APL by Dec 2010!!!

I'm waayyy too late, I know...:ohwell: I am with you ladies in spirit and I am subscribing to the thread because I am trying to reach the goal of full APL by July 2010...Keep up the good work, ladies and HHG:yep::yep::yep:

Below is my starting pic, actually taken in December 09...

Attachments

• Just Steph.jpg
    Just Steph.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I'm excited...I had to go buy wider headbands cuz the ones I just bought last month already can't handle the fro anymore!!

YAYYY!!! As of today, I am exactly 52 weeks,i.e. one year post :D I am in braids now, but to commemorate I took down a braid somewhere in the middle of my head, and measured exactly 7.5 inches of new growth :) . The rest of my hair is texlaxed, I'm not sure I'll be texlaxing again, but I won't be doing any cutting either.

This is my goal and I have been following in secret.. But, right now I've been very sick.. Question. to avoid setbacks.. what do you do to hour hair when you are sick?

I really was supposed to make APL it by December 2009, but very unsuccessful thus far :cry: . Maybe I can get there this year, my regimen is more solid and I'm now using Mega Tek. Fingers crossed, I will do everything in my power to grow my hair at least APL.

This is my goal and I have been following in secret.. But, right now I've been very sick.. Question. to avoid setbacks.. what do you do to hour hair when you are sick?

Awwwww, I hope you feel better soon! I'm a big baby when I'm sick so i tend to exxagerate just a little bit lol but if I'm not feeling like im on the verge of death I just moisturize real good, put in some Miss Celie braids and throw on my satin bonnet. Now that my hair is shorter I'd probably put them in a punch of little lazy buns instead of the braids.

Alright so I've got good news and bad news...

Good News: I flat twisted the front of my hair last night and the back is in a twist out, it's beautiful, I'm excited, and it is my new grow out style. I'll have pics as soon as my phone is done charging (my charger is a lil ghetto so if I touch it even a little bit it will stop charging lol).

Bad News: I can't recall if my hair has always been like this, but the right side is fuller and longer than the left side! It can't be past damage issues because when I did any chemical alteration I always started on the right side, when I wrapped I always wrapped clockwise, heat styling started on the right, and my right side was always less healthier because of that....but now that im all natural again the left side is the less full, shorter side????? I'm thinking it may be how I sleep at night, I always start off on the left and after much tossing and turning I end up back on the left side. I'm the only one who has noticed cuz I'm the only one all up in my head lol so no trimming, but if it doesn't get its act together by August then it's getting evened up.

hi CherryCherryBoomBoom!

i just started with the mega tek, too!
are u in that challenge?
surely, it will do alot of good!
CONGRATULATIONS Maghreblover!!!!
7.5 inches in a year is WAY over the 6 inches they say is "normal"!
Thank you for bustin' that rule and enjoy your new hair!!!

HHG ladies!!!!!!!!!

I haven't posted in a while. I think I went back and added a starting length pic, but I had to get rid of some crunchy (and texlaxed) ends. They weren't split (yet) but they were thin and hard and just bugging me. I'm not sure if I will reach my 2010 goal, but I will try. Even if I don't reach it in 2010, I should reach it by early 2011.
So here is my new starting pic. Don't mind my face. :look:

Oh, and now I'm in the MN challenge, too.

So, I kind of freaked out when I saw how short my hair is in the picture. But when I stretched my hair out I saw that I am only 4 inches away from reaching APL (only the back half and sides, though). Last year I retained about 5 inches of new growth even though it was a crazy year (broken engagement) and I wasn't taking vitamins or my iron pills and I started eating like the typical [broke] college student.
So...yeah. I still think it's possible to reach APL by my birthday, Sept 22nd.

Attachments

• minichop feb 13.jpg
    minichop feb 13.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I haven't posted in a while. I think I went back and added a starting length pic, but I had to get rid of some crunchy (and texlaxed) ends. They weren't split (yet) but they were thin and hard and just bugging me. I'm not sure if I will reach my 2010 goal, but I will try. Even if I don't reach it in 2010, I should reach it by early 2011.
So here is my new starting pic. Don't mind my face. :look:

Oh, and now I'm in the MN challenge, too.

So, I kind of freaked out when I saw how short my hair is in the picture. But when I stretched my hair out I saw that I am only 4 inches away from reaching APL (only the back half and sides, though). Last year I retained about 5 inches of new growth even though it was a crazy year (broken engagement) and I wasn't taking vitamins or my iron pills and I started eating like the typical [broke] college student.
So...yeah. I still think it's possible to reach APL by my birthday, Sept 22nd.

Your shrinkage is like woah!

Thank you very much, but my hair is blunt cut too! :grin: I roll the top really tight And wrap the bottom to make it look layered.

^^Top Notch, I love your layers! I want layers so badly bc my rollersets look boring with all of my hair the same lenght. I'm trying to hold out until I'm at least APL before getting any type of cut.

When I was ill I French braided it and moisturize/seal it once a day, taking it down every 3 days to detangle and thoroughly moisurize/seal.

I got bored this evening and straightened just the back, to my surprise I'm like 1 inch away. Will just keep on doing what I'm doing, with any luck at my next touch up in June I might even surpass it!

I still haven't trimmed/dusted my hair *sigh* And I really need to because I worry that the longer I go without a trim, the more hair I will need to cut off in June. My hair is flat ironed right now, so I'll trim today and we'll see what happens after that. I think I might do a HOT with EVOO, co wash and then bun/baggy. This is subject to change, will report back later.

I am realxing this Friday after 6 months so I'll be able to see how much progress I've made then. Will post an update sometime next week.

Checking in, ladies... I got my relaxer last week and I am between 3 and 4 inches away from APL!!! I still have a long way to grow but I'm getting closer...!

^^ We are at the same point. I've got about 3-4 inches to go and it seems like it'll take forever and a day to get there. *sigh*

I spent too much money today!!

I bought a hair steamer $99
Joico kpak Vapor Iron $154
2 medium Caruso Rollers $20
======================
Grand total of $273

My husband is going to kick my azzzzzzzz (but at least my hair will be silky :grin:)!!!

Last edited:
What are you doing for growth

Co-washing and deep conditioning once a week, shampooing once a month
Twice a month I'll prepoo over night with my Alma oil and shakakai powder and coconut oil mixture
Protective styling..roller sets, braid outs, buns
Stretch my relaxers

What are you not going to do
forget to moisturize daily

What length are you now?
full shoulder length

quick update: I texlaxed at 10wks on Feb.5th and got a light trim on Feb. 12. I said I was not gonna trim but my ends were very brittle and rough. It did not set me back too far just back to line #2 I was almost at #3 after my texlax. It looks like I have about 2" or to be sure 2.5" until I reach APL which should be line #4. I am wearing my hair out this week and back to wiggin' or buns next week.
Here is a quick snap shot:

iw6jip.jpg

Last edited:
I think I'm going to order a progress shirt soon. I can't wait to see how much progress I will have made by summer. I'm also planning to buy a Maxiglide before I take down these Senegalese Twist.

Back