2017 Shoulder Length Challenge

Same here, wigs make me look like I'm wearing a disguise, lol. Also because I have a long head, they juse make it appear longer.
My head is big so finding one that fits is a challenge. I have acute lace front but it's so small the lace is in the middle of my head. :lol: I stretched it for 3 months and it still doesn't quite fit.

Girl I don't know why I confused the Keracare with the DE...damn near senior moment I guess, Lol.

Nairobi was amazing for my rollersets as a relaxed head. I've only used it on my DD natural hair when I use Curlformers sometimes and it leaves her hair shiny and smooth! Nairobi isn't readily available everywhere and I don't trust our neighborhood beauty supply stores because they make counterfeit everything, especially professional salon products.
I totally understand. But DE does have one in their natural line! I might get it for DD. i think I ordered the Nairobi last time. It was rough trying to find a distributor, to the point I was considering becoming one myself!

It's my wash day again. I think my schedule will be Monday and Thursday. Guess what ladies? I used some protein! lol I used Aphogee 2 min only on my relaxed ends, not my new growth. I applied it in the shower, then i shampooed. Dc'Ed for 30 mins under the dryer. I blow dried my hair on the cool setting.
Now trying to decide to prep my hair for this wig, or pull my hair back.

It's my wash day again. I think my schedule will be Monday and Thursday. Guess what ladies? I used some protein! lol I used Aphogee 2 min only on my relaxed ends, not my new growth. I applied it in the shower, then i shampooed. Dc'Ed for 30 mins under the dryer. I blow dried my hair on the cool setting.
Wig it! Wig it!

I totally understand. But DE does have one in their natural line! I might get it for DD. i think I ordered the Nairobi last time. It was rough trying to find a distributor, to the point I was considering becoming one myself!

The beauty supply ofg 87th & Dan Ryan sells it but again, I qyestion thr authenticity.

I might try the DE too, I have the custard and it works well when I cocktail it with a cream to twist my hair. It smells so good!

I say rock your hair...all that work, I'd wanna throw all my hair back AND forth, lol!

Wear it out! You won't wash again until after Christmas if your schedule is gonna be Mon and Thurs. So enjoy it now and wig after X-mas!

How does your hair feel after the protein?

Btw my schedule is Sunday and Wednesday. Except lately I've been skipping over Wednesday because my hair still looks and feels good but by Saturday I need to restyle and I end up washing. Which also means that by Monday my hair isn't fresh for work. Time to dig my heels in and keep to that schedule so my hair can benefit from the routine.

Sorry if the pic is crazy big. I don't know how to fix it. Now I don't like the way the wig looks on the mannequin head but do you think these wigs can be manipulated and styled the way I style my own hair. Because I have found a few where I really like the texture of the hair but they looked like they needed to be styled. Like one looked like how I would look if I hadn't washed my hair for days and then slept on it and let it get crushed flat on one side. I'll post that one too.

100-reines-Brasilianisches-Afro-Verworrene-Lockige-Perücken-Günstige-Maschine-Gemacht-Glueless-Kurz-Menschliches-Krauses-Haar-Perücke.jpg

Wear it out! You won't wash again until after Christmas if your schedule is gonna be Mon and Thurs. So enjoy it now and wig after X-mas!

How does your hair feel after the protein?

Btw my schedule is Sunday and Wednesday. Except lately I've been skipping over Wednesday because my hair still looks and feels good but by Saturday I need to restyle and I end up washing. Which also means that by Monday my hair isn't fresh for work. Time to dig my heels in and keep to that schedule so my hair can benefit from the routine.
My hair feels good. Relaxed ends feel a little stronger, but nothing out of the ordinary. I was able to detangle with no problems. I didn't flat iron my hair. I got it in my rat bun. I'm in the house with these kids, so I will be rocking scarves and hats! I got a Santa hat for Sunday! Lol
Are you gonna wait for Sunday to wash and style your hair?

Sorry if the pic is crazy big. I don't know how to fix it. Now I don't like the way the wig looks on the mannequin head but do you think these wigs can be manipulated and styled the way I style my own hair. Because I have found a few where I really like the texture of the hair but they looked like they needed to be styled. Like one looked like how I would look if I hadn't washed my hair for days and then slept on it and let it get crushed flat on one side. I'll post that one too.

100-reines-Brasilianisches-Afro-Verworrene-Lockige-Perücken-Günstige-Maschine-Gemacht-Glueless-Kurz-Menschliches-Krauses-Haar-Perücke.jpg
I like it!

My hair feels good. Relaxed ends feel a little stronger, but nothing out of the ordinary. I was able to detangle with no problems. I didn't flat iron my hair. I got it in my rat bun. I'm in the house with these kids, so I will be rocking scarves and hats! I got a Santa hat for Sunday! Lol
Are you gonna wait for Sunday to wash and style your hair?
Well I skipped Wednesday this week so I will probably be doing my hair on Saturday. Smh I will straighten and take pics. Then I'll try to leave it straight for the entire week so I can wash again on Sunday and get back into the Sunday/Wednesday routine. So by the 1st I should be back on my regular schedule.

Well I skipped Wednesday this week so I will probably be doing my hair on Saturday. Smh I will straighten and take pics. Then I'll try to leave it straight for the entire week so I can wash again on Sunday and get back into the Sunday/Wednesday routine. So by the 1st I should be back on my regular schedule.
I can't wait! You have made some great progress this year.

Got my design essentials serum y'all! At first I thought I got the wrong thing because it says finish on the bottom of it and it doesn't say "thermal straightening serum" the way it does on the website. But the bottle displayed on the website is exactly like mine and it's the only serum so I'm good. Can't wait to try it. It smells wonderful! I also got a tiny tiny thing of chi silk infusion. It was only 1.99 so thought I'd pick it up to try at some point. I'm excited ladies!! But I won't get my hopes up too high.

Got my design essentials serum y'all! At first I thought I got the wrong thing because it says finish on the bottom of it and it doesn't say "thermal straightening serum" the way it does on the website. But the bottle displayed on the website is exactly like mine and it's the only serum so I'm good. Can't wait to try it. It smells wonderful! I also got a tiny tiny thing of chi silk infusion. It was only 1.99 so thought I'd pick it up to try at some point. I'm excited ladies!! But I won't get my hopes up too high.
Remember to blow dry in a downward motion! What are u gonna use to blow dry with?

I got my hair in my little rat bun and I got a bandana tied around like a headband and got a cute clip to cover my bun. I feel cute! lol I got more bandanas, but I'm gonna get some satin scarves too. I'm gonna get some more of these clips in different colors.

One thing I don't care for are Bobby pins. I need to find something else to pin my hair down on the sides.

I can't sleep with this style. So I will take all of this stuff out and just sleep with my safe hair friendly clip.

Having a bad hair day...I lost a few hairs combing through this dry mess...I can't seem to find the right products for my hair...and since being natural I hate wash day...:help:

@shortdub78 I was going to use paul Mitchell's super skinny serum. I only have that and the it's a 10 silk express which I quite like for perm rod sets but not for blow drying. Any recs for future reference?

I have become osbsessed with silk scarves. I only recently realized that I can wear the ones for my neck on my head too. Duh! 100% silk and I love them. Just bought 3 from Century 21.

I got my hair in my little rat bun and I got a bandana tied around like a headband and got a cute clip to cover my bun. I feel cute! lol I got more bandanas, but I'm gonna get some satin scarves too. I'm gonna get some more of these clips in different colors.

One thing I don't care for are Bobby pins. I need to find something else to pin my hair down on the sides.

I can't sleep with this style. So I will take all of this stuff out and just sleep with my safe hair friendly clip.
I love bobby pins. They are life savers! Why don't you like them? I like the ones that kinda dip in the middle and they are flat when you pin your hair.

Back