3 Month Baggie Challenge

I just took my baggie down, and I love my hair, the ends are all silky and soft, like I can just let it down now, and finger comb it, and it looks beautiful and Im 6 weeks post relaxer, goodnes why didnt I know this b4?? I'll bag it up today, I want to wear it down tomorrow, just for the day and its going back up in a baggie for rest of the week.

Naijaqueen said:
I just took my baggie down, and I love my hair, the ends are all silky and soft, like I can just let it down now, and finger comb it, and it looks beautiful and Im 6 weeks post relaxer, goodnes why didnt I know this b4?? I'll bag it up today, I want to wear it down tomorrow, just for the day and its going back up in a baggie for rest of the week.

All Right!! I am lovin it!! One time for soft silky ends!! :clapping:

We are one week closer to our goal, keep it up!! :yay:

SerenityBreeze said:
Yay! So far it's 8 of us including,Cichelle,Crem,lkg4healthyhair,LadyZ,Naijaqueen,Candygirl,locabouthair & myself.

Hopefully, we should each be able to retain between 2-3 inches each!! Lets keep each other posted!! So far, my ends have been sooo soft. I have also been CW daily and my hair loves it!! Hardly any hair breakage when I rinse my hair.

Lkg4healthyhair, the cover I am using is a very thin nylon/satin like sleeping cap. It is made of doo-rag material. It works well for me to cover my bun!!

Happy Retaining!

:D OK I said I wasn't gonna start till Sept 5, but as of this Tuesday 8/30
I did my first co-wash and baggy. Durning the day I've been wairing
a phony bun and I love it:thumbsup:

I put a lil olive oil in my baggies and when I do my buns I saturate my ends with Hot 6 oil. Oh and I'm also tryin to take take my vitamins, I forget a lot though:mad:

I don't know if my hair will gain 2-3 inches, thats a lot of growth and my hair has always been at a snails pace. I plan to purchase some MTG so hopefully that will help me out a bit

I love baggie :D
I'm going to shoot for 12weeks instead of 9months, it makes it so much easier for me to deal with my hair by doing this.

I'm a little late but I'm in!

I've ignored this protective style for the longest while, and now, finally, I'm ready to try it.

i have one question cos id like to join the challenge too! i was wondering you cant put the baggie on only at night and on your days off can you? lol cos i usually wear buns anyways but i think ima join up and wear the baggie at nights and on days off which im pretty sure knowing my schedule round out to just under 5 days a week...

lol would that still make me apart of the challenge? lol cos these challenges really motivate me ;)

meia said:
i have one question cos id like to join the challenge too! i was wondering you cant put the baggie on only at night and on your days off can you? lol cos i usually wear buns anyways but i think ima join up and wear the baggie at nights and on days off which im pretty sure knowing my schedule round out to just under 5 days a week...

lol would that still make me apart of the challenge? lol cos these challenges really motivate me ;)

I know some ladies wear it a couple of days during the week. This past week, I wore a baggie at night and 5days out the week. I'm wearing one tonight, but tomorrow I wont have it on during the day, but then I'll prob have a baggie for the rest of the days of the week.
Join in, I would say :)

Hey y'all my hair in front/nape is shorter, so when I do the baggie on my ponytail, it obviously isnt included so for last couple of days I've also had a bag over my entire head at night to keep those ones moisturized. So far so good :)

I am in. Have been using baggie for 2 weeks now. I will be adopting the crown and glory technique so I will be braiding my hair on Oct 29th. Hope this does not make a difference.

naijaqueen- thank you for being so encouraging..i couldnt keep up with the demands of an every DAY thing..lol..i would probably feel self-conscious..ive never worn a phony pony and wouldnt even know where to start..lol

thank you for your encouragement!
-meia:D:D:D

meia said:
naijaqueen- thank you for being so encouraging..i couldnt keep up with the demands of an every DAY thing..lol..i would probably feel self-conscious..ive never worn a phony pony and wouldnt even know where to start..lol

thank you for your encouragement!
-meia:D:D:D

I didnt wear a phony pony last week, what I would do is use a piece of a blag plastic bag as my baggie, and then I've a cut up part of a black panty hose, which is thin over it, with my scrunchie and then I have a black satin doo-rag that I wrap around my bun, so it looks neat and cute :)

We in this together HHG!!!!

I've never done a challenge before, and I'm a little late, but I'm in on doing a full head baggie challenge every night. I started last Monday, and my hair has been wonderfully damp and moisturized all day after drying.

naijaqueen- hahaha that does sound cute!! hmmm idea ideas ideas!!:confused::confused:;) lol
thank you for being so supportive! we definitely in this together girl!! lol i got yo back!:)

Going into week 3 now for me and I'm still in. I crocheted up about 6 bun covers so I don't have to wear a phony tail/bun. Some days/nights I am wearing a plastic cap over my entire head. I went through all my hair stuff and found a bunch of satin scrunchies that I thought were lost forever. (They are like socks around here...they seem to go missing!) I was happy about that. The other day I was staying home so I didn't have the bun cover on and my daughter was obsessed with my baggie. When I sat on the couch she would go behind me and squeeze it. :look:

Cichelle said:
my daughter was obsessed with my baggie. When I sat on the couch she would go behind me and squeeze it. :lol:
That is too cute. I know she must have really been wondering why you had a lunch bag on your hair :lol: --- Into week 3 we go!!

Cheleigh said:
I've never done a challenge before, and I'm a little late, but I'm in on doing a full head baggie challenge every night. I started last Monday, and my hair has been wonderfully damp and moisturized all day after drying.
Welcome aboard! :wave: I am happy to hear you are already enjoying the benefits of the challenge. I keep wanting to take my baggie off just to feel how soft my ends are. What are you putting in your baggie?

vanay said:
Great! How many inches are you shooting for by December?

Naijaqueen said:
my hair in front/nape is shorter - I've also had a bag over my entire head at night to keep those ones moisturized.
I have yet to do this. Good Idea! I was thinking about my shorter layers not benefiting and wondering if I could some how hide two baggies, top and bottom,by bagging the very ends and rolling them into a french twist.

meia said:
would that still make me apart of the challenge
Girlll..your in, your in!! I am even being creative by rolling over my "free days" that I dont wear my hair down -- in the event I want to have it out for, lets say, three consecutive days.

BahamaMama said:
I'm a little late but I'm in!
Come Junkanoo, we will be sportin our longer locks! Dey Comin! :wink2:

Ladies!! I thnk there are now twelve of us -- combined maybe we can shoot for 18 inches!! :clap:

Hey I wanna be in on the challenge too!

I started last week. And I LOVE my bun cover. I don't think I will be wearing it every day for 3 months. I will do it every day for 7 days every other week. (I do not want to have another terrible baggie experience.)

Checkin in, havent worn it in a bun last 3 days outside the house, I've been working from home lately, so I have my whole head covered with a bag all night, till late morning, at which point I take it down to sorta dry. I love this, feel like my whole head is benefiting. I'll bun it up tomorrow, it'll be a chill day :) I'm exactly 7 weeks post, I relax in 2 weeks and 2days, I'm buying Phyto to take to the hairdresser, it'll be my first time, i'll only have stretched for 9 weeks, and 2days but this is someone who used to relax within 7 weeks, so thats great. My next relaxer after that will be in time for Christmas, and that will be closer to 12weeks. I've so much growth from MTG, cant wait to see my hair relax and down, till then baggie 4 life!!

Hey I want to join I want to try to get 2 to 3 inches but I was having breakage when I put scurl on my wet hair and then did the baggie method. Even with try hair scurl just doesnt quite agreed with hair :confused: I put on ORS olive oil and a mix of rosemary oil and coconut oil on my ends and then put in my own type of baggie( since I didnt have any baggies left I just used some clear plastic that is used to put your cloths in from the dry cleaners) and wrapped it around my ponyttail. Question Is it too soon to baggie if I just had my hair relaxed on Saturday? My mother keeps nagging me that this is going to cause me some breakage. I just cant wait to baggie and put on my phony pony. Happy hair growing girls

NewYorkgyrl said:
Hey I wanna be in on the challenge too!

I started last week. And I LOVE my bun cover. I don't think I will be wearing it every day for 3 months. I will do it every day for 7 days every other week. (I do not want to have another terrible baggie experience.)

All Right! The more the merrier!!! :woot: -- What happened with your last baggie experience?

NYRICAN1 said:
but I was having breakage when I put scurl on my wet hair and then did the baggie method....... Question Is it too soon to baggie if I just had my hair relaxed on Saturday?

Sorry to hear about breakage..that word just makes me cringe!! Where were you having it? We gotta nip that one in the bud! :whip:

I dont think it would be too soon. Actually the sooner the better since your hair is very fragile after a relaxer. It needs the least manipulation i/m/o.

What I do to avoid breakage is watch the tension I put on my ponytail holder. I put the holder ontop of the plastic to make sure it does not rub against my wet hair and even think about snapping. So, the closest thing to my hair is plastic and because my hair is greased up, there is no hard friction against it.

I also alternate where my pony is and how I do it: Higher, Lower, etc. -Sometimes I baggie just the very ends, approx 3 inches and hide it under a loose french bun. Today is my "out day" I will take pics next bun.

I know I'm a little late. Count me in ladies. :p I guess my dates will be from September 8 - December 8. I'm all natural and I'm going the full three without stopping.

ZZirvingi - Here's another natural taking the challenge if I can do it you can to. ;)

shalom said:
I know I'm a little late. Count me in ladies. :p I guess my dates will be from September 8 - December 8. I'm all natural and I'm going the full three without stopping.

ZZirvingi - Here's another natural taking the challenge if I can do it you can to. ;)

Join in, the party only got started :P

I did a CW last night, did deep conditioning with Silicon Mix, and then used Giovanni Direct Leave in, put MTG on my scalp, and Shea butter/coconut oil on my ends. I put a baggie over my whole head and took it down this morning to dry off, dried within 2hrs and my hair feels sooooo moisturized, soft and silky, I dont believe I'm 7 weeks post!!!

SerenityBreeze said:
Come Junkanoo, we will be sportin our longer locks! Dey Comin! :wink2:

:lachen: Girl I wasn't expectin that- thanks for the laugh!:grin:

And just to make this post on topic- you guys have some great ideas! Keep 'em coming! I thought I would get behind because of boredom etc but looking at the different ways you guys do it, I have no reason to!

SerenityBreeze said:
Sorry to hear about breakage..that word just makes me cringe!! Where were you having it? We gotta nip that one in the bud! :whip:

I dont think it would be too soon. Actually the sooner the better since your hair is very fragile after a relaxer. It needs the least manipulation i/m/o.

What I do to avoid breakage is watch the tension I put on my ponytail holder. I put the holder ontop of the plastic to make sure it does not rub against my wet hair and even think about snapping. So, the closest thing to my hair is plastic and because my hair is greased up, there is no hard friction against it.

I also alternate where my pony is and how I do it: Higher, Lower, etc. -Sometimes I baggie just the very ends, approx 3 inches and hide it under a loose french bun. Today is my "out day" I will take pics next bun.

Can I do the baggie on dry hair. Today I put ORs olive oil with rosemary oil on my hair and put a baggie on it and my hair was so soft and no breakage. Do I have to keep the baggie on all the time or can I just keep it on at night?
Is it okay to wear ponytails with my hair tucked under? Im sorry for all the questions but I have made lots of progress so Im being very cautious. thanx

I would love about 3" for dec. I started the bun challenge 2.5 weeks ago and I am very happy with my ends.

I was very shocked this morning (and I am still wondering if it's my imagination!!) but my hair seems to have grown overnight! The bun seems to make the hair at the back healthier, giving it a nice body. I love the bun challenge and I am not bored with it (as yet!). I alternate a short bun, long hair extension that I put on the end and roll up nicely with the clip (similar to how Simplycee wraps her ends with a clip), I also purchased an extension that covers half my hair so I style the front to blend in with the hair and underneath the extension my hair end is nicely placed in a plastic bag and you could never tell. There are so many styles that can be worn with the baggie and I change my styles often to stay motivated. In order to limit how often I comb my hair, I CW or wash every Wed and Sat; pre wash every tues and fri by sleeping in a bag with different oils. DC every wash. I use Sylvia2's technique of washing then tying down the hair with a scalf and placing 6-9 rollers on the end for bed. Next day for work I do a baggie style. Since I put MTG on my roots, I try to leave the baggie style intact for a day or two - less hair worry / manipulation. I spray Cathy Dew conditioner in daily and tie it down with a scalf for bed. There is absolutely a tremendous difference in how my hair looks today versus 3 weeks ago and if I keep this up, I am confident I will have significant length when I relax next.

Lucia said:
get one of those plastic caps @ Sallys theyre cheap like 30 for $3, moisterize your hair then put the cap on @ night, this works too.

(thanx) sooooo sorry im late :( but yes, :D count me in!!!! i will be starting 2night

I decided to start an album dedicated to my baggie styles. I should have been doing this before but I never thought about it until I read a few threads about baggie boredom. So far, I uploaded 3 pics - hope I will remember to continue. Just wanted to be an encouragement for us to continue with our goal of bagging it up until December. Alternating our baggie styles will help to keep us motivated. I will be braiding on Oct 28th though.
http://public.fotki.com/Ivanay

Me and my two daughters are in. Sorry that I'm posting late but we've been doing it now for over a week. Thanks for starting the challange. :D

I would like to try the 3 month baggie challenge. But I am not sure what oils or moisturizer I should put in my ends. Also in the morning, do I just rinse it off? Sorry, I am new.:(
thanks

Cichelle said:
I'm really happy about this challenge. I made a spray of distilled water and conditioner that I am using, plus avocado butter sometimes. But this weekend I am going to buy some EO (which kinds are you using?). I am using a bun cover (actually nylon fabric) with a scrunchie. I've decided to have two baggies in the back because I have layers, and I want to make sure all my ends are being protected. I have an idea to crochet some pretty bun covers. I'm looking for patterns and will probably start trying to make one tonight. I CW or rinse daily.

Let's check in soon. I'm all baggied up today...and much less frustrated.
Where did you get the avocado butter? I've heard so much about it and wanted to try it.

Back