Anyone else at brastrap feel like their hair is just regular?

Lovelylocs

I can't wait to be waist length. I think watching all of the people on tv, like the Kardashians with their waistlength weaves, makes it harder to wait. It almost makes me want hair extensions badly. But, I can't afford a good weave right now since I'm a student. Plus, I don't want any setbacks.

Do you feel like your brastrap length is just regular?

I feel like my midback is regular and I know I will feel the same when I get to WL lol I won't be happy until I get to HL. You're not alone. Most of us are crazy.

I'm feeling like this, I want to be waist length sooo bad. I've been battling some serious hair anorexia lately, and I also attribute it to those darn Kardashians and their waistlength extentions :swearing:. I've been pretty patient up until this point, I don't know what's gotten into me. I was searching the weave sites yesterday thinking about putting in a sew in to hide my hair for like a year and then unwrap it like a Christmas present to waistlength. :lachen:

Seriously contemplating twirling up in the hair store today :reddancer:. btw I do know how to install my own sew-ins.

Sometimes I can't believe how delusional I was thinking that SL hair was long. I don't suffer from hair anorexia but I won't feel my hair is truly long until it's WL.

:curtain:

I wish I had your length. I would be so happy to have BSL right now, I'll probably do a backflip.:look:

Give a man one gold of mountain, he'll want another. Give him a 2nd gold of mountain and he'll want a 3rd one.

It's human nature to always want more, and to not be content.

I probably wont be happy till my hair reaches the floor.

:curtain:

I wish I had your length. I would be so happy to have BSL right now, I'll probably do a backflip.:look:

Give a man one gold of mountain, he'll want another. Give him a 2nd gold of mountain and he'll want a 3rd one.

It's human nature to always want more, and to not be content.

I probably wont be happy till my hair reaches the floor.

I know I really shouldn't be complaining. It's those darn Kardashians!
:swearing: (just wanted to use < this smilie again) lol! :lachen:

I'm not at BSL, but I am about APL. This time last year, I thought APL was soooo long. Now it seems like I look bald... I think that since I'm so short, I will be content with my goal of MBL (since that's like almost half the length of my body) but I doubt I will be completely satisfied until then!

Well my hair shrinks a lot.

BSL hair= neck length WnG = SL braid/twist out

I do feel that BSL is not long hair yet. BTW, about half of the non Black women have BSL hair or longer.

I'm not at BSL, but I am about APL. This time last year, I thought APL was soooo long. Now it seems like I look bald... I think that since I'm so short, I will be content with my goal of MBL (since that's like almost half the length of my body) but I doubt I will be completely satisfied until then!

I remember feeling like this, too. I thought armpit length would be good enough and that brastrap would be like wow. Some posters who were already APL and longer were saying how it wasn't long enough. When I reached APL, I felt the same way. To me, APL is medium length these days. Brastrap is kind of long. And waistlength is long.

I know, right? :perplexed

I really thought I was doing something with 12 inches of hair, :lachen:

Now I'm hoping for 20 inches... I cut it down to 10 (now between SL/APL) so I have a long ways to go.

I want MBL. Two weeks ago, it was BSL... Being on this site a LOT this past week, I want MBL :yep:

I'm feeling like this, I want to be waist length sooo bad. I've been battling some serious hair anorexia lately, and I also attribute it to those darn Kardashians and their waistlength extentions :swearing:. I've been pretty patient up until this point, I don't know what's gotten into me. I was searching the weave sites yesterday thinking about putting in a sew in to hide my hair for like a year and then unwrap it like a Christmas present to waistlength. :lachen:

Seriously contemplating twirling up in the hair store today :reddancer:. btw I do know how to install my own sew-ins.

How many tracks do you think we would need to go from brastrap to waistlength?

To me, APL is medium length these days. Brastrap is kind of long. And waistlength is long.

This is how I feel, too, but it's just so funny because people in the real world think having hair past SL is long! My mom feigns over my hair every time I wash it and am stretching it into braids. And my sister-in-law was doing my hair once and called me Rapunzel. I was like wtf? I'm not even APL yet!

I want MBL. Two weeks ago, it was BSL... Being on this site a LOT this past week, I want MBL :yep:
Being on this site will DEF change your mind. I thought APL would be good and then BSL would be more than enough (like I said, I am short, and was and still am afraid of looking like walking hair) but I began drooling at all the MBL ladies and changed my mind. I also didn't take into consideration the amount of shrinkage I'd get, so now I know I will probably have to go to MBL just to get a decent shrunken length, since I don't plan on being a straight-haired natural.

Girl people keep commenting on how long my hair has gotten and I just don't see it. It doesn't even feel that much longer. It's to my waist in the back. I guess I thought it would look like more hair. I'm happy though don't get me wrong. And still trying to see how long it will l grow. My hair is natural though so it never looks as long as it is.

This is how I feel, too, but it's just so funny because people in the real world think having hair past SL is long! My mom feigns over my hair every time I wash it and am stretching it into braids. And my sister-in-law was doing my hair once and called me Rapunzel. I was like wtf? I'm not even APL yet!

Being on this site will DEF change your mind. I thought APL would be good and then BSL would be more than enough (like I said, I am short, and was and still am afraid of looking like walking hair) but I began drooling at all the MBL ladies and changed my mind. I also didn't take into consideration the amount of shrinkage I'd get, so now I know I will probably have to go to MBL just to get a decent shrunken length, since I don't plan on being a straight-haired natural.

This is me as well. I'm not short, though. I'm tall and so APL just seems so puny to me :ohwell: I also have fine hair so I get hair anorexia with the quickness.

I don't plan on straightening my hair either because of its fine texture. I need my hair to be as big as possible. :yep: I think thicker hair/higher density girls can get away with a lot more in terms of length.

How many tracks do you think we would need to go from brastrap to waistlength?

Girl I'm thinkin' about buyin' myself a pack and a half of 18" wet n' wavy!

or we can put in some clip in's, in this case we'll only need like 3 tracks placed in the back of the head starting behind the ear. Since we're placing it in the back of our head we'll only need 14" or 16" for it to look waistlength.

This is me as well. I'm not short, though. I'm tall and so APL just seems so puny to me :ohwell: I also have fine hair so I get hair anorexia with the quickness.

I don't plan on straightening my hair either because of its fine texture. I need my hair to be as big as possible. :yep: I think thicker hair/higher density girls can get away with a lot more in terms of length.

I completely agree! I have fine hair too, and it seems like since fine hair doesn't get as big as thick hair, it seems shorter to me, so I definitely won't be straightening much because I want my hair to look deceptively biggggg!

I remember feeling like this, too. I thought armpit length would be good enough and that brastrap would be like wow. Some posters who were already APL and longer were saying how it wasn't long enough. When I reached APL, I felt the same way. To me, APL is medium length these days. Brastrap is kind of long. And waistlength is long.

I saw a white girl with a blunt cut apl length today and I thought her hair was the perfect length. She was even long waisted (short legs though) and it didn't look that long on her, but it was a real cute length.

Maybe I will feel different when I get there, but apl is my goal. I don't want to get into the lengths where you have to start doing things like washing in braids, etc.

I saw a white girl with a blunt cut apl length today and I thought her hair was the perfect length. She was even long waisted (short legs though) and it didn't look that long on her, but it was a real cute length.

Maybe I will feel different when I get there, but apl is my goal. I don't want to get into the lengths where you have to start doing things like washing in braids, etc.

I don't wash in braids now and I didn't wash in braids when I was natural. Don't let that stop you from growing you some hair! You could always grow and then cut it if you feel like it's too much.

Girl, totally feel u! I'm BSL + and will definitely be MBL by the end of the year and all I can think abt is WL! How, even after a rollerset my curls will just cascade over the girls, lol. When I first got on here I thought ppl were crazy for wanting these "stripper" lengths and that i would be estatic w/ BSL... what in the world has happened to me?!

I don't wash in braids now and I didn't wash in braids when I was natural. Don't let that stop you from growing you some hair! You could always grow and then cut it if you feel like it's too much.

I'm starting to think that as long as I'm on this site, my hair will never be too much :lachen:

I'm starting to think that as long as I'm on this site, my hair will never be too much :lachen:

HAHA I KNOW longer than HL will be too much. Long hair is heavy! Plus my mom says she will cut my hair in my sleep if it's longer than WL:nono:

ETA: She doesn't think extra long hair is cute. She says we just want it to grow for the sake of growing so I said....and? so what? lol

I can't wait to be waist length. I think watching all of the people on tv, like the Kardashians with their waistlength weaves, makes it harder to wait. It almost makes me want hair extensions badly. But, I can't afford a good weave right now since I'm a student. Plus, I don't want any setbacks.

Do you feel like your brastrap length is just regular?

Why don't you make some clip in extensions until u get there? Cheap and easy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LsPGSH3v7U&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCp3pKOzASY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4LWpv9Y3N4&feature=related

This!! I believe when I reach bsl I will be content but to me apl is kinda of short :look:Lmao @ stripper length:lachen::lachen:

HAHA I KNOW longer than HL will be too much. Long hair is heavy! Plus my mom says she will cut my hair in my sleep if it's longer than WL:nono:

ETA: She doesn't think extra long hair is cute. She says we just want it to grow for the sake of growing so I said....and? so what? lol

My mom is starting to become a believer. At first she looked at me like I was crazy when I told her about the supplements I was taking (she's a nurse). But, my hair is getting/looking better. She has stopped talking to me about relaxing my hair :yep:

I'm trying to master protective styling now. Even if I look busted/'po for the time being when I go out, it is absolutely necessary for me to keep my hair away from my hands as much as possible. I keep reminding myself of my goals.

Is it so bad that I'm thankful that I don't have a boyfriend so I don't have to worry about my hair looking cute so I can grow it out? :lachen:

I think I am little different. I would be content with my longer that BSL, shorter than MBL hair, if my hair was thicker. I have fine strands, so it doesn't seem long to me. Plus I have always had what others considered "long" hair. IDK. I hate to sound ungrateful. But thicker hair would be nice.

Back