APL by Dec 2010!!!

Trying to wear my hair in a bun but I love playing in my hair too much for that. Went back to trying MN again. I learned that my mix was too strong and that I wasn't mixing enough oil. That explains the massive headaches.

Just wanted to check-in. Havent posted in awhile. Just conditioning and staying moisturized, and hoping for APL. But I am enjoying the journey so far.

ok ladies, tomorrow is gonna be the last time i bother with my hair for a while, i hope!

i cannot keep my hands out of it, but at the same time, it is becoming to much of a hassle to take all the time to care for it AND take all the time to style it, too.

something's got to give and it's gonna be the styling.

i love the claw clips, so i think i'm gonna wear my bangs out and claw clip it up as long as i can.....after tomorrow's roller set, that is....

Hi Ladies

Checking in. I'm at the end of my flexi rod set - today will be two weeks that I've worn the style. It started to look a little ratty towards the middle of this weeks so I threw it up into my 'save the day' style - curly puff/ponytail. I plan on washing it on Sunday.

Checking in. I'm currently in between braid installs and I'm bunning for the time being.Getting in my dcs and protein treatment before my next install.

I just washed my hair with diluted shampoo (CON green label/distilled water) and my scalp feels great! I really had the itch to take my braids down and see my hair --- I really miss my hair but I have a goal and will make APL by Dec 2010! Woo hoo--Ok I am calm now :)

im so ready to wash my hair. box braids are giving me a headache for braid outs because it's ALWAYS the middle that wants to lose definition when im getting rid of the parts so tonight i'm going to cornrow instead and then grab and braid in large, loose braids for maintenance.

Checking in. Still wearing braids. Dilute shampoo and condish every two weeks to put on hair. Using CoQ10, fish oil, MSM, multivitamin, and waiting for diatomaceous earth to show up. I think I could use a decent parasite cleanse for a change. Will post results.

Co-washed and DC yesterday. Twisted hair into bantu knots using coconut oil and aloe vera gel. My intention was to do this to wear as a twist out for a party tonight but since it is snowing here I don't know if I will be going anywhere. If not, I'll probably keep the twists in until tomorrow, wear the twist out for a couple days and then pin up for the rest of the week.

Goodmorningruby, i hope you feel better soon!

Cream Tee, what's Aveda USC?

HHG!

It is Aveda Universal Styling Cream. Some folks use it as a moisturiser, but I find that's not the best way for me. So I moisturise lightly then add the USC, particularly from mid point of my length down to my ends. After using my hair has a nice polished look, it's great for buns and smoothing down flyaways.

I was terrible with my hair last week, I only bunned once! It'll be going back up in the bun from Monday.

Washing my hair (braided) tonight. Pre-pooing/DCing under heating cap right now with Giovanni Nutrafix and EVOO on dry braided hair. Will clarify/chelate with Elucence Volume Clarifying shampoo and lather a second time with Swastik Shikakai shampoo bar. DC with heat after that with something super moisturizing mixed with honey. PC/cold rinse, then moisturize and seal (diluted Aussie Moist instant conditioner and JBCO). :lick: Then bun.

I'm also in the Wig Challenge so I hope I'm able to retain...I deep conditioned last night with ORS Replenishing Conditioner, Porosity Control and castor oil..it felt greattt with major slip...

MINI ASSESSMENT:

• What are you doing for growth
Oiling my scalp with Amla Oil every week, applying castor oil 2x a week, and maybe take some wholefood supplements, baggy, and try to keep my hair from rubbing against my clothes.

• What are you not going to do
Straighten my hair every week, cut, bun (scunci's chew my ends up)

• What length are you now?
Between SL & APL - haven't checked my length in months

What are you doing for growth?
2010 Braid Challenge
Protein treatment on ends (with peripheral braids removed)
WASH BIWEEKLY
DC WEEKLY

What are you not going to do?
No CUTTING!!

What length are you now?
SL

Yesterday I clarified with Tresemme Deep Cleaning Shampoo with vitamin c then conditioned with Roux Porosity. My hairs a bit crunchy, I think its the Roux Porosity control. Have any of you ladies experienced dryness from it?

I proceeded to moisturize with Hollywood beauty olive oil creme and sealed with unrefined castor oil but my hair is still dry. Im going to moisturize again tonight and hopefully it wont be so dry tomorrow.

It think Im going to DC with ORS Replenishing pak tomorrow

Had a major exam so I am just now washing my hair....
-Clarified with Suave.
-Washed with CON- green
-And DC with Aphogee 2 min (I guess you can consider that a DC)
I am air drying at the moment.
And I will be going back to my cowash 1x/wk also....

Hello everybody. I just wanted to wish everyone well on this challenge. I have decided to bow out gracefully. I made the decision to cut the rest of the color (almost three inches) out of my hair instead of waiting. It was really getting on my nerves. My hair is at a really awkward length, and realistically I think I will probably make it to full shoulder length at the end of this year.

Be blessed everyone, and HHG

ETA: It would be really funny if I made it to APL anyway.

Last night I picked out my braidout thinking i was gonna be washing my hair but ended up going out with friends. I ended up washing and hot oiling tonight, and instead of 2 strand twists I did flat twists for my twistout and i am happy to report that the broken areas in the front that refused to stay twisted are now able to be flat twisted and stay that way! They still aren't as full and healthy as i want but im glad im making progress.

I removed my Senegalese Twists the other day and had them redone. I did a Henna treatment and DC immediately after the takedown. I'm currently SL unstretched and Collarbone length stretched. I really hope I can make APL by Dec. I'm staying in braids for the rest of the year and I think the Crown and Glory method is really helping with retention and growth, especially since I'm transitioning.:yep: I didn't have any breakage after removing the Twists.

Attachments

• shoulderlength.jpg
    shoulderlength.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 34
  • collarbone.jpg
    collarbone.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 32
  • grin.jpg
    grin.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 34
Yesterday I clarified with Tresemme Deep Cleaning Shampoo with vitamin c then conditioned with Roux Porosity. My hairs a bit crunchy, I think its the Roux Porosity control. Have any of you ladies experienced dryness from it?

I proceeded to moisturize with Hollywood beauty olive oil creme and sealed with unrefined castor oil but my hair is still dry. Im going to moisturize again tonight and hopefully it wont be so dry tomorrow.

It think Im going to DC with ORS Replenishing pak tomorrow

Oooh, did you do a DC before the Roux PC? Or was that your DC?
If it was, then yes...the dryness is from the PC. PC is something that should be used as a final step to shut the cuticles and seal in the moisture from the DC. And I know that some people mix it in their DC...I used to, but I stopped. Anywho, it's not intended to really nourish the hair, and manufacturers recommend that it be only left on the hair for about a minute, so it's not the best thing to DC with. I know that only squares follow the instructions, but with PC, you really want to do that, or it can jack you right up. Makes your hair hard, tangly and crunchy.

I do recommend that you do the ORS Pak tomorrow. That should help tremendously. :yep: Good luck!

Hello everybody. I just wanted to wish everyone well on this challenge. I have decided to bow out gracefully. I made the decision to cut the rest of the color (almost three inches) out of my hair instead of waiting. It was really getting on my nerves. My hair is at a really awkward length, and realistically I think I will probably make it to full shoulder length at the end of this year.

Be blessed everyone, and HHG

ETA: It would be really funny if I made it to APL anyway.

Sorry that you had to cut, but good luck with the rest of your journey!
And it would be funny and wonderful if you got to APL anyway. Without the annoying color on the ends!

I washed my hair today....boy did that fell good. I DC combed out and twisted in big twist. I place a cap over them and will sleep like this. In the morning I will wash the DC out, moisturize and cornrow my hair. My hair seems to be responding well to my routine.

I used heat on my hair TWICE today!! :sad:Once to flat iron because I wanted to wear my hair straight for a funeral this morning, then again because I wanted to wear my hair curly for the Robin Thicke concert tonight. I tried to Caruso curl using the beach wave method I learned from a ytuber but I didn't have enough time for it to set properly. I need a :spank:! I'm going to treat myself to two dc's this week. One after church tomorrow and one after my mid week wash on Wed.

FYI: Beach Wave Tutorial in case anyone wants to try an alternate to traditional roller setting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L41HHj4gro

Last edited:
As anticipated/per usual, I am quickly growing bored with my low maintenance box braids and I want to take them down. It hasn't even been one week yet and I wanted to make them last at least a month. I know I will regret taking them out so soon since that means putting them in would take another 5-6 hours. I'll leave them in for a few more days....The good part is that my hair is super moist. :lick:

EVOO, JBCO and diluted Aussie Moist after intense DC = delicious, lushness for hair. :love3:

keeping my hair in small twists underneath my half wig, wont take them out until march 1st, deep conditioning 1-2 times a week and moisturizing every other day

Oh pleeaaassseee add me....im a newbie!!!

• What are you doing for growth
Started my vitamins Jan 25, 5000mcg boitin, 1000mcg MSM, B-complex 50. Weave it up chalenge 2010, only relax my hair on season (spring, summer, fall winter). Moistrurize and seal daily with nu gro spray w/ moisturizer and 100% cocnut oil.
  • What are you not going to do
I will not touch the shears, I will not touch the shears, I will not touch the SHEARS!!! No Cutting
I will not manipulate my hair too much.

• What length are you now?
I am neck length
Pic in signature was taken Jan 10, 2010

Going back to weekly washing...(bimonthly if I can).

I did a great deep condition w/ Cholesterol then used setting lotion to rollerset.
Oldschool.

The next day it was a bit dry, so I oiled my scalp w/ coconut oil and a bit of WGO.
Oldschool.

I'm gonna see how long this lasts.

My hair is in 5 flat twists, and one 2strand twist:look: underneath a wig. I'm wearing a satin scarf under my wig, instead of a wig cap.

I spritz lightly with water, moisturized with Alma heavy cream, sealed with EVOO, and rubbed/massaged a lil castor oil into to my edges yesturday.

I am going to wear this wig all week and wash my hair this weekend..

I am back to wearing my halfwig this week. I washed and cond with Nioxin system 3, DC with Joico moisture recovery and applied Nioxin thermal bliss, SE megasilk leave in and JBCO then braided in 5 big cornrows to wear under my wig until this weekend. I said I was not going to do any trimming but my ends are so rough and ratty looking so I may let my stylist trim after my texlax in 1-2wks.

Back