2013/2014 Brides Roll Call & Random Thoughts :-)

As far as the invitations. I bought clear avery labels. I wrote our guests names in script and the rest in a pretty print.
On the avery software (free online)you can add pictures. So on my return label I put the pic of the bride and groom.
They came out really nice and unless you looked extra hard you couldn't really see the label. It was easier to do this way than type out addresses for each envelope.
Ill take pics later.

Got all of the invitation samples that I ordered. I ordered 7 but only 2 are real contenders.

Only problem is that with both invitations there isn't any room to put the names of the parents. Just enough space for something like, "Together with our families..." My Mom is paying for about half of the wedding so I did want to include her name but I don't want to have to get the ugly invitation! :lachen:

Anyone have any issues with the wording on the invitations? Any hurt feeling because names were omitted? How did you handle it?

^we only put a poem then 'our names request the pleasure of your company etc'
My mom also did a lot but his mom didn't. She (my mom) was ok with her name not being on the invitations.
We took the less traditional route.

We set up our wedding registries this weekend - Bed Bath & Beyond, Target and Kohl's! All offers great additional perks and deals for the married couple-to-be!

Got all of the invitation samples that I ordered. I ordered 7 but only 2 are real contenders.

Only problem is that with both invitations there isn't any room to put the names of the parents. Just enough space for something like, "Together with our families..." My Mom is paying for about half of the wedding so I did want to include her name but I don't want to have to get the ugly invitation! :lachen:

Anyone have any issues with the wording on the invitations? Any hurt feeling because names were omitted? How did you handle it?

Many modern-style invitations omit the parents names. How about adding your parents names or a entire section thanking them to the wedding program?

We finally booked our honeymoon over the weekend, we'll be headed to Mauritius for 8 days!

And as no one seems to know where it is :lol: it's a teeny island in the Indian Ocean.
Mauritius.png

I'm super excited!

We have a little over 4 months left!!! Time is flying now I understand year long engagements.

I finally sent the save the dates! Our website is live (www.tamaraandmose.com) and I found TWO dresses that I love. My mom will be coming next week to make the final choice. I will have to pay for rush delivery no matter which dress I choose.

The only vendors I need to book are flowers and decor. Oh and hair and makeup.

SweetTea14, :love: the website you've created. I see we are in the same town. PMing you! :grin:

As far as the invitations. I bought clear avery labels. I wrote our guests names in script and the rest in a pretty print.
On the avery software (free online)you can add pictures. So on my return label I put the pic of the bride and groom.
They came out really nice and unless you looked extra hard you couldn't really see the label. It was easier to do this way than type out addresses for each envelope.
Ill take pics later.

CandiedLipgloss,
where da pichas? :lol:

Last edited:
We finally booked our honeymoon over the weekend, we'll be headed to Mauritius for 8 days!

And as no one seems to know where it is :lol: it's a teeny island in the Indian Ocean.
Mauritius.png

I'm super excited!

Lovely!!! We aren't going on our honeymoon until January (getting married in October). I'm so buried in everything else that we haven't decided where we are going yet.

I just looked at the calendar and realized our wedding day is four mouths from today. My heart is racing. I feel like I still have so much to do.

I did say YES to the dress on Friday!!!

I met with two floral and decor vendors. And I booked makeup.

I still need to find a dress for our flower girl. Get my fiance and his guys squared away (we need to do that this weekend).... I still don't have an officiant. The list goes on.

Does anyone know of any good officiants in the Atlanta area? It would be nice if it were a couple but ok if it's not. We are new to the area and haven't found a church yet. We do live together so that cannot be an issue for the officiant/pastor. OMG I'm stressed.

Not sure if this is similar in other states, but our officiant just told me that in the state of Maryland you must get the wedding license for the county where the ceremony is being held .......not where you reside.

We currently live in two different jurisdictions and plan to marry in another.

Last edited:
There is an issue with the Target wedding registry - it will not let me delete any items online even after talking with tech support. I had to go into a store last night and click thru each item on scanning gun to delete.

On the plus side, I did pick up a pint of Ben & Jerry's Salted Caramel ice cream for my troubles! lol

Not sure if this is similar in other states, but our officiant just told me that in the state of Maryland you must get the wedding license for the county where the ceremony is being held .......not where you reside.

We currently live in two different jurisdictions and plan to marry in another.

This is good to know. We are getting married in another county an hour away and I didn't realize this was necessary. Thank you!

There is an issue with the Target wedding registry - it will not let me delete any items online even after talking with tech support. I had to go into a store last night and click thru each item on scanning gun to delete.

On the plus side, I did pick up a pint of Ben & Jerry's Salted Caramel ice cream for my troubles! lol

Its the opposite for me.
Wont let me add anything! Lol

I don't think they have recover from the hacking scandal! :/

I thought about cancelling the Target registry altogether but they have some really cute decor stuff and serving pieces in store that don't even show (no photos available) online.

It is worth actually going to a store and walking around with a scanner.

www.missnowmrs.com is the website for changing your name.

For $30, they will provide and auto fill all of the forms (including Social Security, US Passport, State Driver’s License, USPS and State Voter Registration forms, as well as letters to notify your creditors.) that you will need to notify to change your last name.

www.missnowmrs.com is the website for changing your name. For $30, they will provide and auto fill all of the forms (including Social Security, US Passport, State Driver’s License, USPS and State Voter Registration forms, as well as letters to notify your creditors.) that you will need to notify to change your last name.

That's awesome thanks!

24 more days until the big day omg everything has been smooth sailing until now! Everything is minor but I'm really blessed bc we are done paying everything now I'm just getting little odds and ends and beauty stuff. I have another fitting Friday and I have to get my undergarments. I got my shoes which I love and wanted to share with you all :-) how's everyone doing how much time do y'all have left?!

image-265664908.jpg

I plan on doing a pic like this and this one

Attachments

• image-2716503646.jpg
    image-2716503646.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 38
  • image-1534852589.jpg
    image-1534852589.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 50
  • image-3152520121.jpg
    image-3152520121.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 40
Got the call from the boutique today and my gown has arrived!! They want me to come in sometime in the next two weeks to try it on and discuss what I want as far as alterations.

Also, made up my mind about the invitations and I will be ordering those in the next week or two.

Tomorrow will put me 90 days away from my wedding! SO EXCITED!! :grin:

Is it possible to secure a videographer for full ceremony and reception for $800 or is this wishful thinking?

Or is 4 hours long enough for the videographer to cover ceremony and reception? Or is this wishful thinking too? :lol:

4 hours could definitely be long enough, would depend on what you'd like though. Mine will be there just after my hair is done but before makeup, so he'll be around pretty much all morning until late in the evening.

We're spending $2500 for pictures and video though :ohwell: I sure hope it ends up being worth it.

I think it's definitely doable if your not doing any getting ready clips were paying 1600 for 6 hrs of photos and all day time with the videographer

There is a person that I sent a Save-the-Date postcard to, that I'm now re-thinking if I want to attend the wedding. This "friend" has been surprisingly silent since we've announced our engagement.

Would it be super rude to not send her an invitation, since I'm picking up a weird vibe from her?

Last edited:
I'm not getting married, but i'm planning a bachelorette party for one of my besties. thinking of attire wise what i want us to wear. I HATE tacky penis necklaces and all that. i got a "bride to be" tiara for the bride, and she's gonna wear white. I'm thinking everyone else will wear black, but then we need a matching accessory. Is it cute or nah to have everyone wearing these hipster-ish flower headbands. like so.
tapered_twa_afro_headband.jpg
kinda like grown up flower girls is the idea. is this stupid and will all the other bridesmaids hate me :lol:

I'm not getting married, but i'm planning a bachelorette party for one of my besties. thinking of attire wise what i want us to wear. I HATE tacky penis necklaces and all that. i got a "bride to be" tiara for the bride, and she's gonna wear white. I'm thinking everyone else will wear black, but then we need a matching accessory. Is it cute or nah to have everyone wearing these hipster-ish flower headbands. like so. kinda like grown up flower girls is the idea. is this stupid and will all the other bridesmaids hate me :lol:

Find some pins that say bridesmaid. I ordered some really cute ones online in May for a bachelorette/bridal shower

There is a person that I sent a Save-the-Date postcard to, that I'm now re-thinking if I want to attend the wedding. This "friend" has been surprisingly silent since we've announced our engagement. Would it be super rude to not send her an invitation, since I'm picking up a weird vibe from her?

Yes, it would. After sending a Save The Date you pretty much have to invite her now.

How soon after engagement do you start planning? It's likely going to be a pretty small destination wedding in July. I've been chilling, but then these brides on theknot have had like everything done for months now?
I'm not a fussy person. I just want awesome food, flowers and music.m

How soon after engagement do you start planning? It's likely going to be a pretty small destination wedding in July. I've been chilling, but then these brides on theknot have had like everything done for months now?
I'm not a fussy person. I just want awesome food, flowers and music.m

Hey SamandI,

For a destination wedding, I would suggest planning the travel details ASAP, to give your guests the most time possible to secure their flights, hotels, passports (if needed), time off from work, etc.

The food, flowers and music can come later.....

How small is pretty small?

Back