2014 What's Happening in Our Relationships?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Blinks rapidly*. My co-worker has bought me lunch everyday for the last two weeks. He finally got the guts to ask me out last night. He's cute, clearly has a good job and a car, but I'm just not interested in forming ANY type of relationship at this moment. It's me time.

*Blinks rapidly*. My co-worker has bought me lunch everyday for the last two weeks. He finally got the guts to ask me out last night. He's cute, clearly has a good job and a car, but I'm just not interested in forming ANY type of relationship at this moment. It's me time.

I totally hear you. I am in the same phase and I love it!

The other day there was 30 dollars under my my pillow. Then there was thirty dollars in my coat pocket. He just tried to sneak and put money in my purse when I wasn't looking. This dude.

So sweet! I love stuff like this!
He is so sweet....we had a little tiff the other day. I didn't realize until now how much his identity was tied in to his ability to provide. This man has helped me bathe after surgery, fed me, been to all appointments with me, took care of me when I was sick, so many things. But things got tight for him and he was so down. I said baby if I was with you for money I would have been long gone! He's not rich by any means, but he works hard and I know that if he doesn't have that he's out working hard so that he will have. He was so upset. But we worked through it and this man is something special. I love he!!!!!

Attachments

• image-2971953963.jpg
    image-2971953963.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 306
10 months of loving with my SO. It's hard to believe that a year ago I was broken hearted over someone else! Life is funny.

10 months of loving with my SO. It's hard to believe that a year ago I was broken hearted over someone else! Life is funny.

You are so right! I had a brief talk with my ex the other day at church. He was gushing about how "happy" I looked. YUP! I thought about the broken heart, depression, just awfulness of our breakup and didn't feel a THING! Except thank God that it ended!

Our 3 year anniversary is approaching and it's starting to feel like the beginning of the end. I'm just gonna wait and see how everything plays out. I love him, but im sick of the roller coaster it's making me nauseous:sad:

He is so sweet....we had a little tiff the other day. I didn't realize until now how much his identity was tied in to his ability to provide. This man has helped me bathe after surgery, fed me, been to all appointments with me, took care of me when I was sick, so many things. But things got tight for him and he was so down. I said baby if I was with you for money I would have been long gone! He's not rich by any means, but he works hard and I know that if he doesn't have that he's out working hard so that he will have. He was so upset. But we worked through it and this man is something special. I love he!!!!!

Awwwww. Love is so beautiful! You guys are very cute together!

Man one day last week we were talking in my room and my phone lit up and it was that fool that was talking about how he needed to see me one more time. I thought I blocked that dummy. Geesh....I know Mr. saw it. I'm glad I had mentioned his pestering before. I made sure he watched me while I blocked him.....I'm not trying to get caught out there.

Last edited:
My anniversary with DH is next Tuesday. He has something up his sleeve but he won't tell me. All he said was to take a half-day at work. I am definitely intrigued and stumped about what it may be.

Our 3 year anniversary is approaching and it's starting to feel like the beginning of the end. I'm just gonna wait and see how everything plays out. I love him, but im sick of the roller coaster it's making me nauseous:sad:

Do you use the married ladies thread? I find they have a lot of good advice for the good, bad and "meh" times.:yep:

Have you tried therapy? I did it for a few months last year and it transformed the unhelpful parts of our relationship :). I hope things get better for you soon.

I love intimacy.

He's had so much going on this week with work, college and his business show coming up that we slowed our roll somewhat. It's great to reconnect.

Hey ladies,

Just looking for some support.
I’ve been going to a church that I really like. Yesterday we talked about temptation and the 40 days and nights Jesus was in the wilderness and how the Devil came to him etc etc. I thought about my own temptations and while I’m not Christian or follow any particular belief system, I want to continue being a good person, a better version of what I am today. They briefly discussed lent (it wasn’t the focus, we don’t even use a bible. They just have excerpts from The Gospel which we discuss and reflect upon.)
I thought it was a good opportunity to give up talking to my ex for 40 days (it was the first thought that came to mind). I’ve been going through a process of releasing him and I’ve progressed quite well on my own terms and doing everything when I was ready. By ready I mean, I don’t feel too much pain in my heart when certain actions are taken.
Last night, I returned the key to his home without him asking for it and I feel fine 

So, I ask for your positive energy and encouragement to keep walking the path laid out for me in this life.

(((hugs)))

Hey ladies,

Just looking for some support.
I’ve been going to a church that I really like. Yesterday we talked about temptation and the 40 days and nights Jesus was in the wilderness and how the Devil came to him etc etc. I thought about my own temptations and while I’m not Christian or follow any particular belief system, I want to continue being a good person, a better version of what I am today. They briefly discussed lent (it wasn’t the focus, we don’t even use a bible. They just have excerpts from The Gospel which we discuss and reflect upon.)
I thought it was a good opportunity to give up talking to my ex for 40 days (it was the first thought that came to mind). I’ve been going through a process of releasing him and I’ve progressed quite well on my own terms and doing everything when I was ready. By ready I mean, I don’t feel too much pain in my heart when certain actions are taken.
Last night, I returned the key to his home without him asking for it and I feel fine 

So, I ask for your positive energy and encouragement to keep walking the path laid out for me in this life.

(((hugs)))

That sound likes an awesome step to take. I'm sure it will be difficult at times, but I know you can do it if you keep your mind focused!

watching love addiction on tv one makes me appreciate my SO so much. A quote from one of the doctors on the show: breaking up is not an event, its a process.

watching love addiction on tv one makes me appreciate my SO so much. A quote from one of the doctors on the show: breaking up is not an event, its a process.

Yup! Someone told me this years ago.
I commend those that and walk away easily. :yep:

even those that walk away still have a healing process. I guess, I personally can say that wrongly I have used other men to go through that process. Even though I walked away from the bad relationship I got into a new one too soon.

I swear I think what this nation really has is a shortage of mental health professionals. Imagine if before you graduated high school you had to go to a minimum of 4 one hour counseling sessions. And then again, before you left college. And what if companies instituted the same requirement when they promoted people to supervisory positions.

The more I observe, the more I think that most problematic interactions come from a lack of self-esteem and self-love people have towards themselves. Maybe I just notice it because I'm working on it with myself. I realize a lot of my issues in all of my relationships are caused by the feelings I have about me. And I thought I had pretty good self-esteem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back