. All my life my hair has perpetually hovered around 1"-3" (plus or minus) around my shoulders, and I would like to see it get longer, so I hope joining this challenge will get me to APL at last!

What are you doing for growth? I wear headscarves to cover my hair, am part of the 2010 DC challenge so I DC weekly with Vatika coconut hair oil and Castor oil. I think I may start taking biotin and/or other hair vitamins, too.

What are you not going to do I saw a scalp massage/no scratching challenge that made me think about incorporating that into my regime--not scratching my scalp, that is. Maybe I'll also massage my hair.

What length are you now? My hair is uneven, but on average it's shoulder length.

picture.php

Last edited:
I’m joining the apl challenge.
What are you doing for growth?
For me, it’s all about low manipulation and Bunning/Updoes. That is what has grown my hair to bsl in the past. Keeping my hair off my shoulders and ends confined does wonders for me. Weekly washing is out for me. 21 days is a frequent as I can go. The back of my hair is particularly fragile. It breaks, breaks breaks with too much handling. (so don’t hate on me)
Will attempt to daily moisturize but will definitely do so 5 days a week
I like whole head bagging around the last 4 weeks of my stretch.
Stretch relaxer 12 – 16 wks.
Taking various vitamins – multi, omegas, MSM, Bs, silica, garlic, CHLORELLA
Also use BT as a growth aid.

What length are you now? Full shoulder, about 3 inches from apl

What are you not going to do
Only trim once every 6 months - no matter what my beautician says
Direct heat only on relaxer days

I think I am transitioning....

I had a night mare the other night... I was putting a relaxer on my head :blush: did about 2 inches in the front then asked myself wth are you doing?! rinsed it out and woke up

so yeah.. I am transitioning and still wishing on some APL hair for the summer

So i think my hair is recovering nicely from the previous breakage caused by excess moisture under a conditioning cap (i did more than 16hrs to my hair's everlasting despair). Right now i have twists on and i have been routinely oiling with coconut and amla hair oils. I note a more defined curl structure, less breakage and my new growth is softer. Will see how it goes.

I'm still in. I've been wearing my own hair since November with the occasional wig or ponytail. Most of the time it's in a twist out though. I've been washing and dcing once a week.

...Checking in, and still rollersetting. Hair seems to be flourishing- itching to do a length check, but i'm not!!!! HHG!

Hey checking in again. Just wanted to let everyone know that i think i have finally gotten the hang of this hair regimine thing..lol... and my hair is loving me for it. Also its loving me for my new deep conditioner and leave in spray. i think apl is very attainable now. Im so sosososososososo happy.

Back