APL by Dec 2010!!!

What are you doing for growth
Protective styling-mostly twists for the winter
Vitamins-B-complex, Biotin, multivitamin, MSM
Detangling, DDDC Challenge

What are you not going to do

Cut like crazy-(I need a cut to give my hair some style)
Lots of direct heat- I want to straighten a couple of times (I'm scared tho)

What length are you now?

My twists are EL (front), NL (back) and top of SL (back & nape). I am hoping to get to APL by my Birthday in September.

Starting Pic (The pic in the pink shirt is from Dec 27)
ComparisonPics2.jpg

Last edited:
I definitely want to join this challenge! I am hoping to be APL by June 2010, but definitely want to be there by December 2010.

What are you doing for growth?

I currently wash my hair once a week with Aveda Damage Remedy shampoo and deep condition with Queen Helene Cholesterol for an hour using two plastic caps. I also use Wild Growth Hair Oil and that has been helping me in my transitioning lately. However, I am changing it up and I will only use WGHO on Mondays and Thursdays. On Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays I will be applying my Megatek to my scalp. Trying to keep my hair regimen as simple as possible.

I am also starting a new fitness routine which won't be as easy as my hair regimen. I will be working out 5 days a week for an hour (if I can make it!) and will be working out on the 6th day for at least 30 minutes. All with Jillian Michaels...she's going to kill me, lol. I have also started drinking a powdered protein drink once a day and will have at least 3 full glasses of water a day along with my multi-vitamins. I currently drink 1 glass of water a week, so I feel that 3 glasses a day is reasonable for me versus the full 8 a day that is recommended. Eventually I will get there.

What are you not going to do?

I will not be relaxing and will not be doing any major cuts. I really am determined this time around to fully go through with my transition and will not relax in 2010.

What length are you know?

I am currently SL; however, my hair does touch my collar bone.

Good luck to everyone! Now to start day 1 of my new fitness routine...

I hope to be APL before Dec 2010..but I want in...:yep:

more styles to keep my hands out of my hair .. deep condition weekly or twice a week , and baby my ends..Other then that.. it's buisness as usual work out..keep up the good water intake.. I might add some growth aids..but that's a strong might..lol

neglecting my ends...excessive heat.. combing and or pickin the fro out..

What length are you know?
I put bw sl and nl .. longest layer is at my grazing my shoulders.. I guess i'll actually have to take a pic with my phone sometime to show some length

Last edited:
Here is my length check. I got my hair pressed for a trim. My ends were Raaaagggggeeeed! This is the first time i've straightnend since September. My Goal is thick and full APL by 2010. I will keep my updates going. Good Luck everone and GOD bless for this new year!

Before my cut.
picture.php

After my cut.

picture.php

Here is my length check. I got my hair pressed for a trim. My ends were Raaaagggggeeeed! This is the first time i've straightnend since September. My Goal is thick and full APL by 2010. I will keep my updates going. Good Luck everone and GOD bless for this new year!

Before my cut.
picture.php

After my cut.

picture.php

No pics.:look:

I'm not going to make APL in 2009 but I'll make it in 2010 :yep: I am about 1/2" away so i hope to get there by my next relaxer, which will be in either February or March

• What are you doing for growth
Prayer (first and foremost!). Taking care of my body by sticking to my exercise routine, drinking plenty of water and eating more veggies and protein. I will continue to take my daily multi and fish oil vitamins as directed. I will get plenty of rest!!! I will D/C with every wash with a moisturizing conditioner. 2009 was my first year and I overdosed on protein and even though I reached my sl goal (actually a little past it), I ended up having to cut in back to the end of my neck. I will also SUPER PROTECT MY ENDS! Most importantly, I am going to journal my hhj more closely, but keep it simple!

• What are you not going to do
-Be heavy-handed with my products (less is more in 2010!)
-Use direct heat (threw out the flat iron and curlers)
-ABSOLUTELY NO CUTTING ( I was scissor happy in 2009 but I didn't have enough length for all the ps I know now)
-Purchase every product I hear about (again, less in more in 2010)

• What length are you now?
Grazing blunt and healthy sl, which I am really proud of because in Jan 09 I was at a damaged ear-length. (My siggy is a half-wig)

Here is
attachment.php
my current picture 12/31/09. Sorry so big APL here I come!

Attachments

• IMG00104-20091231-2043.jpg
    IMG00104-20091231-2043.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 211
Count me in too.

focus on keeping hair moisturized all the tiime. K.I.S.S.

no cutting, no cutting!

What length are you now?

(avatar pic is currently length taken 12/31/09)
Past EL, grazing the top of neck.....currently growing out a bob cut.

Last edited:
Hi, I hope it is not too late to join. I would really like to make APL this year.
Vitamins, exercise:look:,
use heat
What length are you now? Shoulder

bhm2.jpg

After cowashing my hair today a dear friend of mines said that my hair is APL, I will stay in the challange until I am full APL.

Anywho I cowashed today using HEHH and I liked it a lot. I will bun until wash day Tuesday.

Checking in. I've been bunning (except for holiday gatherings), upping my DC frequency, using MN, doing head massages and scritching more often, and basically doting on my hair. I refuse to do another length check until the end of Jan. I figure a watched pot never boils. I am going to go oil my NG right now.

Washed and conditioned for the first time with Joico. It was 50% off at Wal-mart salon. Did a wet wrap with Cantu leave in.

- Weekly DC
- Drink more water
- Take my vitamins

-Trim/cut
-Get a relaxer

What length are you now?
-Uneven neck length

I'm ready! My biggest hurdles will be staying consistent with my twistout/braidout regimen and babying my ends so I won't have to trim so often. I will do a length check on my 1 year anniversary of being relaxer/dye free (August 15th).

I'M IN...

WHAT WILL I DO FOR GROWTH: D/C EVERY OTHER WEEK,TAKING BIOTIN, FLAXSEED OIL, AND MSM POWDER.

WHAT I WON'T DO: NO CUTTING AND NOT AS MUCH HEAT

I THINK I AM NECK LENGTH

Last edited:
1. Vitamins (joined Winter 2010 Vitamins/Supplements Challenge)
2. Daily moisturizing and sealing ends
3. Every other night MN and MT (nape area only)
4. Weekly washing, D/C, PC, ACV rinse, moisturize seal with oil and air dry
5. Tie hair nightly and satin pillow case
6. Protective style - phoney pony. (joined Wig Challenge 2010)
7. Extend relaxer to 10 wks.
8. Drink more water
9. Fight with my hairdresser and his happy go lucky scissors.
10. Want to start trimming my own hair -search and destroy any splits.

1. No excessive heat.
2. No big cuts

What length are you now?
I am SL, 4 type hair, relaxed.

Last edited:
I visited my boyfriend for a week and now that I'm back I'm taking the whole day to pamper my hair. It was definitely neglected. However, he was running around the whole week talking about "APL"...he got a glimpse of the site.

As soon as I got back in town I ran to Sally's and a BSS and picked up a Denman, shears, and the Aphogee 2-step, but I think I'm gonna hold off on the 2-step and just throw some coconut oil into my conditioner to see what I get.

I visited my boyfriend for a week and now that I'm back I'm taking the whole day to pamper my hair. It was definitely neglected. However, he was running around the whole week talking about "APL"...he got a glimpse of the site.

Now THAT'S funny. :lachen:

Back