*~*Anyone up for a month baggie/surge challenge?*~*

DangerouslyShy

I have not been treating my ends like I should have.

I been wearing my hair out, so its time to baby them. Just to keep them healthy.

Today I started my baggie challenge, Im going to do it for a month.

And I am also starting to surge again. its been about two weeks since my last relaxer, and I want to get that new growth coming in strong!

What I put in my baggie, was EQP Mango Butter, and castor oil.

What do you usually put in yours?

Anyone joining me??

I will start the baggie challenge with you!!! I just relaxed my hair last night. I will do this for a month as well. I will not start surging until after a month has past after the relaxer. I put Sta Sof Fro, Ubh moisturizer & jojoba oil in my baggie. Good Luck!!!:)

I will join you too. I was putting S-Curl and WGO in my baggie, but I think I may have been OVER moisturizing. This time, I'm just going to use oil, probably WGO.

I will surge with you too. I'm going to pick some up on my lunch break (and a new Phonytail too!)

I'm up for a new Challenge!
I've been wearing my bun faithfully at night and during the day when I'm home all the time.

Baggie here I come.
I'll take another shot at Surge too!

Great ladies...

Im pretty bad with these challenges because I like to change my hair so frequently!! lol but Im going to stick with it...Im going to start my vits again as well...

Okay Dangerouslyshy I'm with you, I've already been doing the baggie method for about two weeks and bunning everyday faithfully for a year and a half already so this should be easy for me. :)

Here is what I put in my baggie, a leave-in conditioner with grease or Vaseline *loads of it* and I don't put a phony-pony on because the comb irritates the crap out of me, so I put a black stocking over it along with a pretty accessory today it's a green flower. I got the idea from Chicoro and Adrienne :)

Count me in it's time for a change! My hair is still breaking in the middle and I have not been taking care of the ends. Plus it's time for me to start back working out so I will be bunning it. I'm tired of just focusing on the style looking cute. I will be using shea butter, or mago butter and water. I just have to pick up some baggies.

Count me in! I have not been doing all too much to my ends lately. I will add jojoba oil on my ends with a little surge. I am hoping the surge does not make my hair too dry. I'll check back with results.

I got my phonytail today. I will wait on the Surge for a couple of week since I just relaxed last night as well. I want to become more consistant with my vitamins also. We'll see...

Count me in too, I will do the baggie method mon-thur. I like my hair out on the weekends. I just got a relaxer 2 weeks ago, I like to start surging in my 4th week. I will use pure jojoba oil, protectiv healthy ends, and leave-in co in my baggie. Then cover with my pony or fake donut bun.

Count me in!

I surge, atleast once a day but I most definately try to make it twice a day. Since I cut my hair, it's too short to get a baggie on the ends of my cornrows so I've been coating my ends and tucking them in. I hope this will be just as effective.

I am in also. I normally put Pantene oil cream moisturizer in my baggie, but I got some Elasta QP mango butter that did not work well for me, so I will throw that in instead.

I am a newbie...just joined last week and am already wearing my baggie and phonybun!! I would love to join the baggie/surge challenge, but first I have a dumb question...what exactly is Surge :confused:? I see the banner at the top of the page but which of their products is it, and what am I supposed to do with it?

Most people I think use the Surge spray (Plus 14). At least that's what I was using. It's sprayed on the scalp and is supposed to aid in hair growth. I used it for about a month and had good growth, but I was taking vitamins too. It did help me manage my new growth.

PatTodd said:
I am a newbie...just joined last week and am already wearing my baggie and phonybun!! I would love to join the baggie/surge challenge, but first I have a dumb question...what exactly is Surge :confused:? I see the banner at the top of the page but which of their products is it, and what am I supposed to do with it?
Welcome to the challenge!!...

bag lady nailed it on the head...its supposed to aide hair growth...and it does...

DangerouslyShy said:
Welcome to the challenge!!...

bag lady nailed it on the head...its supposed to aide hair growth...and it does...

Thanks! Got my bun, and actually like wearing it! I'll be getting a phonypony next....

Dangerously, you are in my area (Trenton). Do you know where to buy Surge products around here? Do you know if they have them at the BSS in Morrisville or on Pennington?

i'll do the surge part...im lookin for excuses not to do box braids for the month of april lol(i change up so much so i make myself wear somethin a month now lol)...i was lookin for a challenge since the "no checky length" one is almost over....

i'll be about a week late starting....im gonna do the braids either on sunday or monday of next week...hope thats cool

My ends really need some TLC so I will do the 1 month baggie challenge too.

The Surge spray made my hair really dry so I am using Surge Ultra Max cream instead. I will go back to the spray 1 month before my next relaxer.

I am not sure what I will use yet but it will probably be one or some of the following:

Real Shea Butter
S-Curl
NTM Leave-in
Profective Healthy Ends
EVOO
WGO

Question: I wear my hair back in a bun (everyday)..what are my options if I want to do the baggie challenge, do I have to buy a bun instead? Can I just do it over night? I can't do the phony pony thing.

I will start April 4th too. Well, I'm in a baggie now, and have been since I took my braids out last week. But I REALLY want to rollerset my hair tomorrow. I need the practice, and there's no set like set with a fresh relaxer. I will OFFICIALLY start with my Sunday wash.

PatTodd said:
Thanks! Got my bun, and actually like wearing it! I'll be getting a phonypony next....

Dangerously, you are in my area (Trenton). Do you know where to buy Surge products around here? Do you know if they have them at the BSS in Morrisville or on Pennington?
Im not sure about the new BSS on Pennington Ave...but they have it at both of the BSS on Olden Ave....

I need to get a phony bun too...I cant make a nice one with my hair yet....

DangerouslyShy said:
Im not sure about the new BSS on Pennington Ave...but they have it at both of the BSS on Olden Ave....

I need to get a phony bun too...I cant make a nice one with my hair yet....

Thanks! I will find out where the Olden Avenue stores are - as soon as I get the Surge (maybe today!) I will officially start that part of the challenge.

BTW, I got my bun at the BSS on Rt. 1 in Morrisville (in the strip mall where Fu Wah is). It looks like this:

http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/smallbun.html

It was 6.99. The BSS on Pennington did not have a good selection.

Question: I wear my hair back in a bun (everyday)..what are my options if I want to do the baggie challenge, do I have to buy a bun instead? Can I just do it over night? I can't do the phony pony thing.[/QUOTE]

To wear the baggie during the day, if you don't want to wear a bun, I have read here that you could cover it with a black stocking and a bun cover (available at Claire's or hairboutique.com).

Your hair is beautiful by the way. I think we have similar textures although I am more of a 3b. I would love my hair to look like yours!

When i do my baggie method i put my hair up in a bun with jojoba oil then put some oil in a small zip lock bag then cover with a silk scarf. I do this at night and only keep it in throughout the day if i am sporting a hat. So far so good.

PatTodd said:
Thanks! I will find out where the Olden Avenue stores are - as soon as I get the Surge (maybe today!) I will officially start that part of the challenge.

BTW, I got my bun at the BSS on Rt. 1 in Morrisville (in the strip mall where Fu Wah is). It looks like this:

http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/smallbun.html

It was 6.99. The BSS on Pennington did not have a good selection.

The olden store is right off of Olden and Parkside at the corner...next to Dominos Pizza.... the other one is in the Forman Mills, Aj Wright, and Super G shopping center...

I have to look into that bun its cute....

lkg4healthyhair said:
My ends really need some TLC so I will do the 1 month baggie challenge too.

The Surge spray made my hair really dry so I am using Surge Ultra Max cream instead. I will go back to the spray 1 month before my next relaxer.

I am not sure what I will use yet but it will probably be one or some of the following:

Real Shea Butter
S-Curl
NTM Leave-in
Profective Healthy Ends
EVOO
WGO

Question: I wear my hair back in a bun (everyday)..what are my options if I want to do the baggie challenge, do I have to buy a bun instead? Can I just do it over night? I can't do the phony pony thing.
How to you like Surge Ultra max cream?

Back