3 MONTH BAGGY CHALLENGE

rwanda said:
Darkempress I'm sorry I'm a little behind in all this whole head baggying, but I have been admiring your fotki and would like to know how do you style your hair in the mornings after removing the baggy. Do you use anything to dry your hair before styling it, and do you wear your hair in a bob during the daytime? Also what do you baggy your hair with a conditioner cap or saran wrap? Sorry for all the questions:confused:
ITS FINE GIRL:) :) , THE MORE THE BETTER. IN THE MORNING AFTER REMOVING MY PLASTIC HAIR CAP, I STYLE MY HAIR INTO A VERY LOOSE BUN WITH MY ENDS SECURED AND TUCKED UNDER WITH A HAIR PIN. AND I DONT USE ANYTHING TO DRY MY HAIR BEFORE STYLING, I JUST COVER IT WITH MY SATIN SCARF AND WITHIN THE NEXT 10 MINUTES ITS ALL DRY AND READY TO BE STYLED.
HTH:)

I know I am late but I will like to join. This will be my first challenge. I was already bagging the ends during the day, but now I will do the whole head baggy every night and baggy the ends during the day.

Sorry I'm late too. I'll be doing the whole head baggy 4-7 nights a week. I'm still new to the baggy method and will be searching more threads for information.

Kind of a highjack:

But does anyone know where to find black castor oil, the REAL, effective stuff, in London, UK?

Pls post / pm me. Thanks!

ebonylocs said:
Kind of a highjack:

But does anyone know where to find black castor oil, the REAL, effective stuff, in London, UK?

Pls post / pm me. Thanks!

sams247.com

LHCF also get a discount, the info is in the forum for vendors.

Okay! I am back in I have my moisturizer and I have my Plastic caps and now I am Ready, I will do seven nights a week. Now I can Focus on this. I will Baggy my whole head at night.

I’m late but I want in!!. :D I just tried the baggy method last night and I am so impressed. I only baggy’d my ponytail and this morning my ends are so soft. All I used was some B&B oil moisturizer and I had great success. I am officially a baggying from now on. I will do what I described 6-7 nights per week. I might throw in a whole head baggy here and there but I’m committing only to at least the ends.

I would like to join! I have never done the baggy method before, but because my hair is shedding too much I want to try it. Will it help for shedding? What do I have to do and what products do I use?

I'm in gals! :)

I've been baggying 3-4x per night for the most part, for the past couple of years.... I find that when I use MTG plus moisturizing the ends with ORS, my hair is so oily i have no choice but to baggy then put a scarf over it. So joining this challenge just makes it "official"!!!! :D Now Im gonna make sure to do it consistently.

Let's grow girls!!!!!!!!!!! Summer is coming, and that means hot weather = maximum growth!!!! :grin:

KiniKakes you are just too Pretty!

Here is what I am gonna do,I am gonna baggy 7 nights a week and moisturize with my Heavy Cream, On Saturdays I am gonna apply my BT to my scalp as an overnight scalp revitalizer only and baggy that, Then Sunday I will Shampoo & Condition and Go back to my Regular Baggy with my Heavy Cream.

So Saturday is for BT all day and night on my scalp Unless I have somewhere to go I will only use it on that Night. But I hope this works for me, It sounds Like a winner to me. LOL!!!!

I know a sistah is late but I would like to join in!! This would be my first challenge. I have been reading through all of the posts and I'm still trying to get a feel for exactly *how* I should baggy. Do I use a specific oil or moisturizer? In what order? Do I leave the baggy on all night or take it out after a few hours? Should I wash it out in the morning or just wear it in my normal style

darkempress said:
ITS FINE GIRL:) :) , THE MORE THE BETTER. IN THE MORNING AFTER REMOVING MY PLASTIC HAIR CAP, I STYLE MY HAIR INTO A VERY LOOSE BUN WITH MY ENDS SECURED AND TUCKED UNDER WITH A HAIR PIN. AND I DONT USE ANYTHING TO DRY MY HAIR BEFORE STYLING, I JUST COVER IT WITH MY SATIN SCARF AND WITHIN THE NEXT 10 MINUTES ITS ALL DRY AND READY TO BE STYLED.
HTH:)

So by looking at someone's signature the challenge starts today huh??!!;) I will get started I am committed to the ends first and I will probably throw in the whole head one night a week, but right now I am committing to the ends 4x a week. I see that you don't rinse out or anything you just style as regular so that means not to overdo the moisturizer of your choice. I may start with something I have like a creme....???? (is that ideal) and then see what everyone is using

I came in to see all the progress but looks like I can still join too since a bunch are just joining today. :dance7: Since I'm out of the braids I'm really excited to join these challenges!

Question, if I moisturize, seal, wrap, baggy, then cover with a scarf, then when I wake up put my heat bonnet on for 10 or 15 min. in the morning so that I can wear it out or pin it up without it being damp, is that cheating? Well, would I be cheating myself out of the whole point of baggying ya think? I know, I know, sacrifice style for health and length but is anyone baggying and then wearing their hair out everyday, or almost everyday?

I haven't used my BT since having my hair out because I only want to apply it to my scalp and not my hair, I'm designating Saturday or Sunday as my weekly wash day, (depending on whether I stay in the house Fri. or Sat. night or plan to go to church on Sunday). The night before my wash, I will moisturize, seal, and do about 5 or 6 cornrows going back, apply BT and baggy. Then a few hours after I wake I'll do my wash and DC. I'll do this weekly, hopefully I gain mucho growth in 3 months. I did enjoy applying my BT so often when I had braids, I hope I get the same results applying once week. Maybe mid-week I can do a dry twist-out instead of wrapping before I baggie and apply the BT then, yeah that's what I'll do. Sorry ladies, thinking while I'm typing. :lol: Sometimes you have to sort things out outloud, I doubt I would have come up with this plan if I was just thinking it to myself.:D

SvelteVelvet said:
I came in to see all the progress but looks like I can still join too since a bunch are just joining today. :dance7: Since I'm out of the braids I'm really excited to join these challenges!

Question, if I moisturize, seal, wrap, baggy, then cover with a scarf, then when I wake up put my heat bonnet on for 10 or 15 min. in the morning so that I can wear it out or pin it up without it being damp, is that cheating? Well, would I be cheating myself out of the whole point of baggying ya think? I know, I know, sacrifice style for health and length but is anyone baggying and then wearing their hair out everyday, or almost everyday?

I haven't used my BT since having my hair out because I only want to apply it to my scalp and not my hair, I'm designating Saturday or Sunday as my weekly wash day, (depending on whether I stay in the house Fri. or Sat. night or plan to go to church on Sunday). The night before my wash, I will moisturize, seal, and do about 5 or 6 cornrows going back, apply BT and baggy. Then a few hours after I wake I'll do my wash and DC. I'll do this weekly, hopefully I gain mucho growth in 3 months. I did enjoy applying my BT so often when I had braids, I hope I get the same results applying once week. Maybe mid-week I can do a dry twist-out instead of wrapping before I baggie and apply the BT then, yeah that's what I'll do. Sorry ladies, thinking while I'm typing. :lol: Sometimes you have to sort things out outloud, I doubt I would have come up with this plan if I was just thinking it to myself.:D

Hey I see we think alike!!:) My Routine is almost like yours except I can't twist yet

NappyParadise said:
Hey I see we think alike!!:) My Routine is almost like yours except I can't twist yet

Great minds I tell ya! I was starting to get concerned about what to moisturize with, I have S-Curl but I think I'd rather use a creamy moisturizer, which sounds like what yours is. I wonder if ladies are seeing as good results with cream based oil moisturizers as the water/liquid based moisturizers..

I have another question, is there such thing as using an alchohol free Shea Butter Oil Sheen to seal? Or should it drip? TIA!

I'm in.
I'll start tonight.
I'm new tp LHCF. Just joined today.
I will do the baggy method 5-7 times per week!
Can't Wait!!!

Hair-vi.jpg

I'M SO GLAD MORE LADIES DECIDED TO JOIN THE CHALLENGE:) :D . SO PLEASE, IF THERE ARE ANYMORE OF YOU OUT THERE AND INTERESTED FEEL FREE TO JOIN...THE MORE THE BETTER:D .
I'M HAPPY THAT ITS WORKING OUT FOR YOU ALL SO FAR...AND FOR THOSE EXPERIENCING SHEDDING MAYBE YOU LADIES MAY NEED TO EITHER CUT DOWN ON HOW MANY DAYS YOU DO IT. AND ALSO USE A DIFF CCOMBINATION OF PRODUCTS...JUST PLAY AROUND WITH IT AND I'M YOU'LL FIND WHAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU.
GOOD LUCK AGAIN LADIES:) ;)

Isn't this method similar to when folks were wearing curls and those plastic baggies all the time? Many people's hair grew to great lengths with a jerri curl from all that glycerin juice and baggying.

Worked then, should work now.

Hidden_Angel said:
when I wasn't in braids I did whole head baggying and my hair thrived! I loved it but right now I'm in C&G challange BUT once myhair can be put into a pony tail I well do this challange but later down the road

I've been doing this for awhile. Forgot if I officially joined or not, but I'm definitely in. Wearing double strand twists and I sprayed with Shea Butter spray and then used Olive Oil one night to seal--the next morning, my hair was shining, moisturized and so lush.

Tonight I'm trying castor oil. Hope I get the same results!

For me, cream base works better. I can control what I use. I get heavy handed. I am from TX but live in the GA, so I always think more is better. :lol: Which not always the case with baggying. I learned the hard way. After alot of breakage, products, and tears (LOL) I got my health balance. I can't baggy my whole head. I moisturize and seal my ends twice a day and my hair has never been better.
I didn't like the ORS Olive Oil cream...it was too heavy. But it works well on my son's hair. It keeps his hair curly and shiny. I use the Hollywood Olive Oil cream with the green lid, not the liquid in the bottle and I seal with VO5 condtitoning headdress for normal/fine hair.

darkempress said:
I'M SO GLAD MORE LADIES DECIDED TO JOIN THE CHALLENGE:) :D . SO PLEASE, IF THERE ARE ANYMORE OF YOU OUT THERE AND INTERESTED FEEL FREE TO JOIN...THE MORE THE BETTER:D .
I'M HAPPY THAT ITS WORKING OUT FOR YOU ALL SO FAR...AND FOR THOSE EXPERIENCING SHEDDING MAYBE YOU LADIES MAY NEED TO EITHER CUT DOWN ON HOW MANY DAYS YOU DO IT. AND ALSO USE A DIFF CCOMBINATION OF PRODUCTS...JUST PLAY AROUND WITH IT AND I'M YOU'LL FIND WHAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU.
GOOD LUCK AGAIN LADIES:) ;)

I noticed I was shedding
I starting using a little carrot oil during the day. that seems to have helped.

Back