2014 What's Happening in Our Relationships?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I need suggestion on what to wear on a first date. Haven't been on one of those in many many years and have no idea what to wear. I'm better at dressing in the summer but not looking cute in the winter. We decided since we met online to do a meet and greet kinda get together at applebee's. What should I wear????

GodsPromises

A dress with tights/boots; jeans with dainty sweater and blazer; tunic with tights/boots...Make sure your coat/scarf combo is cute :grin:

He came by and surprised me at work. I almost knocked him down! He caught me playing Words with Friends. Oops! LOL!

He took on a few side jobs and handed me half the money. :giggle:
ETA...and said he would take on a million more to be a blessing to me!

Last edited:
I told him I get really bad anxiety sometimes and he told me, "next time you feel overwhelmed and anxious, just call me and I'll lead you down a different pathway." Awwwwwwwww.

[USER=171298 said:
MzSwift[/USER];19589759]Keep it up with all of the sweet stuff y'all.
It's helping me not to lose hope in men... and in love :(

Don't lose hope in men or in love. I found the man of my dreams in my mid 40s right at the Christmas part. There is hope, even in VA. :yep:

You don't have to wait as long as I did though. I was a tough case. :lol:

i wouldn't call it an up and down relationship, but we have our spats or disagreements which consists of either him or me asking the other why on earth are they doing what they are doing, it bothered or offended one of us. then one of us goes into shut down mode only to come back apologize then act like love birds for the remainder of the time. i love him so much but boy he sure can drive me crazy sometimes.

Don't lose hope in men or in love. I found the man of my dreams in my mid 40s right at the Christmas part. There is hope, even in VA. :yep:

You don't have to wait as long as I did though. I was a tough case. :lol:

Yup...what she said. I'm 40, found the best thing that ever happened to me (outside of my children) on POF of all places. Keep believing and moving forward!

[USER=343979 said:
DarkJoy[/USER];19590423]Both faithVA and crlsweetie912 you both give this old lady hope that it's not too late. :)

I was 46 when I met him. I'm not 48. Will probably be 50 when we marry. At it will be my first marriage. My aunt got married in her 50s after saying she would never marry again. She was married the first time in her late teens.

Definitely don't lose hope. And I'm not settling. This guy is perfect for me. :yep:

[USER=183768 said:
sweetvi[/USER];19591631]faithVA

What do you mean tough cookie if it is not too personal

I meant tough case, not cookie. I just meant that I tend to view things differently than some. I wasn't really marriage minded or really all that excited about dating at all after my 20s. I was meh, he's alright. Many years I didn't date at all. I didn't want children so that ruled out a lot of guys. I'm a bit odd acting. I'm very opinionated and not easily impressed. My motto was, I would rather be alone than be bothered. I think in all my years I have met exactly 3 men (available) that didn't get on my nerves after 30 minutes. And this guy is one of them. There's more but that's the gist of it.

I love the way we can just hold hands and talk. He can look at me and say that I'm beautiful with absolutely no sexual connotation. We just love being in each other's presence. I love growing together.

Last edited:
My baby is under the weather. He told me that he didn't feel well and I should have known it was bad bc he admitted it. When came in the house was dark and went in the room thinking no one was home. I turned on the light and he popped up out his sleep. He was laying on the chair. He looked so pitiful lol. Then he had a fever. I felt so bad for him. I just made him some ginger tea and let him watch Malcolm X documentary. I'm going to the store after work to get some things to make him feel better and to make sure I don't get sick either.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I told him I was blow drying my hair last night and he asked if that was healthy for my hair, if it was too much heat. Ding ding ding, we have a winner. :lol:

We haven't even "met" yet, tomorrow is the first day and yet he had to come out last night to change my tire in the snow. I'm really excited to see where this could go

I HATE HIM!!!!! I haven't cursed anyone out in a very long time, but I just went IN on him like he was a random ninja on the streets. I had so many bottled up thoughts and they came out one punk b at a time. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back