2014 What's Happening in Our Relationships?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes love really isn't enough.
Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong era, because when people say they marry for love, I'm like,"and what else :look:?" Just because you love someone doesn't mean you have to be with them. This is like the one area where I'm actually pragmatic :lol:. The man I respect and trust, who I would trust to lead me to the ends of the Earth and back and put my well-being before his own, is the man I want as my future husband :yep:.

Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong era, because when people say they marry for love, I'm like,"and what else :look:?" Just because you love someone doesn't mean you have to be with them. This is like the one area where I'm actually pragmatic :lol:. The man I respect and trust, who I would trust to lead me to the ends of the Earth and back and put my well-being before his own, is the man I want as my future husband :yep:.

I feel the exact same. I always hit them with the "is love gunna make sure these bills get paid? :look: " :lol:
For me personally, love is a piece of the puzzle just like everything else.

I feel so overwhelmed. This isn't about my SO but my dad. His birthday was yesterday. He is seeing a lady now that he seems quite smitten with. Anyhoo, she took him out. He has never been picked up for a date before. She brought him roses, champagne, chocolate and a gift. When he went to dinner she paid. He said he wanted to but she refused. Ladies I wanted to bawl.

My whole life I wanted this for him. He sounds like my younger brother now instead of my dad. I've been telling him about yoga for years but this lady has piqued his interest to try. I've never been afraid to die except to leave him behind. And though they are not engaged or anything, she might be a dream come true for the both of us.

Please send your positve thoughts that they continue. Thank you in advance.

I feel so overwhelmed. This isn't about my SO but my dad. His birthday was yesterday. He is seeing a lady now that he seems quite smitten with. Anyhoo, she took him out. He has never been picked up for a date before. She brought him roses, champagne, chocolate and a gift. When he went to dinner she paid. He said he wanted to but she refused. Ladies I wanted to bawl. My whole life I wanted this for him. He sounds like my younger brother now instead of my dad. I've been telling him about yoga for years but this lady has piqued his interest to try. I've never been afraid to die except to leave him behind. And though they are not engaged or anything, she might be a dream come true for the both of us. Please send your positve thoughts that they continue. Thank you in advance.
That is the sweetest thing ever. I always wished that for my parents and it never happened. How exciting for your dad!!!!!

Sooooo.....another friend of his got engaged and well him....he still doesn't want to get it together. Pushing 50. Wow.....
I'm not judging though *grin*

Sooooo.....another friend of his got engaged and well him....he still doesn't want to get it together. Pushing 50. Wow.....
I'm not judging though *grin*

The older ones...I have no words.

In other news, I got a beautiful bouquet of flowers this week. They went directly in the trash can. And I smiled.

Last edited:
Long story. But if you knew, I have no doubts that you'd give me a standing ovation for trashing them.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Ummm...ok...I was wondering where you went...

I haven't seen Mr. in a week I miss him. I told him we sound like lovesick teenagers. ..I miss you....I miss you more...
No you hang up...lol

Fine 4s that happens to everyone. Whatever happened just know that today is a new day. And tomorrow will be new too. And every day after. Don't be too hard on yourself. Forgive yourself. And do better.

when he looks at me, i can see that he loves me. is that weird? i can't explain it, but i can SEE the love in his eyes. it's such a cool, exciting feeling, it makes my heart race.

Its so easy to spend every waking moment with him. Imma pump the brakes though. We could use some personal/ "no SO" time..... :look:

Well all I know is that I could see the tenderness and emotion in this guys face when we kissed last night teehee .....he called today to say it was breathtaking. I think my self flagellation for my backsliding just disappeared lol

gum on the walls?! you can't be serious . he just pissed me off. the other apt we lived in i found two green gums on the wall and i went off and he said he didn't do it! i went off because i don't do stuff like that. that's so barbaric. then i found a gum on the shower tile. now today in our new apt, he comes home and eats chips and put the gum on the wall. i didn't see him do it but he is the only person. i just went off . he was talking about he was going to get it up. yeah right like how you did in the other apt and i found it several days later hard on the wall. this is like having a freaking kid! now he has walked out and went into the other room and closed the door. cancers i tell you!

WTH?? Why would you put gum on the wall?? I'm sorry, but no. DISGUSTING!! And the fact that he lied about it too last time. Grrrrrrrrllllllll.....

After all the ladies have finished expressing their disgust, get him to read this thread. It's not normal!!

^^^What in the world? A grown man putting gum on the walls of your apartment? Why?

idk! he making his mom look bad. he talked about her being a neat freak but if you were raised like that you wouldn't do stuff like that because naturally you hear your mom yelling at you for doing ish like that

WTH?? Why would you put gum on the wall?? I'm sorry, but no. DISGUSTING!! And the fact that he lied about it too last time. Grrrrrrrrllllllll.....

After all the ladies have finished expressing their disgust, get him to read this thread. It's not normal!!

i know, lied like a child. and we the only one in the house. we have no visitors so who else did it?! Urban i wouldn't show him this thread it would just start an argument, he doesn't like me venting online, but it's better than me going off the way i really want to

i know, lied like a child. and we the only one in the house. we have no visitors so who else did it?! Urban i wouldn't show him this thread it would just start an argument, he doesn't like me venting online, but it's better than me going off the way i really want to

Its funny that he lied, lol.

It is kinda funny to me too. It's like something you'd see on a comedy show like King of Queens or something. You can't make that one up....hilarious! And he gets mad and goes to his room....Lmao! poor baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back