2017 Shoulder Length Challenge

Yes! I'm in love again! I hate I started trying a bunch of different stuff over the years. The shampoo and the detangling mist are a ph level of 6, so it opens the cuticle just enough to allow moisture in. The conditioner and leave-in are a ph level of 4.5, so it's brings the hair right at the level that it should be at, to control frizz, elasticity, smoothness, and shine. I wanna stick with a line where all of the products work together, to give me what my hair needs, which is balance.
Also their products aren't laced with a bunch of fillers and proteins. Some of them have hydrolized wheat protein, which is suitable for low porosity hair.
They are light and don't weight my hair down. Since going back to using these products my hair feels better. I used these products when I faithfully went to the salon and never had to have a protein treatment. Now that I have been doing stuff on my own, I got caught and fell down the rabbit hole.

Also to aid in protection and slip, I started and will continue with using a clear rinse/gloss. You know my hair has been bleached, so I need all of the protection I can get!

Great explanation! I should probably find the pH of the products I use from start to finish. @shortdub78 are your styling produts pH at or below 4.5?

So went to look at wigs. Oh no! I can't wear any of them. I look ridiculous. I tried on a few and my sis tried to snap pics so I could compare and get this. Rules are we can't take pics in the wigs. There were signs even though I didn't notice them until they pointed it out. Got some darn nerve when they probably guilty of stealing pics online and saying it's one of their wigs for sale. Anyway I hated them all y'all! I didn't like not one. When my sister tried on some hers looked good. So now I'm going to find a style I like and see if my sis can make it. That was a last resort because she takes forever to do everything.

Try making your own wig. That's what i learned to do & now i have FIVE of them lol. Get a wig cap, some hair that you like, a hot glue gun & get on youtube for some tutorials. Its pretty easy if you got a lil time & you can make it just to your liking

That's great! I wished these companies put this info on their labels. I was using the Nairobi foam but think I want to try the DE Natural Curl Enhancing Mousse now. Is that the one you use?
I used Keracare. Have you used Nairobi yet? I haven't used it as a natural, but the hold and shine is nice. And it's heat activated. DE seems like it would be great for natural to lock in twist styles. African Hair God on yt gave a really nice review.

I may relax at 13 weeks. If I do it then by Jan 8, I can still make it to 12 weeks for my touchup for April. I'm roller setting, so I don't wanna cause a bunch of mechanical damage.
I got a stylist, but I don't wanna hear her mouth about my hair. I just need her to apply the relaxer, rinse, and wash. I will do everything else at home. I won't have time to get a full service. I will have less than 2 hours. I wanna sit under the dryer for my dc and I want a roller set.

Last edited:
@KammyGirl
I might have to go your route of protective styling!
That wind and cold jacked my hair up and like a dummy, I thought I was cute and was letting it blow in the wind! lol I rolled it up last night, and I wasn't feeling the tight curls this morning. I think I will rock my wig until I get my touch up. I gotta wash her today.

Last edited:
Try making your own wig. That's what i learned to do & now i have FIVE of them lol. Get a wig cap, some hair that you like, a hot glue gun & get on youtube for some tutorials. Its pretty easy if you got a lil time & you can make it just to your liking
I'll look at some. I'm absolutely the definition of lazy so I don't know if I can do it. It would be nice to be able to learn how to do this.

I cut my damaged hair last night into a bob. So technically this is my new start photo lol. Before in red & after in white
Your cut looks nice!
@KammyGirl
I might have to go your route of protective styling!
That wind and cold jacked my hair up and like a dummy, I thought I was cute and was letting it blow in the wind! lol I rolled it up last night, and I wasn't feeling the right curls this morning. I think I will rock my wig until I get my touch up. I gotta wash her today.
Then you'll be wearing your wig for the next couple of weeks right? Care to post a pic of the wig?

I'll look at some. I'm absolutely the definition of lazy so I don't know if I can do it. It would be nice to be able to learn how to do this.

Your cut looks nice!

Then you'll be wearing your wig for the next couple of weeks right? Care to post a pic of the wig?
this is my best friend! Her name is Molly from It's A Wig.

Attachments

• IMG_0985.JPG
    IMG_0985.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 31
I took my twist down, moisturized them with Good Morning Goddess and twisted back up with TO High Def Twist Creme. I had originally planned to wash my hair this weekend. But my hair feels good and seems to be retaining moisture. So I might not wash it until next weekend. I will try taking it down every 3 days, moisturizing and putting back up.

I used Keracare. Have you used Nairobi yet? I haven't used it as a natural, but the hold and shine is nice. And it's heat activated. DE seems like it would be great for natural to lock in twist styles. African Hair God on yt gave a really nice review.
Girl I don't know why I confused the Keracare with the DE...damn near senior moment I guess, Lol.

Nairobi was amazing for my rollersets as a relaxed head. I've only used it on my DD natural hair when I use Curlformers sometimes and it leaves her hair shiny and smooth! Nairobi isn't readily available everywhere and I don't trust our neighborhood beauty supply stores because they make counterfeit everything, especially professional salon products.

Last edited:
Back