2016 Relationship And Dating Thread

He came by my job today, met my bosses and took me to lunch. He didn't like my work outfit and told me to invest in some professional muumuu's, and that they would help cut down on my mosquito bites and AMEX bill. :lachen:I love that biscuit head! He knows darn well, he loves how I dress. Muumuu's and Easy Spirits will never be in my future. :barf: He actually took the train into the city. He said it stunk. My little snob. :lachen:He's been here for 20 years and been on the train thrice.

I was telling about my niece and how I think she's going to be an athlete because she loves to race, flip and play catch. I told him how I can't wait until she's a little older because I'm going to teach her how to play basketball. I'm really excited about it too. And that's one thing we have in common because we both played basketball (I stopped in high school but we went on to play in college). So then he asked me if I was ready to have kids. I told him as soon as I'm married I'd be ready to have kids. Then he starts asking me about baby names for a girl and the atl in him came out because he said a somewhat ghetto name. i was like absolutely not. so he said another name and I was cool with so I looked up the meaning of the name. I liked the meaning so I told him I would be okay with my daughter having that name. And he said something like I'm glad we agree on that name. Then he said something like he'll be ready for a family in like a year or two. But I've decided that I'm not going to look too deeply into it. Anyway, this is going to be my safe space because based on past experiences I know I can't tell my friends any of these things because I swear they just don't know how to be quiet lol. The next time they see him they would be like "so I heard that you were asking about baby names. when will little Kelsey be born?? but you know you gotta marry her first right? she will not be a baby mama and you already know her mama aint having that. So are ya'll going to teach her how to play basketball. That's gonna be so cute! I can't wait to go to the games. Hold on.... I gotta get our other friend on the phone so she can hear this." lol. they are just too much at times so I've learned I can't tell them certain things.

Whenever we start to lose it, all we need to do is go out for a little dancing and the sexy comes right back. Never thought having a man who can dance was important to me but now I know!

Another aspect of my partners that attract me is his family bond or whether he has family at all. I want to be a part of the family, have that support, hang with them and adopt them as my own provided that they are sane lol . That was so hard for me to lose in my last relationship.
The one that didn't have family ties in this country I wasn't in love with (and for plenty other reasons too). I need to feel like I'm part of the family gang, especially since mine is virtually non existent. Hm. Is that weird?

Last edited:
So we went to Ft Lauderdale anyway. It was easy to just hang out at the hotel because our suite was on the waterway, it was so relaxing. No mosquito bites.
Then we got into the taxi to go to the airport. Five minutes into the ride I realized that the cab is full of mosquitoes!! DH is abusing the cab trying to kill as many of them as possible. Still no bites.
Fast forward to last week, after hearing the baby's heartbeat :2inlove: my overparanoid DH (I say that lovingly) told my OB that we went to Ft Lauderdale. I then had to have blood drawn, urine tested, etc. for Zika. They had to send it all to the county and state. I don't expect any issues because neither of us were bitten but he's on edge. I'm over 35 so they already have me under close watch.

The positive about all of this is that they moved my ultrasound up 4 weeks. So we get to meet baby on Friday and learn the gender!! We're so excited! :D

So he just invited me to one of his family member's wedding and I'm in panic mode lolol. It's this weekend. I'm sure his whole entire family will be there so I want to look my absolutely best. I'm rocking a cute blonde wig right now but I just can't go to this wedding looking like Mary J.Blidge :look:. I look prettier with my black natural hair but it's entirely too much to do on such short notice so I'm thinking about throwing on my heat free hair wig.

I also have nothing to wear because all of my dresses are either too short or too tight for what I think is appropriate for a wedding. Or they don't fit me anymore. And I'm not about to be out there looking like that #teacherbae girl.

I need to go to the mall after work today.

Watching DH and DS interact is still one of the best parts of my day! They are just too cute together and so much alike. Our family game nights are lots of fun. I'm so grateful to have these two in my life!

We learned Friday that were adding another son to our family! Although we were both thinking it was a girl, DH couldn't hide the excitement in his voice when he learned he's having a son. Good thing I was already prepared with a boy name (must be my Virgo moon). Lol.

Keep praying coz I slipped up again. I'm not used to this life of consistency and accountability. I've been alone and neglected for too long. I'm not used to someone requesting my attention, making plans and actually following through. My communication skills are deplorable.
I got you sis. Don't self sabotage. I am not big on sharing my emotions,but maybe let him know this is new to you and our lackluster response is all you and not him? Then work on letting him prove he is worth your time. Big hugs.

I'm worried about my friend. She met this guy on plenty of fish last week and they're about to meet for the first time. This weekend. Here's the kicker. We live in Atlanta...the dude lives somewhere in Alabama and they're going to meet in Birmingham. AND she's spending the night with him downstairs.

Since she's meeting this man she met LAST WEEK in another state and spending the night I told her that she should do a background check. She didn't want to pay the 20 dollars *really confused by this* so she's just going to go.

I already told her my thoughts about it not being safe and that he needs to drive to Atlanta to meet her. She's made up in her mind that she's going. Maybe I watch too much SVU and First 48 but I'm really worried that she's about to go meet up with a killer. Just had to share my thoughts somewhere because I don't want to tell any of my other friends because she didn't tell them and I don't want them calling her.

In other news...the wedding was a lot of fun.

Our first trip went really well, ended up spending 2 more days together.

I did get mad at him over something very petty on the flight back home and ignored him the last 2 hrs of the flight. I was almost in tears as I walked over to baggage claim because he wasn't speaking to me either and I didn't want our amazing trip to end on this note but I was also fuming and didn't want to be the bigger person. As I waited for my bag on one side of the carousel, I felt those strong arms just hug me from the back and said "do you think that I'd let this ruin our trip? You're stuck with me woman", then he sang that stupid Neyo song and made me laugh. I was so relieved and happy, and he had already scooped up the bags. I.love.that.man.

Wow @NaturallyBri87 . You gave her good advice. It's sad that she doesn't want to hear it. I hope she does take the precautions before she leaves. If not, see if she'll at least give you his name and address where she'll be staying.

So I asked her for his name ( shehasn't even told me his name) and license plate number (which she can give me when she gets there). Girl she told me to stop asking her questions. She shut me down like "no more questions I'll just give you the address when he gives it to me" Bih whet?? I'm just trying to have all the details just in case you turn up missing. But since she doesn't want me to ask questions about him and is being secretive about all the details then I'm done. She knows this is some foolishness...that's why she doesn't want me to ask her anything about it. And he isn't even paying for her gas to drive down there. I can't

So

I was supposed to go on a date tonight. Dude texts me in good time to push it out by a half hour.

Then texts me to say hes in hospital.
But he doesn't know which hospital he's in. o_O I texted him and said hope you get seen soon and deleted and blocked him.

I feel like a mug.

Hand clap for you girl! I don't know what makes some men so lazy and complete trash. I've come to believe its because women put up with it and any women that won't they don't want.

I'm not good at giving people space in a relationships.
If our routine deviates, I get annoyed, sad or suspicious.
I get upset if he wants to be in his own space! Like why? why wouldn't you want to be with ME if you're free.
Like it's crazy talk but yet, I still feel that way. What's wrong with me? I know my trust issues are at the root of it all but when will I heal?

Back