Baggie Challenge ***Update Month 2***

I'm not part of the challenge, but reading about everyone's success was wonderful. Whenever I've used the baggie method it worked great and you all have inspired me to do this more often!
Take care,
G

Well I got my hair braided on Friday. It looks lovely, I'll have pictures up soon. I reached past bra strap but because of the way the last braider braided my hair I got a lot of tangles and lost a LOT of hair. So now 25% is past bra strap and the rest is jaggedly 1-2 inches above it. I am pissed but I should have spoken up so the lesson has been learned.

Relaxing to go natural-
I also decided to go natural. My hair is currently texturized and a couple of months ago I overprocessed 4 inches and so it no longer looks cute in a wash n go. When I take these braids out I am gonna relax the last 8-9 inches straight so that I stop loosing so much hair on the ends from tangling etc. Then I will continue to wear braids/weaves to transition.

:( I broke down and got a sew in weave for a formal dance yesterday. I just didn't think the phony pony afro puff would go with a white silk suit. I probably won't be in this weave for any longer than 3 weeks (i can't wash it correctly) so when I jump back into the baggie I think I will try the vaseline ends also because I was jus using curl activator and oil. My ends were moisturized, but I need something a little heavier. great challenge!!! I think this challenge is truly going to help me get past bra strap

Checking in......
I don't know if I checked in last month or not.
The baggie method is working great.... I am alternating oils each day... I am Surging once a day also.... I Just got a touch up two weeks ago... my ends are not dry.... but I can not stretch out my relaxer's... I just lose too much hair and lose much of my length that I have gained over the month... I am will start posting comparison pictures real soon....

I love this forum

I am very faithfull to the challenge. I have started sept 2, 2004. I have wore that style every single day since then and I like it very much. It is working great. I use ORS carrot oil which works better than the vaseline. My edges and nape are coming along very nicely.

Still going strong. I have been using (trying out) coconut oil instead of Blue Magic want to see if I get better results with it. It's only been three weeks since my trim so my ends look good. I still get breakages though. I'm hoping that doing the baggie will result in me not having to get another trim when I touch-up in June.

I have been implementing the BandB method while out of braids. I am torn...I want to join the baggie method challenge too, but I don't believe I can. I have to do the Crown and Glory in individuals in March and April. I will be back in the baggie in May.

Hmmmmmmm, maybe I can bun and baggie my braids with a jherri-curl cap and cover with a knee hi, I will probably look like a Tella-Tubby...screw it, I am trying it until June...I am joining the baggie challenge. I love the way my ends feel, I have just been doing this for the last 3 weeks.

The baggie method up until about a week ago has been going just great! My ends look sooo silky, but I needed to stock up on my oils a WHILE ago! I ran out of stuff to put into my baggie! Seems like a lot of people like vaseline on their ends. I know I have some around here somewhere! I'm getting back on the ball!

greenidlady1 said:
I'm not part of the challenge, but reading about everyone's success was wonderful. Whenever I've used the baggie method it worked great and you all have inspired me to do this more often!
Take care,
G
That's great!! :yep:

cutebajangirl said:
Well I got my hair braided on Friday. It looks lovely, I'll have pictures up soon. I reached past bra strap but because of the way the last braider braided my hair I got a lot of tangles and lost a LOT of hair. So now 25% is past bra strap and the rest is jaggedly 1-2 inches above it. I am pissed but I should have spoken up so the lesson has been learned.

Relaxing to go natural-
I also decided to go natural. My hair is currently texturized and a couple of months ago I overprocessed 4 inches and so it no longer looks cute in a wash n go. When I take these braids out I am gonna relax the last 8-9 inches straight so that I stop loosing so much hair on the ends from tangling etc. Then I will continue to wear braids/weaves to transition.
I am sorry to hear about the hair lost! Good Luck with your transition!

bellydancer said:
:( I broke down and got a sew in weave for a formal dance yesterday. I just didn't think the phony pony afro puff would go with a white silk suit. I probably won't be in this weave for any longer than 3 weeks (i can't wash it correctly) so when I jump back into the baggie I think I will try the vaseline ends also because I was jus using curl activator and oil. My ends were moisturized, but I need something a little heavier. great challenge!!! I think this challenge is truly going to help me get past bra strap
You should def. try the vaseline. It is da bomb!!

AllAboutTheHair said:
I have been implementing the BandB method while out of braids. I am torn...I want to join the baggie method challenge too, but I don't believe I can. I have to do the Crown and Glory in individuals in March and April. I will be back in the baggie in May.

Hmmmmmmm, maybe I can bun and baggie my braids with a jherri-curl cap and cover with a knee hi, I will probably look like a Tella-Tubby...screw it, I am trying it until June...I am joining the baggie challenge. I love the way my ends feel, I have just been doing this for the last 3 weeks.
Welcome to the challenge! :wave:

DSD since you called me out, I washed and started the baggie last night. I am excited because I have not done it in a while. I will keep you posted. :)

Pics in my album....so far so good! :) I've retained my ends like nobody's business! :) Currently, I'm taking a break from bunning and braiding to let my hair rest, however, I'll be bunning and bagging up next week.

lovelymissyoli said:
Pics in my album....so far so good! :) I've retained my ends like nobody's business! :) Currently, I'm taking a break from bunning and braiding to let my hair rest, however, I'll be bunning and bagging up next week.
You been working that baggie!! Keep up the good work.

Hey DSD

I'm doing a modified baggie method with my sew in. I actually do a whole head baggie at night and I would love to join this challenge also.

Champagne_Wishes said:
I fell off the wagon a couple of times because those phony ponies were painful for me to wear. I'm trying to find an alternative because my ends are starting to look ragged.

this is my situation too. I need to find a pain free hairstyle :(

Thanks DSD, I added the applicator tip to the Surge bottle and this is working well. I put my hair in two ponytails (my favorite protective style) and I cover them with weave hair and a scrunchie. I might even do this when I put my hair in one ponytail.

Back