2014 What's Happening in Our Relationships?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no! What happened?

He just didn't want to get his stuff together and wanted me to be some ride or die street Bonnie. Um, no. The last straw was when he said, I should've given him the money I spent on my dog because he he is down and out. The sense of entitlement. The audacity. He's a loser. I'm done.

So the bf and I talked last weekend and cleared everything up.

Yesterday I went over his house and we cooked together, watched a movie exchanged gifts etc. he said this is the valentines day we should have had from the beginning. It was a good night. He's so sweet and caring....more so than my past bfs. I'm not used to it. Lol. But I love it.

Today we packed leftovers for lunch and I packed him some homemade Jamaican spiced bun I made. After he found out I made it he asked if I'd marry him. Lol! I guess my greens from dinner and the spiced bun hooked him.

We are going to New Orleans for our 3 year anniversary. It just happens to be during spring break. It would be nice if I could lose 10lbs before then

It was so funny yesterday he stopped over after work for a quick chat. My son was upset because he wanted to go to his dads house and he would not pick him up. So of course mommy has to jump in and drive him there. He made me so mad. I was talking to Mr. About how I always have to drop off and pick up.
He said yeah, I know why he's mad. If I had to see you all the time looking all good in those pretty dresses and heels you wear to work and know that I messed up and can't have you, I would be mad too! Lmbo.

(this looks like a good place for a relationship vent post) I'm naturally already jealous when it comes to my boyfriend(been with him for over 2 years), but there's one girl that takes the cake.
First off she's known him for way longer than I have--10+ years. She's his sister's best friend and she used to walk to school with him and they were great childhood friends blah blah. He admitted to me that he had a crush on her in high school, got over it, and then she liked him, but he no longer had feelings for her so nothing ever happened.:nono:Tell me why when they were teenagers, they made a dumb arse pact that they'd get married if neither of them were by the time they were 30 :spinning:

He called her wifey before I came along! This was some long time ago ( a year or more) but I got on his facebook and saw them sending messages back and forth talking about i miss you and some more ish. (nothing sexual just stupid cutesy stuff :cry2:) she was telling him I was crazy. like huuh **** I'll show you crazy. I can ignore a lot of things and not bat an eyelash but I don't play when it comes to my man. ***! I literally broken up with him after that and he called me like crazy for weeks afterwards and apologized and we made up :rolleyes:
Him and I were mad at the time but we both knew it wasn't over--I'm aware that sounds childlike and immature, but we have our fights and it is what it is.

Deep inside she drives me nuts but I don't show it. I've never had a "real" conversation with her, and I catch the **** lookin at me all crazy on more than one occasion. I've talked to my man and he swears he doesn't want her and she's not a threat. BUT I CAN'T HELP IT. OMG. I wish she would disappear. She shows up with his sis with her weave LAID, dressed up lookin like she just walked the red carpet. like wth are you showing up for?? Nobody is checking for you.:look:

End of overly insecure rant...:nono::ohwell:

(this looks like a good place for a relationship vent post) I'm naturally already jealous when it comes to my boyfriend(been with him for over 2 years), but there's one girl that takes the cake.
First off she's known him for way longer than I have--10+ years. She's his sister's best friend and she used to walk to school with him and they were great childhood friends blah blah. He admitted to me that he had a crush on her in high school, got over it, and then she liked him, but he no longer had feelings for her so nothing ever happened.:nono:Tell me why when they were teenagers, they made a dumb arse pact that they'd get married if neither of them were by the time they were 30 :spinning:

He called her wifey before I came along! This was some long time ago ( a year or more) but I got on his facebook and saw them sending messages back and forth talking about i miss you and some more ish. (nothing sexual just stupid cutesy stuff :cry2:) she was telling him I was crazy. like huuh **** I'll show you crazy. I can ignore a lot of things and not bat an eyelash but I don't play when it comes to my man. ***! I literally broken up with him after that and he called me like crazy for weeks afterwards and apologized and we made up :rolleyes:
Him and I were mad at the time but we both knew it wasn't over--I'm aware that sounds childlike and immature, but we have our fights and it is what it is.

Deep inside she drives me nuts but I don't show it. I've never had a "real" conversation with her, and I catch the **** lookin at me all crazy on more than one occasion. I've talked to my man and he swears he doesn't want her and she's not a threat. BUT I CAN'T HELP IT. OMG. I wish she would disappear. She shows up with his sis with her weave LAID, dressed up lookin like she just walked the red carpet. like wth are you showing up for?? Nobody is checking for you.:look:

i'd watch that situation. Sounds strange and if it keeps nagging at you and they're sending cutesy messages and she's bad talking you, that's not good.:nono: Especially since she was calling you crazy and he started to do it too. She has influence. Watch that situation:look:

i'd watch that situation. Sounds strange and if it keeps nagging at you and they're sending cutesy messages and she's bad talking you, that's not good.:nono: Especially since she was calling you crazy and he started to do it too. She has influence. Watch that situation:look:

I think she meant he called her a lot when she said he called her like crazy. But whatevs I would still not trust either one of them. How you gonna be talking cutesy with another woman and let her call me crazy? They are playing a game.

So I'm not crazy and it's agreed that this situation is STRANGE and FISHY. Well, the cutesy messages haven't happened again as far as I know. I told him to please not ever talk to her again. lmao.:look: He said okay, but if she says HI I'm not gonna be rude and ignore her. understandable I guess..:perplexed

I think she meant he called her a lot when she said he called her like crazy. But whatevs I would still not trust either one of them. How you gonna be talking cutesy with another woman and let her call me crazy? They are playing a game.

I really hope not. :cry2: playin a game for almost 3 years though?

Yes, you are right, What I meant by "called me like crazy" was that he was calling me a LOT. BUT he actually DID tell me I sounded crazy too. :ohwell: He didn't say it while we were arguing, he said it when he was trying to fix what he had done. :axehunter:And trust me, it took a lot of convincing for me to take him back. His explanation was that she was saying I was crazy because how could I ever think they had something going on? They're just best friends, almost like family! Except with a marriage pact.:rolleyes:

..... :) ..

Last edited:

I'll say what I said to another poster not long ago..

There's a difference between being insecure about something really minor and being concerned about behaviour that most people would find worrying.

Example: One of my male friends went with his gf to a dinner party with another couple they had met. As they walked to the car he said " I had a good time:). John is a great guy and Sue is funny" . His SO didn't talk to him for a whole night and day because he'd said something positive about a woman. Overly Insecure

Not being comfortable with your SO being close and cutesy with a woman he had a marriage pact with and also called wifey not long before you get together.. Legitimate concern

Feeling worried is a understandable reaction to certain inappropriate situations. I feel like women sometimes mislabel themselves, or get labelled as insecure over things that many men would not feel OK with the other way around.

I'll say what I said to another poster not long ago..

There's a difference between being insecure about something really minor and being concerned about behaviour that most people would find worrying.

Example: One of my male friends went with his gf to a dinner party with another couple they had met. As they walked to the car he said " I had a good time:). John is a great guy and Sue is funny" . His SO didn't talk to him for a whole night and day because he'd said something positive about a woman. Overly Insecure

Not being comfortable with your SO being close and cutesy with a woman he had a marriage pact with and also called wifey not long before you get together.. Legitimate concern

Feeling worried is a understandable reaction to certain inappropriate situations. I feel like women sometimes mislabel themselves, or get labelled as insecure over things that many men would not feel OK with the other way around.

thank you. good thing I have the ladies on this forum cause he does his best to convince me that I'm overreacting :ohwell:
He doesn't see or talk to her much, but it's just ugh when she's around. He tells me I'm gonna have to relax because that's his sister's best friend who's probably not going anywhere seeing as she's been around since they were young. He tells me she's gonna be at our wedding watching us take our vows. I just wanna grab her and tell ol girl that she had ten years and he's snatched up so back off.:catfight:
she's been married and already divorced too..smh..to be fair, they're both 26. I turn 21 in the end of spring.. I'm not giving up on him but if I ever catch anything like that again I'm so done and he knows it..

Our Valentine's Day was a bust and I ended up walking out on him because of a number of things he did wrong. It's been a week since we even talked, more or less looked at each other. I can do the silent treatment better than anyone.

We work together, so it's been really difficult trying to avoid each other. He came up to me this morning and apologized for all the craziness that went down that day, but he had to cut it short because I was like, "Not right now. I must focus on work". We had a staff dinner tonight and I ended up leaving early to take my employee home. I so wanted to tell him how much I missed him, but something said NO! Let him come to you first. He texted me about an hour later saying that he wanted to talk. He called me and I let him have the floor. I'm a Cancer and we have to have the last word. He ended up telling me that he loved me - FINALLY!! After 6 months. I didn't say it back. I'd rather say it in person :kiss2:

SO picked me up from the meetup in the city. He dropped me by the RR where Camryn was parked. We talked for a while and both headed home. I was at the light when all of a sudden I heard knocking at my window. It was him. I rolled down my window and he grabbed me and kissed the he11 out of me. Then the light changed to green by the time he made it to his car. I could not keep my teeth covered after that!!! LOL! I love him so much!

I'm a Virgo.....I analyze EVERYTHING! We have an amazing relationship. I love him and he loves me. That's it. Why do I have to keep going over every little detail in my head. Smh. I'm my own worst enemy.

Last edited:
I'm a Virgo.....I analyze EVERYTHING! We have an amazing relationship. I love him and he loves me. That's it. Why do I have to keep going iver every little detail in my head. Smh. I'm my own worst enemy.

Aw. My baby is a Virgo. I have to get on him about being critical of things, especially of himself.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Aw. My baby is a Virgo. I have to get on him about being critical of things, especially of himself.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I almost can't help it. Sometimes I wonder why he puts up with me.......

Him: I don't think I'm going to the concert on Thursday with my boys.
Me: Oh, why not?
Him: Got other plans.
Me: Like what?
Him: Taking you to dinner.

<3333

I told him that I need more physical affection. Not like sexual, but I'm just touchy feely like that. Like hold my hand randomly, play in my weave :look: alladat.

and he listened. :grin:

DH bought me a swing earlier this week. He set it up in out bedroom, but we havent used it yet. Im a little scared lol. Like what if I fall off:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back