Am I Doing Too Much Or No? Update- I Ran Into Interview Bae At An Event Today

@UniquelyDivine I love your game plan. Perfect. This gives you a chance to get to know him and see if he's worth your time and this gives him an opportunity to ask you out either during the interview or the very near future.

Excellent strategy IMO! I will be checking back for updates :)

Thank you! :laugh: I thought I was pretty clever, I'll be right back in here to update after it's all over :bdance:

keep it professional then when you next see him turn on the flirty charm
ask him good professional networking venues or the best better yet his favorite happy
hour spot then camp out there :beach:

I thought about just giving him by business card & asking him to let me know when his networking event is but I would prefer to catch him in a low key nonbusiness setting.

tell him even if you aren't quite the right fit for the position you would love him as a mentor :look: :assimilate:
OP OBEY YOUR THIRST:amen:

:laugh: :laugh:
giphy.gif

I like that suggestion, I am rather parched.

They get used for sex and other relationship benefits without the title. Maybe friends with benefits is more accurate.

But what is OP doing that you think is a set up for her to get used in any way? Here to interview you for my mba= jump off? She's not asking him out, shes just positioning herself so that he knows she exists and is pretty, smart, charming, etc... I think OP's plan is perfect. And I don't think her dignity will be compromised at all , as long as she doesn't walk in, sit down, and go:

But what is OP doing that you think is a set up for her to get used in any way? Here to interview you for my mba= jump off? She's not asking him out, shes just positioning herself so that he knows she exists and is pretty, smart, charming, etc... I think OP's plan is perfect. And I don't think her dignity will be compromised at all , as long as she doesn't walk in, sit down, and go:

For me, it's just not my style, more yin, less yang. I like for men to do all of the work.

:lachen:So that line won't work? Damn :(:lachen:I could just cut to the chase, I remember it working for ol buddy.

I took her post to mean women don't get friend zoned, but they get put in the friends with benefits zone.

Not towards OP just the meaning of the post.

Oh!!!! Do tell!

It was my first day at my first big girl job. I was on a tour of the huge campus and somehow got lost. I was wandering around and literally bumped into the most gorgeous guy I'd ever seen. I saw on his badge that he worked in engineering and the gears started turning. At this job all of the interns were assigned to different divisions so when I got back to our area I made sure to claim engineering first. Everyone wanted the engineering division and I came up with some reason why I should have it and also declined to share it with anyone :look:

I interviewed him for some BS article I was writing which lead to us spending some alone time together at a project. Next day he calls me and asks me to come to his office. I was thinking OMG I flirted too much and now I'm in trouble. I get there and he had lunch for me and we sit and talk for a while. The next morning he brings me a coffee and asks if he can take me on a date. I had no plans but I told him I'd have to check my schedule and get back to him but inside I was like yessss, my plan worked! :lol:

Last edited:
It was my first day at my first big girl job. I was on a tour of the huge campus and somehow got lost. I was wandering around and literally bumped into the most gorgeous guy I'd ever seen. I saw on his badge that he worked in engineering and the gears started turning. At this job all of the interns were assigned to different departments so when I got back to our area I made sure to claim the engineering section first. Everyone wanted the engineering division and I came up with some reason why I should have it and also declined to share it with anyone :look:

I interviewed him for some BS article I was writing which lead to us spending some alone time together at a project. Next day he calls me and asks me to come to his office. I was thinking OMG I flirted too much and now I'm in trouble. I get there and he had lunch for me and we sit and talk for a while. The morning he brings me a coffee and asks if he can take me on a date. I had no plans but I told him I'd have to check my schedule and get back to him but inside I was like yessss, my plan worked! :lol:
I like that story! It's something I would do. I'm all for positioning. If nothing else I get to see if he's worth me liking. :look:

It was my first day at my first big girl job. I was on a tour of the huge campus and somehow got lost. I was wandering around and literally bumped into the most gorgeous guy I'd ever seen. I saw on his badge that he worked in engineering and the gears started turning. At this job all of the interns were assigned to different departments so when I got back to our area I made sure to claim the engineering section first. Everyone wanted the engineering division and I came up with some reason why I should have it and also declined to share it with anyone :look:

I interviewed him for some BS article I was writing which lead to us spending some alone time together at a project. Next day he calls me and asks me to come to his office. I was thinking OMG I flirted too much and now I'm in trouble. I get there and he had lunch for me and we sit and talk for a while. The morning he brings me a coffee and asks if he can take me on a date. I had no plans but I told him I'd have to check my schedule and get back to him but inside I was like yessss, my plan worked! :lol:

Ooooooh well played!! :clapping: I love hearing about women making strategic moves, the men have no idea they're falling right into our trap:assimilate:

Literally, all that you're doing is positioning yourself.
Nothing about that is thirsty. I "position" myself when I want attention from someone specific. Its always worked for me. Men are easy like Sunday morning.
I don't trust your friend's advice. Sometimes even your besties can get a little salty. Sad, but true. And before the "omg everyone is not a hater, i am so offended omg omg" brigade comes thru, yah, but sometimes its as simple as that. Forget her advice.
She's one of those that sits up in church waiting for God to push a man across her path. Bye :wave:

Literally, all that you're doing is positioning yourself.
Nothing about that is thirsty. I "position" myself when I want attention from someone specific. Its always worked for me. Men are easy like Sunday morning.
I don't trust your friend's advice. Sometimes even your besties can get a little salty. Sad, but true. And before the "omg everyone is not a hater, i am so offended omg omg" brigade comes thru, yah, but sometimes its as simple as that. Forget her advice.
She's one of those that sits up in church waiting for God to push a man across her path. Bye :wave:

:look: I've been feeling the same way, I don't believe God is going to drop a man in my lap if I'm staying at home sitting on my hands, especially if there is a specific one I'm checking for.

What's really interesting is that she's the one that pointed him out to me last year & said she thought I would like him but now I'm doing too much.....

I've haven't mentioned to her that I actually have an interview set up with him either, she'll know it all worked out when I send her a wedding invite

giphy.gif

OP, I did know my SO before he became my SO but I think positioning is fine. I actually asked my SO to be my wing man because I was looking to meet someone in our community. He agreed and made me his girlfriend a week later. I had no idea he liked me and I thought he and I were going to be besties. He laughs all the time at my naivete in thinking he'd take me out and not make me his lady. He basically did like that dude in the Tom Hanks movie "Look at me, you're my lady now!" :lachen:

BTW, I like soft pink for my bridesmaid color and I request the first child (regardless of gender) be named after me. :2inlove::oops::p I am non-negotiable on that!

Last edited:
OP, I did know my SO before he became my SO but I think positioning is fine. I actually asked my SO to be my wing man because I was looking to meet someone in our community. He agreed and made me his girlfriend a week later. I had no idea he liked me and I thought he and I were going to be besties. He laughs all the time at my naivete in thinking he'd take me out and not make me his lady. He basically did like that dude in the Tom Cruise movie "Look at me, you're my lady now!" :lachen:

BTW, I like soft pink for my bridesmaid color and I request the first child (regardless of gender) be named after me. :2inlove::oops::p I am non-negotiable on that!

How cute! You fell right into his evil plans :2inlove::angeldevil:

Omgheee! I actually did pick pink as one of our wedding colors :laugh: :sekret: Things are already working out in my favor....if only this poor man knew the plotting that was going on right now :curtain:

How cute! You fell right into his evil plans :2inlove::angeldevil:

Omgheee! I actually did pick pink as one of our wedding colors :laugh: :sekret: Things are already working out in my favor....if only this poor man knew the plotting that was going on right now :curtain:

I did, right? I friend zoned him so hard when he invited me to the movies. So much so I wore my cutest flip-flops. When he dropped off we chatted forever and a day. I was giggling about something and he kissed me long and hard.

He told me "You friendzoned me so hard I had to let you know that I always liked you." He said "I had never seen you in flip-flops outside of the West Indian Day Parade so I knew I had to do something to show you how I felt." I still swoon over that.

Girl, pink is my color! I will be svelte by your wedding day. This plotting is fun!

Last edited:
I did, right? I friend zoned him so hard when he invited me to the movies. So much so I wore my cutest flip-flops. When he dropped off we chatted forever and a day. I was giggling about something and he kissed me long and hard.

He told me "You friendzoned me so hard I had to let you know that I always liked you." He said "I had never seen you in flip-flops outside of the West Indian Day Parade so I knew I had to do something too show you how I felt." I still swoon over that.

Girl, pink is my color! I will be svelte by your wedding day. This plotting is fun!

Ohhhhhhhh SWOOON indeed! I'm rolling at the fact he clocked your flip flops :laugh: Why did you friend zone him?

It is :giggle: I figure I'll tell interview bae the truth after we are old & gray with 2.5 kids, 7 grandkids and a brindle colored French bulldog.

We'll be laying in our hammock swinging in the tropical breeze at our Jamaican vacation home when I drop the bomb.

"Honey....I have a confession....I scammed you 35 years ago...I didn't contact you for a school interview, as a matter of fact I never even used that interview for anything other than for you to fall under my spell ...sorry not sorry"

tenor.gif

Ohhhhhhhh SWOOON indeed! I'm rolling at the fact he clocked your flip flops :laugh: Why did you friend zone him?

It is :giggle: I figure I'll tell interview bae the truth after we are old & gray with 2.5 kids, 7 grandkids and a brindle colored French bulldog.

We'll be laying in our hammock swinging in the tropical breeze at our Jamaican vacation home when I drop the bomb.

"Honey....I have a confession....I scammed you 35 years ago...I didn't contact you for a school interview, as a matter of fact I never even used that interview for anything other than for you to fall under my spell ...sorry not sorry"

tenor.gif

He never seemed to like me in that way. I am used to men I can read. His poker face game is strong. So, I was just happy to go out, LOL! He said he knew we would always be together and was waiting for the right time!

LMBO, at 35 years later! Girl, what are you going to name the dog? Hahaha!

Back