Anyone up for a NO TRIM challenge?

How is it going ladies? What are you doing to prevent your hair from NEEDING a trim? How are you treating those ends?

Well, April has been wig month for me. Next month I'll get braids. I'm terrible about trimming so I need to hide my hair completely.

Random thought: We need a sissor happy hair growers support group around here.

I'm out. In a fit of madness:perplexed I cut off most of my relaxed ends after stretching for 5 months- thinking of going natural now.

How is it going ladies? What are you doing to prevent your hair from NEEDING a trim? How are you treating those ends?

hey girl i m still maintaining and i be able to stay away from the scissors so tired of chopping progress. been extremely busy and never home so i m thinking of getting braids, cornrowed style like an updo braided till december i m not triming for at least 2 years lol!!!!!:rolleyes: what do i say no more trimmings!!!! til i reach my waistlength goal yep

If at all possible, can you post pics of your protective style?

I went to the salon this morning and got a relaxer and a trim. My hair is already layered, but the layers are growing out. I told her to just take a little bit off, and she did. She didn't cut any new layers, just redefined what was already there. I'll probably wait until the fall/winter to get layers.

I didn't forget your request! I posted some pics of my updo in my fotki. Check it out when you get a minute.

Still doin good over here. I wash every other day (I'm in the wash for growth challenge) so I can't baggy cause my hair's always wet. So I put it in a bun and secure with a Good Day Hairpin or a satin scrunchie. Either that, or I put my hair in one big twist and pin it to the back of my head.

My ends are still moisturized, but I can't wait to start baggying again! :)

Originally Posted by Ms. Plain Jane

Going strong since my dusting in March. To keep my ends smooth, & hydrated I DC up to 2X a week with a homemade mixture. I w/o rinse or co-wash daily & keep my hair protected. I moisturize 2X daily also.

Good Luck Ladies!

I forgot that I was in this. Still trim/dusting free. I've had my hair in kinky twists for most of April and will probably do cornrows in the next few days. I moisturize daily with African Royale and I don't see any splits.

I'm still goin strong. I may trim just a lil my next relaxer (June 13) to clean up my ends for da summer. Before you bash me, I've been on my own personal no-trim challenge for a while and havent had a trim since New Year's, so that would be a total of 6 months for me :yep:. My next trim after June will be New Year's again. So every 6 months is gonna be my trim schedule from now on :grin:

I'm still at it. Protective styles 100%, moisturize 2xs a day. I'm not getting a trim when I go to my stylist this Saturday for a touch up. HHG ladies!

I just dusted my hair :blush:

The kids are sleep and I was bored. Then I started reading a thread about trimming, so I figured I'd dust a lil off :perplexed I tried to ignore the urge for a few minutes, but those shears were SCREAMING my name and I couldn't resist any more :cry3: The whole time, I was thinking ''NO! You're in the no trim challenge! Stop!'' But I couldn't! Once I get my mind set on something, it's a done deal :ohwell:

I barely cut anything off, and I feel so bad.... But my hair feels so good :look:

The kids are sleep and I was bored. Then I started reading a thread about trimming, so I figured I'd dust a lil off :perplexed I tried to ignore the urge for a few minutes, but those shears were SCREAMING my name and I couldn't resist any more :cry3: The whole time, I was thinking ''NO! You're in the no trim challenge! Stop!'' But I couldn't! Once I get my mind set on something, it's a done deal :ohwell:

I barely cut anything off, and I feel so bad.... But my hair feels so good :look:

Well Tiffers, don't feel bad. I was just checkin in to confess my guilt as well :nono::nono::nono:. I had to do a trim because I had a set back :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:. I was seeing breakage left and right, so much to the point that I began to see a W form in the back of my hair, so I said I'd rather do it now than later.

Well, Now that I've got everything straight with my hair and the breakage is under control, I'm going to commit to not trimming any more for the rest of the year. Sad thing is that I probably blew my goal of reaching APL by the end of Aug, but it was for the best. I think if I'm diligent and consistent I'll make it by the end of the year.

Tiffers, I was about to get upset with yyou, but I want to dust as well. :ohwell:

I joined this challenge when it first started. My user name has changed from ckachinski to Rapunzel2B. Could you please change that. TIA

:look:I have been searching for this thread for the past week, I had to share that I had a 1/2 inch cut one week ago. Does this mean I'm out?

Back