2014 What's Happening in Our Relationships?

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's not perfect and our situation is not perfect, but i just love him. sometimes i just look at him and i get really full...like i love the snot out of him and if he asked me tomorrow to marry him i would say yes and have a quiet little ceremony and just come to work the next day as a mrs.

Man I had an epiphany today. I grew up in an abusive, neglectful household. And to try to cope, I thought that if I was the good, perfect child that my parents would have no choice but to love me.
I carried that into adulthood. Didn't say how I felt, suppressed my anger and hurt, let people treat me any kind of way. I have come a long way.
But our disagreement yesterday put me RIGHT back in my childhood. I didn't want to tell him how upset I was for fear that he would leave. And when he left last night symbolically it felt like he was leaving for good. That's why I was so scared. I'm used to people not liking something I say or do and bouncing. He has never shown me that, but the fear is still there.
I didn't realize that junk was still with me.

Man I had an epiphany today. I grew up in an abusive, neglectful household. And to try to cope, I thought that if I was the good, perfect child that my parents would have no choice but to love me.
I carried that into adulthood. Didn't say how I felt, suppressed my anger and hurt, let people treat me any kind of way. I have come a long way.
But our disagreement yesterday put me RIGHT back in my childhood. I didn't want to tell him how upset I was for fear that he would leave. And when he left last night symbolically it felt like he was leaving for good. That's why I was so scared. I'm used to people not liking something I say or do and bouncing. He has never shown me that, but the fear is still there.
I didn't realize that junk was still with me.

Hugs..glad you were able to recognize that. So what are u going to do? That is a lot to take in mentally.

He came over and took me out to lunch before he had to go in to work Saturday. We had a really good time. Talked a lot and shared some things with him.
He's very understanding and a great listener.
Yesterday we were on the phone and I asked him if he needed anything, he says do you love me? I said OF COURSE I DO! He said: Then I have everything I could ever want or need! #swoon

So glad to be in a relationship where I feel loved and wanted. It's been a loooong time. I had doubts about finding a good mate, but there is always someone out here that will treat you the way you deserve to be treated! My SO is the BEST!!!!!

I had such a great weekend with my love. Friday night we saw Nonstop and decided to be rebels and snuck into 300 3D. He ended up being so sleepy, we left after an hour. Saturday he took Camryn to get brakes and an oil change. He got me top of the line brakes, rotors, oil filter and Valvoline or some great oil ALL for $125 with his hookup. Without him Toyota would charge us $650+!!! He took her to his friend's shop to get fixed and dropped her back off to me in an hour! He said he lit a fire under his friend to get me Camryn back ASAP! So mad I had my period, LOL!

Sunday we went to La Caye and had a blast with the owner. The food was so good. I saw BMW came out with an I8 and I text messaged him the pic telling him how good he would look in it. LV also has luggage just for that car. He said he'd look even better with be next to him. Had me grinning like a Cheshire cat.

I can't wait for us to go to Miami. I am excited he wants to avoid the Haitian events during the day and just go to Bal Harbour for shopping, jet skiing, sight seeing TapTap and Moka and do some Haitian parties at night. Those day Haitian festivals are not up our alley. Love him!

Just as I was complaining to a gay, male friend about my string of bad luck with guys, one of my best friends hits me up and wants me to go on a double date with her BF's friend. He's 27, gainfully employed, has a degree, no kids, lives alone, looks attractive. I wonder what's wrong with him. :look: The four of us are going to a wine bar next Tuesday, so I'm interested to see where this goes.

that place at the beginning of a relationship where you really should considered his feelings but really could careless about his opinion on a certain matter....

My SO is out of town for the week. He's in his hometown to see 2 soccer games and do some work at another office for his company. I've been giving him his space while he's away. At first I was worried he'd be too wrapped up at home and work to remember to call or text, especially with the 3 hour time difference... but he's been very much in touch. :)

He'll be back on Monday and then we have 6 days until I leave for China for 2 weeks.... And then when I get back, we will celebrate our 1 year anniversary. :) I'll be jet lagged but I'll be present.

Can't wait for March to end!

My SO is out of town for the week. He's in his hometown to see 2 soccer games and do some work at another office for his company. I've been giving him his space while he's away. At first I was worried he'd be too wrapped up at home and work to remember to call or text, especially with the 3 hour time difference... but he's been very much in touch. :) He'll be back on Monday and then we have 6 days until I leave for China for 2 weeks.... And then when I get back, we will celebrate our 1 year anniversary. :) I'll be jet lagged but I'll be present. Can't wait for March to end!
Wow a year already. That's awesome!!!!!!!! Congratulations.

The bouncer lets me in for free at the Monday night club I go to.
I've never gotten that kind of hook up so I am grateful.

A thought crossed my mind to give him a gift certificate to say thank you. I bought him a $25 gift card for an AMC movie theater. I'm walking up to the door all smiling, I hand over the card (eagerly waiting for his reaction), smile and say "thank you for everything." As I'm walking away, he says (not too loudly) and in front of people "Who am I going with? You coming with me? You're laughing but I'm serious, you coming with me?" I keep smiling and laughing (cuz now I'm uncomfortable) and keep walking in the club.

Now, ladies did I do too much? Did I send the wrong signal to someone I'm not interested in? Can a woman do a simple, kind act without any ulterior motive? Did I violate the hunter-gatherer rule?

Last edited:
Fine 4s

You didn't do anything wrong. I think the scenario you describe sounds cute. He mistook the signal because you are pretty and now he knows you are kind and appreciative as well. He saw an opening and went for it. You made him feel special.

^That's what I thought. One of my male friends said I shouldn't do things like that or at least be careful about the people I chose to be 'generous' with while another said that it was fine....

I guess I am too friendly.

It irks me when I have men on my IG making comments that should be made by my SO. Today I posted a picture of my Communion for TBT and this guy posted in French telling me, "How I am his sunshine and his love." Umm, DELETE and BLOCK! He is almost 40. Do you mean to tell me, he'd be happy if some guy wrote that on his lady's page? I swear dudes just like to start stuff. Just say you like the pic or I was a cute lil' girl and KIM. Why, be extra? *sucks teeth*

I guess I am too friendly. It irks me when I have men on my IG making comments that should be made by my SO. Today I posted a picture of my Communion for TBT and this guy posted in French telling me, "How I am his sunshine and his love." Umm, DELETE and BLOCK! He is almost 40. Do you mean to tell me, he'd be happy if some guy wrote that on his lady's page? I swear dudes just like to start stuff. Just say you like the pic or I was a cute lil' girl and KIM. Why, be extra? *sucks teeth*

You already know how I feel about these things. I don't know this world is coming too....

I guess I am too friendly. It irks me when I have men on my IG making comments that should be made by my SO. Today I posted a picture of my Communion for TBT and this guy posted in French telling me, "How I am his sunshine and his love." Umm, DELETE and BLOCK! He is almost 40. Do you mean to tell me, he'd be happy if some guy wrote that on his lady's page? I swear dudes just like to start stuff. Just say you like the pic or I was a cute lil' girl and KIM. Why, be extra? *sucks teeth*

Protect your IG. Like ironclad protection so only people you want to see your IG see it. And only allow friends/ppl you know to see your IG.

In this age of overexposure - anything goes so you have to protect yourself.

Last edited:
Protect your IG. Like ironclad protection so only people you want to see your IG see it. And only allow friends/ppl you know to see your IG.

In this age of overexposure - anything goes so you have to protect yourself.

My BFF posts come hither looking pictures on his IG and facebook and it drives his girlfriend CRAZY. The hoes come out full force. But I believe he likes the attention. I laugh when he gets in trouble with her cause he keeps doing it....:lachen: Like a little kid.

My baby......
I have been having some really bad days at work. His car went up on him and he's been stressed. So I have been being supportive and as helpful as I can be. I didn't tell him about the stuff that's going on at work, I didn't want to add to his pile of stress.
We were on the phone and I had been crying but trying to hide it and he was like WHAT'S WRONG? (how did he know!)
So I told him, he was at my house within minutes. He just held me and rubbed my forehead and my back telling me I wasn't alone and it was going to be ok. (and I believed it for the first time in a long time)
The way he cares for me is so awesome. :reddancer:

Sometimes my tone comes off as not very nice and SO calls me on it. I never mean for anything I say to come out with such attitude. It makes me upset when it happens. I need to work on it. I'm glad he tells me when I'm being like that. He's making me a better person. I'm so lucky he loves and puts up with me!

Sent from my iPad mini mini.

I can't believe we've been dating for almost two years! We've hador highs and lows but we continue to keep growing. Everything isn't perfect but I don't think any relationship is... yesterday I told him I think we should get married and he told me he thinks that's a good idea LOL...even though he insist I turned him down at my cousins wedding last year LOL

I've been dealing with an injury to my hand for a few weeks and he came over and sweeped carpet so good that it looked vacuumed (I don't think he realized I have one). Very surprised when I walked in the room but I guess he got tired of seeing my floor like that.

Sometimes all you need is some liquor, good coloring, a comfy bed, some spooning, a good night's sleep and a kiss good bye.

My bf is in NJ working on some real estate deals. I miss him. I'm supposed to have oral surgery and he was going to go with me and I might have to do it this week and he's not here :(

My bf is in NJ working on some real estate deals. I miss him. I'm supposed to have oral surgery and he was going to go with me and I might have to do it this week and he's not here :(
Man that's awful....Mr. Was with me when I had four wisdom teeth taken out and I don't know how I would have made it without him.

Well, I had fun on the blind/double date. It was my best friend of 11 years and her boyfriend. My date was his best friend of 9 years. He seems nice but quiet. He listened intently when I spoke to him and the group. He walked me to my car and we spent another 15 minutes alone talking. We plan to see each other again, so I'll let y'all know. :yep: He's like a large cuddly teddy bear. :lol:

ETA: he just asked for my number!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back