2013/2014 Brides Roll Call & Random Thoughts :-)

Hey @SamandI,

For a destination wedding, I would suggest planning the travel details ASAP, to give your guests the most time possible to secure their flights, hotels, passports (if needed), time off from work, etc.

The food, flowers and music can come later.....

How small is pretty small?

I agree with this. Get the venue and travel details sorted out as soon as possible. The smaller details can wait a while.

How soon after engagement do you start planning? It's likely going to be a pretty small destination wedding in July. I've been chilling, but then these brides on theknot have had like everything done for months now?
I'm not a fussy person. I just want awesome food, flowers and music.m

July as in next month? That doesn't leave much time...

Last edited:
I AM MARRIED!!!!!! :bouncy:

Just had to come back and tell you ladies!
It was the best day of our lives!

I know it's the honeymoon phase, but we love married life!! We are saying it every day to each other! And married sex IS better. :sekret: :giggle: :grin:

I wish the same happiness on you all! Good luck! PM for any advice! I'll try to stop by here as well.

I AM MARRIED!!!!!! :bouncy:

Just had to come back and tell you ladies!
It was the best day of our lives!

I know it's the honeymoon phase, but we love married life!! We are saying it every day to each other! And married sex IS better. :sekret: :giggle: :grin:

I wish the same happiness on you all! Good luck! PM for any advice! I'll try to stop by here as well.

Congratulations! !

Someone recently asked me about my soon-to-be new name and I stumbled while pronouncing it. Its not hard just not used to say it with my first name yet! :)

My initials will still stay the same.

Someone recently asked me about my soon-to-be new name and I stumbled while pronouncing it. Its not hard just not used to say it with my first name yet! :)

My initials will still stay the same.

FH has been calling me Mrs. HisLastName for a while now so I'm hoping the transition won't be too hard for me.

Anyone else going to miss their maiden name? I mean, it's your NAME!! It's not the actual name itself I will miss but what it represents. Feels like I am detaching myself from my past and my family. :(

Please tell me I'm not alone in this.

FH has been calling me Mrs. HisLastName for a while now so I'm hoping the transition won't be too hard for me.

Anyone else going to miss their maiden name? I mean, it's your NAME!! It's not the actual name itself I will miss but what it represents. Feels like I am detaching myself from my past and my family. :(

Yeh I'm with you on this one, I'm going to miss my surname too - and it will be interesting to find out if people will react differently to me based on the new name.

Lol! No, July next year.

SamandI in that case you have plenty of time.

I have found it easiest to organise things in the following order:

1. Venue
2. Caterer
3. Save the dates, wedding website
4. Gift registry
5. Dress
6. DJ
7. Photographer, Videographer
8. Cars
9. Bridesmaids dresses
10. Flowers, centre pieces
11. Chair covers
12. Honeymoon
13. Hotel for night of the wedding
13. Band/entertainment
14. Rings
15. Cake
16. Make-up, hair
17. Invites
18. Shoes
19. Wedding favours
20. Fireworks
21. Bridal underwear
22. Drinks
23. Place names
24. Pictures for the big screen

Once the venues booked and you have your caterer that's when you know it's really happening. Booking the honeymoon and the hotel room you will stay in on the night of the wedding brings back the excitement just as you start to feel weighed down by all the planning.

We finally booked our honeymoon over the weekend, we'll be headed to Mauritius for 8 days!

And as no one seems to know where it is :lol: it's a teeny island in the Indian Ocean.
Mauritius.png

I'm super excited!

Amarilles we booked our honeymoon this week to Martinique and nobody seems to know that it's a french Caribbean Island..

I'm surprised about people not knowing about Mauritius though.

Last edited:
I'm headed to St. Lucia for my honeymoon....can't wait!

I'm not changing my name :look: I love my name the way it is....plus when people call me "Mrs. Fiance'slastname" I keep picturing his mother.

Our future children will carry his last name though

MizAvalon,
Well, Im kind of the opposite. I wanted my last name to change. And now my last name isn't changing! :/ FH and I share the same last name. NO RELATION. WE'VE CHECKED SO DON'T ASK! :lachen::lachen:

SamandI in that case you have plenty of time.

I have found it easiest to organise things in the following order:

1. Venue
2. Caterer
3. Save the dates, wedding website
4. Gift registry
5. Dress
6. DJ
7. Photographer, Videographer
8. Cars
9. Bridesmaids dresses
10. Flowers, centre pieces
11. Chair covers
12. Honeymoon
13. Hotel for night of the wedding
13. Band/entertainment
14. Rings
15. Cake
16. Make-up, hair
17. Invites
18. Shoes
19. Wedding favours
20. Fireworks
21. Bridal underwear
22. Drinks
23. Place names
24. Pictures for the big screen

Once the venues booked and you have your caterer that's when you know it's really happening. Booking the honeymoon and the hotel room you will stay in on the night of the wedding brings back the excitement just as you start to feel weighed down by all the planning.

brittle_hair, I know this list wasn't for me directly but thanks anyhow! I am just so confused at what needs to be done and in what order.

MizAvalon,
Well, Im kind of the opposite. I wanted my last name to change. And now my last name isn't changing! :/ FH and I share the same last name. NO RELATION. WE'VE CHECKED SO DON'T ASK! :lachen::lachen:

brittle_hair, I know this list wasn't for me directly but thanks anyhow! I am just so confused at what needs to be done and in what order.

Glad you find it useful - I'm up to 20 and I have about 10 weeks to go.. I'm determined to be done with the list by end of June. I want July and August to myself to think over the finer detail and practice wedding dances, the schedule etc..

ETA: What a wierd coincidence that you have the same name!

Last edited:
DAMN YOU Wedding Paper Divas! This whole time I have been banking on getting 25% off of my invitations. Yesterday I go to order them and turns out that my particular type of invitation is excluded from the offer! :mad:

On a positive note, I did order my birdcage, flower girl baskets, and ring bearer pillow yesterday so at least I got something accomplished.

I'm getting married August 2015. I spent the last 3 weeks researching venues and catering services. Two days ago I was feeling frustrated and overwhelmed at the costs of things that I want. I told my family that I might as well elope or go down to the courthouse and call it a day even though that's not what I want.

Yesterday my FH and I crunched the numbers again and saw that we overlooked the a venue that we visited. Literally, the wedding brochure was hidden in between another venue's wedding packet. We ran the numbers for the forgotten venue and it was like magic.

It was the least expensive per plate. It had the best bar package for an open premium bar. It has a breathtaking view from the floor to ceiling windows. They only want a 500 deposit and the rest paid in full right before the event. They include a lot of little things too for free.

I'm excited again. I got the most important parts (ceremony site, reception site, and catering service) to be within my budget, even if we invite more people than planned.

I wanted to peek my head in we got back from our honeymoon yesterday we went to Mexico and had an amazing time if you have a IG add me I share a lot there mrs_SweetfaceLuxe ;-) we had a personalized tag so we could see pics our guests took! I'll come back with further details here's a couple of pics for now! Happy Planning it feels good to be apart of the wives club it was truly one of the best days of my life next to bearing my children!

image-343099849.jpg

Our after celebration was the on the run tour with Jay and Bey best wedding gift ever!

Attachments

• image-3368105492.jpg
    image-3368105492.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 102
  • image-3243646251.jpg
    image-3243646251.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 110
What are you planning to wear to your bridal shower? And when is the best time to purchase white?

I'm trying to figure this out now. Probably some sort of summery day dress. I'm also having my MUA do me up for the day so I can be fierce for the pictures.:grin:

I may even consider getting something from Rent The Runway.

I'm trying to figure this out now. Probably some sort of summery day dress. I'm also having my MUA do me up for the day so I can be fierce for the pictures.:grin:

I may even consider getting something from Rent The Runway.

I want to wear a white dress but I can't find one..online that I like. Have you (or anyone else) seen one in a store or online that is reasonable?

Me too! I want to wear white to all wedding related events!

I'm interviewing photographers - one of my biggest concerns is that they know to use lighting properly for black skin tones. I hate seeing group photos and the black folks are unrecognizable because there was no flash used.

So the photographer I wanted is getting married the day before I am. I'm kind of sad because she had the best rate and her photos are beautiful. But now I have to spend about $600 more for two hours less coverage with my plan b option. Good thing is that plan b comes with two just as talented photographers, an album, over 500 edited final pictures, and free portrait sessions for life for my family. So I guess things worked out after all.

Now only if my friend's DJ hookup comes through for only $150 for an all night performance...

Back