Am I Doing Too Much Or No? Update- I Ran Into Interview Bae At An Event Today

I do actually know one of his business partners but he has a crush on me so I don't think that's the best route and yes he does!

He is a big mover and shaker within the city but I don't know anyone else that he hangs out with, I did think about the business relationship part/platonic aspect of it all because this is not a sexy approach but I figured if I come looking sophisticated and fly I can reduce the fuddy duddy aspect. The questions I have in mind are both on a professional and personal tip so I can attempt to steer it away from strictly business.

Considering you're getting your MBA.. and I assume you will be starting a business soon, I would play for the social circle and the man.
Keep on updating us!

he is he could be the consummate professional,
It's his business he can be as unprofessional as he wants lol. Also I won't overtly flirt I'd just act like I came to do business and thought he was a regular employee who can help me, lock eyes, smile, and if he doesn't bite then hasta la vista.

The first paragraph, to me, says that once he's not a jerk he may be a long term thing. So I think.on that alone let him chase you.

With the interview you won't be overtly chasing but a male entrepreneur usually has some sort of ego already so he'd already know you read up on him and was impressed enough to interview him then he'd be walking around thinking he's the prize. However that's how my mind works, everyone's style is different.

Because HE does not know your true intention, it will not appear as though you are chasing him from his perspective.

You are putting yourself in his line of sight as a professional and not just some thirsty chick. if he is interested outside your project, he'll pick up the chase.

Because HE does not know your true intention, it will not appear as though you are chasing him from his perspective.

You are putting yourself in his line of sight as a professional and not just some thirsty chick. if he is interested outside your project, he'll pick up the chase.

This. I think the interview is positioning and not thirsty at all, IMO. It's so common that MBAs ask, network, and talk to other business folks that no one bats an eyelid. In fact, the guy in question will be flattered.

It's not as if she's proposing to him + she can actually get to know him better to see if she actually likes him.

Make sure that during the interview you make a lot of eye contact and laugh easily at his jokes (if he makes any). Think of really engaging open ended questions that will get him talking (some that you will use for your project and others for your own personal knowledge) so that you can kind of guage what type of person he is without him knowing it. This is a good opportunity to rule out whether he's even worth your time and get your project done all at once. LOL!

I went ahead and messaged him and he hit me back within 15 minutes

giphy.gif

I'll be meeting with him later this week :gorgeous:

Make sure that during the interview you make a lot of eye contact and laugh easily at his jokes (if he makes any). Think of really engaging open ended questions that will get him talking (some that you will use for your project and others for your own personal knowledge) so that you can kind of guage what type of person he is without him knowing it. This is a good opportunity to rule out whether he's even worth your time and get your project done all at once. LOL!

I have all my professional questions pretty much set in stone but I was trying to think of personal questions I can ask without making it too obvious, I'll have to think on those a little while longer.

I definitely don't want to be a dry, boring interview, because he gets interviewed all the time.

"How do maintain a work/life balance as an entrepreneur?"

Open ended and you get to find out what his interests are (so you can better stalk him) and what and who he values (so you can decide if he is worth you continuing to stalk him)
It also allows you to throw in "oh, wow! I also love to go white shark hunting in Alaska!" (Or whatever. You get the idea). You've just done a segue.

I firmly belive this falls under positioning. MBA's do this all the time, so it shouldn't be a big deal and you hit two birds with one stone. It's bidness lol. Make sure you look popping for the interview and report back! Even if nothing pops off at the interview you could build a rapport and when you see him again it will be all love.

"How do maintain a work/life balance as an entrepreneur?"

Open ended and you get to find out what his interests are (so you can better stalk him) and what and who he values (so you can decide if he is worth you continuing to stalk him)
It also allows you to throw in "oh, wow! I also love to go white shark hunting in Alaska!" (Or whatever. You get the idea). You've just done a segue.

I like that! Adding it to my list of Q's.

I firmly belive this falls under positioning. MBA's do this all the time, so it shouldn't be a big deal and you hit two birds with one stone. It's bidness lol. Make sure you look popping for the interview and report back! Even if nothing pops off at the interview you could build a rapport and when you see him again it will be all love.

This a part of my strategic plans, be cute & professional with a tinge of flirting & the next time I see him I'll have no qualms about approaching him because the ice has been broken. No more lusting from the sidelines :laugh:

giphy.gif

Yay!!

I'm rooting for you. Can't wait to hear the update!

Thank you boo! I gasped when I saw his response, definitely wasn't expecting it to pop off so quickly :giggle: :eek:

I actually think choosing him to interview and having a legit reason to be in his face, would come across less thirsty and be more effective than randomly showing up at his business to flirt. I don't think you're in danger of being friend zoned at all by this MAN, especially if you put out the right signals during the interview.

I agree with this. You have a legit reason to be in his face and all you have to do is show up looking extra good, but maintain professionalism. If he's interested he'll find a way to ask you out. I think this situation would be the perfect example of positioning.

I don't know if I misread... But what's this 'friend zone' talk? I know what friend zone means.....but if OP ends up there...that's is where he wants her to be. If she tries to force herself out of the friend zone....things could get ugly. OP let him choose you. Position yourself as everyone mentioned...be alluring, be sexy but be professional. If he wants you...as a successful business man...he will let you know. One tip: Do not wear ANY rings...none, nada, not even a pinky ring.

I don't even understand this friend zone talk. It's really a non issue, cause it is super easy to get out of that with a man unless he's married, gay, thinks you're ugly, etc.... Basically if you end up there with a man its for a good reason, and it's best not to push further. Women are the ones friend zoning folks for no good reason.

I agree with theresa and @Mai Tai

I don't even understand this friend zone talk. It's really a non issue, cause it is super easy to get out of that with a man unless he's married, gay, thinks you're ugly, etc.... Basically if you end up there with a man its for a good reason, and it's best not to push further. Women are the ones friend zoning folks for no good reason.

Can you expand on this?

I don't know if I misread... But what's this 'friend zone' talk? I know what friend zone means.....but if OP ends up there...that's is where he wants her to be. If she tries to force herself out of the friend zone....things could get ugly. OP let him choose you. Position yourself as everyone mentioned...be alluring, be sexy but be professional. If he wants you...as a successful business man...he will let you know. One tip: Do not wear ANY rings...none, nada, not even a pinky ring.

I have a habit of wearing a ring to ward off pests lol but I made sure to take it off now so I won't slip & forget the day I meet with him.

I was a bit thrown off by this as well, I've never been friend zoned by a man I was interested in & since we don't have any business dealings there is no need for him to try & keep it strictly business either. I feel like all single men, no matter how professional, can be swayed by a pretty & alluring woman.

And I already know he's a Leo from my stalking so all I have to do is stroke his ego a little bit.

Last edited:
Thank you! I kept thinking to myself, "women get friend zoned? " I've only seen it happen with unattractive women tbh, so I don't think OP has to worry about that. His approach might not be as direct, but if he wants her, he will go get her.

Swayed into a relationship or a casual fling? There's been a big difference and if you're discussing the latter than disregard my opinion. I'm very strategic/precise with my methods so that's why I said that.

Last edited:
Swayed into a relationship or a casual fling? There's been a big difference and if you're discussing the latter than disregard my opinion. I'm very strategic/precise with my methods so that's why I said that.

From what I've observed in my research he seems to be more of a relationship type but I could be wrong of course, never know what folks do behind closed doors :sekret:

I just meant swayed as in a pretty & alluring woman doesn't face the same silly obstacles that we woman put in front of men we friend zone so even if he had in it his mind that he will keep it strictly business that could be easily overcome if he is the least bit intrigued. Unless of course he found me ugly & just downright unnapealling but I've never dealt with that.....at least not to my knowledge

joanne-scammer-ugly.gif

Last edited:
So yes to this? :laugh: My only issue is the showing interest part, it's a professional interview so I have to ride a fine line with flirting. Or do I? That's the only part I'm like hmmmmm :scratchchin:on

keep it professional then when you next see him turn on the flirty charm
ask him good professional networking venues or the best better yet his favorite happy
hour spot then camp out there :beach:

Back