***Let's Do a Baggie Challenge***

Re: ***Let\'s Do a Baggie Challenge***

Okay so I bought a brown phonybun..like the one DSD uses.

I tried rinsing it my hair color and it didn't work. What can I do to make it blend with my hair, do I have to cover my real hair with a scarf or something? I don't want to be too ghetto...:D

Should I just take it back and stick with the phony pony? /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Does anyone plan on continuing using surge while on this challenge. If so, are you planning on taking your hair down every day to spray the surge on your scalp (more manipulation i think) or to wait until it is time to wash your hair again before surging. I am trying to figure out the best thing to do.

[ QUOTE ]
NewYorkgyrl said:
Does anyone plan on continuing using surge while on this challenge. If so, are you planning on taking your hair down every day to spray the surge on your scalp (more manipulation i think) or to wait until it is time to wash your hair again before surging. I am trying to figure out the best thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I plan on using Surge. I'm just gonna spray it daily on the hair that's expose. I'm sure the Surge will reach down to my scalp. I will try to tilt my head back where it can run throughout my scalp. I will just leave my hair in the baggie, no taking it down. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

okay, so I'm no longer feelin the fake pony tail or bun during the week...can't find one to match my hair /images/graemlins/frown.gif.I want hair growth but not trying to look a hot mess. I think I'm going to try spraying my hair ( the ends, temple and nape specifically, and wearing a shower cap under a satin scarf to bed...still baggie method right?

Well I guess Im in, since this is my 2nd year of the bun challenge (I did the baggie method off and on last year). This will be good to get me consistent with the baggie method.
Now Im off to find more phony ponies and hair scrunchies!

count me in also /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif i love the baggie method /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
LegallySpeaking said:
Last week, someone recommended that if you want some baggie benefits but do not like wearing buns, you could just wear a baggie from the time you get home until you wake up in the morning. My question is ... when doing the baggie method this way, will I have to wash the oils out every morning or is it okay to wait until my regular wash day? My hair is natural and I would be doing it on dry hair. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you will be ok waiting to wash day to wash the oils out.

[ QUOTE ]
Shinka said:
okay, so I'm no longer feelin the fake pony tail or bun during the week...can't find one to match my hair /images/graemlins/frown.gif.I want hair growth but not trying to look a hot mess. I think I'm going to try spraying my hair ( the ends, temple and nape specifically, and wearing a shower cap under a satin scarf to bed...still baggie method right?

[/ QUOTE ]

You poor darling!! I am not feeling the phonies either.

Even though you won't reap all of the benefits of wearing the baggie all day I am sure you will do fine wearing it one you get home. Good Luck!!

Wow! The response to this challenge is incredible!

This is a wonderful way for us to start of the new year!!

Good Luck everyone!!

Sorry I'm late! But count me in too! I am going to take these braids out and get a touch up so as of Monday I will also be down with the baggie challenge. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Count me in also.......DSD or any of the other ladies do you guys know where to get that net that you put over your bun/baggie someone had it before in their album but I can't remember who /images/graemlins/frown.gif. This is cute to go over the baggie if you get one that match your hair color you can wear it weeks at a time..............I so want this/images/graemlins/cry3.gif please help!

<font color="purple">Hey, DSD! You better count me in as well. I'm already doing the Baggie thingy thanx to you. I'm hoping to be at bra clasp length sometime in Spring 2005. You are an inspiriation to have us protect our ends during the winter, and gain length at the same time. God Bless you and merry Xmas!!

BTW, I got a cut off foot from my pantyhose over my baggie thanx to Adrienne. I think that's a great idea. Since I crochet, I'm going to make one of those bun covers to put over my baggie as fashion accessory. Thanx again, DSD! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif </font>

Yeah bun covers! /images/graemlins/clap.gif Where can you buy these I can't crochet /images/graemlins/frown.gif

<font color="purple">You may want to do a search for crochet bun covers since you don't know how to crochet. My mom taught me how since I was 7 or eight years old. </font>

I am only going to wear my baggie in the evening and all night. I slept in it last night and my hair feels moist, but I get the feeling my hair would not love being in a baggie all day 24/7. I can tell it may turn to mush! /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif Hopefully doing the baggie at night will help with my small broekn pieces I have been experiencing.

BY THE WAY.. When I take my baggie off, my hair has a scrunchi look to it. Does this happen to anyone else?

Great!! I am glad you all are joining in! I love the idea about the bun cover. Immo have to find a few.

[ QUOTE ]
mrslee said:
I am only going to wear my baggie in the evening and all night. I slept in it last night and my hair feels moist, but I get the feeling my hair would not love being in a baggie all day 24/7. I can tell it may turn to mush! /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif Hopefully doing the baggie at night will help with my small broekn pieces I have been experiencing.

BY THE WAY.. When I take my baggie off, my hair has a scrunchi look to it. Does this happen to anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is normal, so don't worry!!

See what happens when u go a whole day w/o LHCF?!? /images/graemlins/nono.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I wanted to start a challenge the other day when I figured out how I could be apart of this, but instead I just challenged myself to a 30-day full-time challenge (24/7).

I'm excited about joining /images/graemlins/clap.gif I plan on remaining faithful for at least part of every day /images/graemlins/smile.gif, be it morning or evening. But my goal is to stay in the baggie at long as possible each day /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I love how it leaves my ends hydrated and so curly /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

I am so glad that you want to create this challenge. I'm IN! I just co-washed my hair last night. I am sporting a afro puff phonytail and underneath it is my plastic baggie. I will do this method when I am not in braids.

I'm in but we will take it one month at a time. What I have been using is Saran wrap over my pig/ponytail and then phonytail or bun.

Let's get some (more) hair ladies

[ QUOTE ]
Babygurl said:
Last night I took pictures to show how Im gonna survive this baggie challenge this time. Feel free to take a look!

[/ QUOTE ]

Great ideas Babygurl /images/graemlins/up.gif
Count me in. I will start next week after my touch-up and see how it goes month by month. I think I'm going to sew a weft of hair onto a cut stocking as I have not seen very nice phonytails in the UK.

Back