Am I Doing Too Much Or No? Update- I Ran Into Interview Bae At An Event Today

He never seemed to like me in that way. I am used to men I can read. His poker face game is strong. So, I was just happy to go out, LOL! He said he knew we would always be together and was waiting for the right time!

LMBO, at 35 years later! Girl, what are you going to name the dog? Hahaha!

That's actually very sexy, to know a man was waiting & biding his time to get you but frustrating! Like what you waiting on *****?! Why did I have to bust out my flip flops for you to get some act right :bat:

I think Leo is a good name but I suposse I can let interview bae pick :rolleyes:

Make sure you wear a nice juicy shiny gloss on top of your lipstick :giggle:
1e2545ec69618ef75b01f7251ab523d9.gif

Any day now!
Op what are you wearing?

I'm not sure...I have a few outfit ideas but I don't want to look like I'm dressing for a date but I don't want to be too professional either you know?

I was contemplating wearing black distressed boyfriend jeans with a black blazer over a v neck shirt & tan booties.

Or these high waist black pants with a crop top sweater that shows a smidge of skin & knee high flat boots.

I'm not sure...I have a few outfit ideas but I don't want to look like I'm dressing for a date but I don't want to be too professional either you know?

I was contemplating wearing black distressed boyfriend jeans with a black blazer over a v neck shirt & tan booties.

Or these high waist black pants with a crop top sweater that shows a smidge of skin & knee high flat boots.
These outfits sound "girl pretty"
Wear a dress!!
And good luck

For some reason OP I feel a shift dress works better as you look professional yet it shows of your shape. What do you ladies think?

PS putting in my proposal to be a bridesmaid :)

Adding you to the list :laugh:

These outfits sound "girl pretty"
Wear a dress!!
And good luck

I really did think about a dress & I have a banging shift dress too..but it's cold :cry3:

Suck it up! :bighug:A hug so you know I'm not being mean. Just saying.

:laugh: I actually just checked the forecast and it'll be 55 :sekret: so I don't have an excuse.

I agree to look semi-professional. But show some curves. Nice legs? Show 'em. I love a pencil skirt.

I thought about a pencil skirt too :scratchchin:

I guess I'm just going to have to play with some different fits.

So there is this man I've had my eye one for about a year now, he is a very successful business man and really making moves in my city and I've been trying to figure out a way to approach him other than just popping into his place of business or hoping I'll randomly see him out.

What do y'all think?

Is this how they met in 50 Shades of Grey? :) LOL

Do you know anything about him other than his local notoriety? What do you want from this encounter? Do you want a date?a relationship? Good call not to approach him while tipsy......I would personally prefer to meet him in a work setting than at a club!

If a man is interested, he'll make his move even in a professional setting.

Is this how they met in 50 Shades of Grey? :) LOL

Do you know anything about him other than his local notoriety? What do you want from this encounter? Do you want a date?a relationship? Good call not to approach him while tipsy......I would personally prefer to meet him in a work setting than at a club!

If a man is interested, he'll make his move even in a professional setting.

This is exactly how they met on 50 shades :giggle: but I'm pulling a bit of a scam & she had innocent intentions.

Oh...good question... I really only know what I've seen on social media & the brief interaction I had with him about a year ago.

He's very involved in the community & philantropy, he played ball at a D-1 school and looking back at his older pictures I assume he was a bit of the player type, he seems like the hometown hero type. Very well known & popular.

He was off & on with his ex before finally calling it quits for good but he's private on that aspect of his life, I just know that info from other people.

Ideally a relationship would be nice but I realize I've hyped him up a bit in my mind so I might not like him at all when it comes down to it so a date would be nice just to get a feel for him outside of this crush haze.

I'm glad you asked those questions...I haven't quite broken it down like yet that even in my own head.

Last edited:
So there is this man I've had my eye one for about a year now, he is a very successful business man and really making moves in my city and I've been trying to figure out a way to approach him other than just popping into his place of business or hoping I'll randomly see him out.

I'm working on my MBA and one of our upcoming projects includes interviewing an entrepreneur , and my first thought was him, in my mind it's a legit "IN" and I can have a real conversation and pick his brain for a prolonged period of time versus if I just go into his shop and try to finesse him with a pretty face and big booty.

I mentioned this idea to a friend of mine and she said "you're doing too much, you shouldn't be chasing him because it's a man's job to pursue us and God will open that door if it's meant to be and you could potentially be "awakening love before it's time" and women have been conditioned to chase when it's a man's job to find us....etc etc etc.

I guess I can see how it's a little over the top but I figure if nothing else I will get some good info for my project and from here on out I can create a rapport with him instead of just being a random girl in the crowd vying for his attention.

What do y'all think?
I think it's a great idea. I don't believe that God will lead someone's future husband to their doorstep. So, your friend can say that all day but it doesn't make it true. If I were to assume your friend is a Christian, here's a scripture that completely refutes her statement: I have observed something else under the sun. The fastest runner doesn't always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn't always win the battle. The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don't always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time.

You still have to set yourself up to be in certain surroundings and I do believe this can increase your odds of being in the right place at the right time.

I think it's a great idea. I don't believe that God will lead someone's future husband to their doorstep. So, your friend can say that all day but it doesn't make it true. If I were to assume your friend is a Christian, here's a scripture that completely refutes her statement: I have observed something else under the sun. The fastest runner doesn't always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn't always win the battle. The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don't always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time.

You still have to set yourself up to be in certain surroundings and I do believe this can increase your odds of being in the right place at the right time.

Yes she is a Christian & an AVID dater
which is why I found her comments to be a little off but I totally agree with you, God isn't going to deliver this particular man to my doorstep, especially if he doesn't even know I'm alive.

I really like that scripture :scratchchin: it makes me think my "team too much" approach is going to work out exactly how I want it to.

Back