3 MONTH BAGGY CHALLENGE

I would like to join I have been doing this method about 4-5 x's a week w/ BT & Vatika oil.:) (whole head)

Last edited:
Darkempress Did you use anything special to help gain that length? Like did you use a Topical Growth Aide? or You just let the Baggy & Moisturizer do it's work?

Thanks!

UGH! I'm so struggling with this BIG TIME!!! I got some good tips on another thread, so I'm hangin in there by a thread...LOL! Honestly I hate it though LOL!

:weird: :weird: Did the whole head baggy on my 12 year old daughter...and WOW! She has very, very, did I say very thick hair, that's usually pretty dry. Well not any more, baby!:dance7: I moisturized her hair and ends THOROUGHLY with my Cantu moisterizer & Castor oil mix & this morining........SILKY, SOFT hair fell outta that baggy and laid so neatly passed her shoulders!:eek: :grin: She was in love!;) Thanks Darkempress! Your new pledgie thanks u too!;)

Check out my baggying method in my signature!

I baggyed my 3 ponytails at first, took my long bath, then I did my pincurls (with my white sponge rollers) and decided hey what the heck lets see if I can baggy that?! I rolled my hair up put my silk scarf on then put the shower cap on top, then put another larger silk scarf tie on top of the shower cap and this morning I have amazing results:grin: No shedding at all and I love the way my hair is so silky.

At first it was a little damp but I gave it some time tobreathe before doing my pincurls and I am truly impressed and loving the results. I may up the notch to at 5-6x per week:p

ok, i'm late on joining this challange, but its all good since i've been baggying my hair with oils and moisturizers on and off again nightly since january. I get consistant for a few weeks, and then for a week or two i'll skip baggying and just sleep in my bonnet (not for any particular reason, when i'm not bagging, its because i'm lazy, thats all:ohwell: ) I've noticed a lot of growth from doing this (when i'm consistant). The hair in the back seems to be thickening up very well and over all, the health of my hair is improved. I think i need to get back consistant for at least 3 months!!!

Question:
For those of you who baggy the whole head how do you do this? Do you moisturize and seal the ends and then wrap /or cross wrap the hair and then put on baggy and scarf (or vice versa)???? I am wanting to do my whole head for now until I go to bed but have no clue how to do it

autumnbeauty29 said:
Question:
For those of you who baggy the whole head how do you do this? Do you moisturize and seal the ends and then wrap /or cross wrap the hair and then put on baggy and scarf (or vice versa)???? I am wanting to do my whole head for now until I go to bed but have no clue how to do it
You sound like you got it. I try not to make my baggying process difficult or stressful. I have a husband and a 4 year old for that! LOL
One poster said she puts slits in her cap to get rid of the moisture that builds up overnight.
DE suggested not to wrap because it thins the hair. I plat mine down after i've used my products, put the baggy on (get the air out), tie on my silk scarf and go bed! Don't worry about the crumpling sound. LOL. The first couple of nights I had to remind myself that it was the baggy and not some critter that made his way into my house.

Take care and good luck!

NappyParadise said:
Darkempress Did you use anything special to help gain that length? Like did you use a Topical Growth Aide? or You just let the Baggy & Moisturizer do it's work?

Thanks!
NO I JUST HAVE REALLY FAST GROWTH. BAGGYING HAS HELPED ME TO KEEP MY ENDS IN SHAPE AND ALSO KEEP THE HAIR MOISTURIZED, BUT AS GROWTH AIDS GO I DONT USE ANY B/C I'M NOT GOOD AT REMEMBERING TO TAKE VITS OR PUTTING TOPICAL AIDS....SO I JUST STICK TO THE BASICS:)

Every single day iwear my hair in the same style. I was wondering after reading one post if i have been doing the baggying method...I always moisturise my ends and 2 or 3 plait a french plaits when i get to the end i remoisturise it then(which has now been taking longer)i twist it back up inside the braid so there is no hair hanging out....is this the baggying method?

queenbee8687 said:
Every single day iwear my hair in the same style. I was wondering after reading one post if i have been doing the baggying method...I always moisturise my ends and 2 or 3 plait a french plaits when i get to the end i remoisturise it then(which has now been taking longer)i twist it back up inside the braid so there is no hair hanging out....is this the baggying method?

Queenbee8687~You are ALMOST there. To make the baggy method complete you need to actual bag the head by covering your hair with a plastic cap or saran wrap(some ladies use this).

AllyBam said:
You sound like you got it. I try not to make my baggying process difficult or stressful. I have a husband and a 4 year old for that! LOL
One poster said she puts slits in her cap to get rid of the moisture that builds up overnight.
DE suggested not to wrap because it thins the hair. I plat mine down after i've used my products, put the baggy on (get the air out), tie on my silk scarf and go bed! Don't worry about the crumpling sound. LOL. The first couple of nights I had to remind myself that it was the baggy and not some critter that made his way into my house.

Take care and good luck!

Girl I try my best not to make it difficult and try not to over moisturize because sometimes I can get heavy handed. Right now I am wearing my hair in curls (rolled up at night with long white sponge rollers and I sleep with the baggy on). I remember what you ladies said about wrapping breaking the hair so this works great for me and I am still able to do my style. This works great because I'm able to do baggying and incorporate my style:grin:

Oh yeah.. the crumpling sound took some getting used to for me too LOL

Okay I am having the itchies so my hair must be growing sumthin fierce!!!! I am going on day 4 and I feel great LOL!!!!!! It is becoming a habit now if I could exercise to be that way LOL!!!!!!!!

Anyone else got the itchies from the baggy method?

I know its late but Im willing to try the baggie challange. I will baggie do it 5 days a week. i will altenate between the bun and the whole head.

NappyParadise said:
Okay I am having the itchies so my hair must be growing sumthin fierce!!!! I am going on day 4 and I feel great LOL!!!!!! It is becoming a habit now if I could exercise to be that way LOL!!!!!!!!

Anyone else got the itchies from the baggy method?

Mine is itching also!.. but I only poo or cowash once a week so that may be the reason. I am thinking about cowashing tomorrow before my clarifying poo on tuesday.

So far so good! This Baggy method is a charm LOL!! Iwent to the BSS And found me some Plastic Caps without the stretchy band and I was so happy because that stretchy band was driving me crazy LOL!! & they were a Little Pricey because they were 4 for $1.00 so you know these will be Re-usable just like the others, I tried the Plastic Grocery Bags but they were to big for my Head and I just couldn't get it right LOL!!!!

But my hair is soft and when I went outside it was just Full of Sheen!!!!

NappyParadise said:
So far so good! This Baggy method is a charm LOL!! Iwent to the BSS And found me some Plastic Caps without the stretchy band and I was so happy because that stretchy band was driving me crazy LOL!! & they were a Little Pricey because they were 4 for $1.00
But my hair is soft and when I went outside it was just Full of Sheen!!!!

WHERE DID YOU FIND THE ONES WITHOUT THE STRETCHIES??? Its killing me too

On another note I've done it 3 days this week and today LOL when I took my hair down I had to laugh at myself I must have stuck both my hands in that oil moisturizer and castor last night because my hair was a drippy gooey mess:lachen: My boyfriend and I both looked and said at the same time "that looks like a jherri curl!!"

this week I was wearing the style in my avatar rolled on sponge rollers also. So I'm guessing I am either using the wrong products (picture below) or I am using too much....
3baglhcf.jpg

Hey Autummbeauty29! I found them at A Beauty Supply Store, they were'nt in a package at all you just pick up 4 for $1.00 I was looking for the Regular Plastic caps and I just happen to see them on the bottom shelf LOL!! But I read that some women use Plastic grocery bags LOL!!!

i have few questions . ive checked other baggy posts and stil havent found. please help .id LOVE to do this challenge but i know nothing about baggying lol

- i onyl have evoo, jojoba, and ORS olive oil lotion at home. can i use these? which is best?

- do you wash this out in the morning? or just style as usual?

- can i use the same product everytime? change it up?

- directly on hair? or in the cap?

-certain style underneath cap?

NappyParadise said:
I am in, even though I have a TWA I will do the Whole Head Baggie Method 3-4x's a Week!

I will use My Homemade Shealoe Butter & Seal w/ A Castor Oil Mix until I receive my BT.

I have a lil fro too:) ! My fros about 2 1/2 inches in most places, whats yours at??

love2alicia said:
I have a lil fro too:) ! My fros about 2 1/2 inches in most places, whats yours at??

Hey!!!:) Mine is probably right at 2 inches and the Shea butter/castor oil did not work at all, so I have been using S-Curl spray and it gives great moisture, I just spray a little water and add some, The baggy method is working and after a week I can see a difference in the Thickness and my sides growing in, I just want to keep it basic, I also CW every other day so It is great LOL!!!

LilMorenita said:
i have few questions . ive checked other baggy posts and stil havent found. please help .id LOVE to do this challenge but i know nothing about baggying lol

- i onyl have evoo, jojoba, and ORS olive oil lotion at home. can i use these? which is best?

- do you wash this out in the morning? or just style as usual?

- can i use the same product everytime? change it up?

- directly on hair? or in the cap?

-certain style underneath cap?

bumping...

What I do is use my Moisturizer then put my baggy on and then wrap my scarf around that. You can use whatever moisturizer you like and you can also wash it out in the morning if you like, The key is to keep moisture in the hair, You can use the same product every time or switch it up if you like, I think the only rules are just try to baggy 4-7x's a week. You can style as usual, Also don't use too much moisturizer because then you can overmoisturize and that might not be too good for your hair.

Are you Natural or Relaxed?

NappyParadise said:
What I do is use my Moisturizer then put my baggy on and then wrap my scarf around that. You can use whatever moisturizer you like and you can also wash it out in the morning if you like, The key is to keep moisture in the hair, You can use the same product every time or switch it up if you like, I think the only rules are just try to baggy 4-7x's a week. You can style as usual, Also don't use too much moisturizer because then you can overmoisturize and that might not be too good for your hair.

Are you Natural or Relaxed?

Ill join :)

Is evoo 4 nights a week too much moisturizer ( whole head)?
i am transitioning and have about 1 1/2 inches of NG.
How does baggying help the rate of growth?

Last edited:
Back