Anyone up for a NO TRIM challenge?

You're welcomed honey and oh no I don't towel dry my hair either. I simply take my towel and squeeze (not rub) the ends gently to absorb most of the water from it, then I allow it to dry a little on it's own before moisturizing and sealing, then baggy. By the time I'm ready to baggy, my hair is not dripping wet, in other words it's just slightly damp. HTH

OK, I'll try that.

I want to join! I never really cared to trim unless I had to (split ends/raggedy looking ends). My stylist is always asking to trim my ends and she can be so persistent about it too, its like they get a high over trimming ends. Why can't they understand, no means NO! I used to watch her like a hawk too! I would definitely do this challenge but I'm afraid of my stylist begging me when I go to get my relaxer.

You've been added!

My stylist is the same way. But, when I got my relaxer earlier this month, I just told her that I do not want a trim. Fortunately, she was very understanding about it. Just be blunt and tell her you don't want one and stick to your grounds!

One of the members here also told me that if I felt uncomfortable about telling her, to instead mention it to her over the phone when I made my appointment. Tell her that you just want a relaxer and no trim, despite the condition of your ends. HTH.

I need to join this too. I just got a relaxer on Friday and my stylist gave me a trim that set me back. I was about an inch away from BSL and I'm back to grazing APL again! :wallbash:From now on I'm either going to trim it myself or have DH do it for me.

This means no trims at least until September, but if I can go longer, even better!

I need to join this too. I just got a relaxer on Friday and my stylist gave me a trim that set me back. I was about an inch away from BSL and I'm back to grazing APL again! :wallbash:From now on I'm either going to trim it myself or have DH do it for me.

This means no trims at least until September, but if I can go longer, even better!

:wave: You've been added!

Thanks!

How do you avoid the sniffles or a stuffy head if you go to bed with wet hair? Sometimes I get both if I wash my hair at night and dry my hair before I go to bed. I guess I'm more susceptible. :spinning:

I've been lucky, I guess....been taking extra vitamin C too :grin:. I do sit under the dryer in the morning for a short period of time to finish drying. I've been afraid to go out in the early morning with wet hair because I don't want to catch a cold. :rolleyes:

I just completed my no trim challenge 3 months YEAH!!!!!! May 20th made 3 months! I had a touch -up today just wanted dusting but I received more than just dusting!!! I have been set back to right above APL:wallbash: AGAIN!!!! I am trying to look at the brightside I had two different lengths in the back from nape damage and now at least its one length but I had full APL with NG and now post touch-up my hair is the same length as the underneath shorter length.

Can I trim my own ends????
I will post pics this weekend

I'm still going strong. I havent had a trim since Jan 5, 2008. I do plan to trim this coming relaxer though June 13, 2008 of about .5"-1" becuase I have some see-thru ends. That should put me at full BSL because I'm a lil past it right now with about an inch of NG. Other than that, I think I'm gonna make my Christmas MBL goal :grin:.

I'm still not trimming, my last trim was in September 2007 and so far my hair is doing great :crossfingers:

I still haven't trimmed.....

And I am experiencing a ton of shed or broken hairs... :perplexed

Make sure you are balancing your protein and moisture level. If you use more moisturizing products, gradually add some protein to see if that makes a difference. If you're using more protein based products, then give it a rest for a while. Also, if it's shedding, I hear that garlic is good for that. Look for a garlic shampoo. I don't know the name of one offhand...sorry :sad:. Maybe some of the other ladies can chime in. Good luck!

Hey girl!

I was waiting to dust my hair (wasn't sure if I was gonna do it or not). I've gone 5 months without a trim, so I did a very slight dusting. But now I'm in ;)

~One

I'm still going strong, though I'm extremely tempted. Just trying to remember that I wanna hit MBL this year!

(Although I'm thinking about doing a S & D and taking out the 'bent ends' that I come across. LOL it's less than a dusting, does that count :grin:?)

I'm still going strong, though I'm extremely tempted. Just trying to remember that I wanna hit MBL this year!

(Although I'm thinking about doing a S & D and taking out the 'bent ends' that I come across. LOL it's less than a dusting, does that count :grin:?)

S&D? What's that?

Dusting does not mean TRIM, so don't be slick! :lachen:

My ends were a bit rough so I dusted the tiniest amount after putting my hair in 8 plaits. My hair feels much better and i'm still going strong with no major trims since last October.

I was tempted to cut my V but I can see that my sides are trying to keep up so i'll re-evaluate at the end of the yr. I still gunning for full SL by the end of the yr.:yep:

Still going strong as well. I need to up the moisture of my ends else they start to get a little frail.

I'm getting my ends trimmed this weekend. :crazy:

I'm not going to fool myself and call it a dusting because I'm going to have it done at the salon and you know that they don't know what dusting is. :rolleyes: I'm going to have her do it on dry hair after my roller set. :)

My ends have been snagging for a few days now. Today I flatironed and the dang flatiron kept catching on my ends :swearing:

So I angrily stomped to the bathroom and dusted my ends. Now they feel good again :grin:

I'm getting my ends trimmed this weekend. :crazy:

I'm not going to fool myself and call it a dusting because I'm going to have it done at the salon and you know that they don't know what dusting is. :rolleyes: I'm going to have her do it on dry hair after my roller set. :)

MPJ how'd it go? Please don't tell us you walked out of that salon with 3 inches of hair! :eek:

MPJ how'd it go? Please don't tell us you walked out of that salon with 3 inches of hair! :eek:

The trim went well. Thanks for asking.

What I have to work on is pampering my ends.

So I successfully completed the challenge- I went from April to July without trimming my ends. Now I will work towards October. :yep:

So far I've completed 4 months of this challenge and will wait about 2 more weeks before I get my ends dusted. I can't wait.

Last edited:
Back