2013/2014 Brides Roll Call & Random Thoughts :-)

Have you ladies starting buying wedding essentials ie ring bearer pillow flower basket guestbook etc? I've been really lucky with lightinthebox.com, invitations by dawn (personalized cocktail napkins) Joanne's fabric 50% off coupons (got my flower girl basket for 9.00) and I got my monogrammed fabric aisle runner from astarrynight a seller on etsy my planner is ordering everything else I still need a card box, frames for our Mr and Mrs signs (prob do Hobby Lobby ) and other nicknacks, personalized cake cutter/flutes Question are you all doing favors I'm on the fence bc ppl always throw these away

I'm doing some kind of favor but only something useful. With the exception of one wedding where they gave each guest a wine glass, I have either thrown the favor away or it's in some junk drawer somewhere never to be seen since the day of wedding. Cutesy things or monogrammed things are only cute the day of the wedding. It's only cute to you and 99% of the time people just throw it away.

FH and I like wine so we may give everyone a bottle of wine and a wine glass. I'm not sure yet.

We're counting our photo booth as the favors and guest book.

This is what my gf is doing a photo booth along with a candy bar and cigar booth (w the guy making them) I just ugh Idk.

I will be doing welcome gift boxes for our out of town family (Cincinnati hometown faves :-) and toiletries with a thank you but I figure free liquor wine beer and 3 course meal should be good enough idk what's a good keepsake

I'm doing some kind of favor but only something useful. With the exception of one wedding where they gave each guest a wine glass, I have either thrown the favor away or it's in some junk drawer somewhere never to be seen since the day of wedding. Cutesy things or monogrammed things are only cute the day of the wedding. It's only cute to you and 99% of the time people just throw it away. FH and I like wine so we may give everyone a bottle of wine and a wine glass. I'm not sure yet.

That's sounds like one of my bridesmaids gifts I'm giving monogrammed (their names) champagne glass w mini moet bottles

So my small civil ceremony (in DH's home country) went by smooth as ever this past Saturday...except for the fact that 1. Aunt flow cameaflowin 2. it rained all day 3. I had caught a cold 2 days prior and awoke Saturday with a barely-audible man voice. Aside from all that, it was perfect! :lol: The religious ceremony/large reception will take place in my hometown in the states, in late July. So I still have a wedding to plan.

My transitioning hair held it more or less together, but it really swelled up during our reception as it was pouring of course as we entered the restaurant. I suppose it could've been a lot worse though, so no complains! Lol.

Attachments

• 51.jpg
    51.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 175
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    477.8 KB · Views: 159
Amarilles Congrats!!!! Beautiful couple! I'm coming up soon. eeek!

So we have finally decided on our wedding bands! I have always dreamed of a plain platinum band and now, it looks like I will be having a diamond eternity custom made. I love it, but really love the simplicity of the plain band against my ring. Everyone hated the plain band and said it was ugly. :ohwell: I might just go ahead and order the plain one anyway. :look:

My dress came and it fits beautifully, although its a bit tight in the thigh area when i sit down, so might get it loosened for comfort although i don't want it to look loose when i stand up. I really can't be gaining any weight in the next 4 months and they had the usual pizza fiesta at work and i had no will power not to have any pizza...

My dress came and it fits beautifully, although its a bit tight in the thigh area when i sit down, so might get it loosened for comfort although i don't want it to look loose when i stand up. I really can't be gaining any weight in the next 4 months and they had the usual pizza fiesta at work and i had no will power not to have any pizza...

This is what worries me. How do you keep your weight exactly the same for 3 or 4 months?!

I know for me, I lose in the bust area really quickly. I'm scared that if I lose a few pounds between final fitting and wedding day the bustline on my dress will be loose.

This is what worries me. How do you keep your weight exactly the same for 3 or 4 months?! I know for me, I lose in the bust area really quickly. I'm scared that if I lose a few pounds between final fitting and wedding day the bustline on my dress will be loose.

Can you "Stuff" it? I'm waiting on my dress to be delivered from the boutique I got it from I'm hoping I'm still in love we have a little over 45 days left until the wedding I'm wrapping up a lot really happy things are in order

I said YES to the Dress!! :yahoo: :yahoo: Im so excited! It still feels weird that I'm getting married. I guess weird is the wrong word...surreal is the better word! I can't wait to marry my FH!! :yahoo: :dance7:

I said YES to the Dress!! :yahoo: :yahoo: Im so excited! It still feels weird that I'm getting married. I guess weird is the wrong word...surreal is the better word! I can't wait to marry my FH!! :yahoo: :dance7:

Yayy!!!!! So fun when you find "the one"!

I've been looking for wedding lingerie and bathrobes to give my girls and myself I want to DIY them I've found some great ideas from Pinterest too

So my small civil ceremony (in DH's home country) went by smooth as ever this past Saturday...except for the fact that 1. Aunt flow cameaflowin 2. it rained all day 3. I had caught a cold 2 days prior and awoke Saturday with a barely-audible man voice. Aside from all that, it was perfect! :lol: The religious ceremony/large reception will take place in my hometown in the states, in late July. So I still have a wedding to plan.

My transitioning hair held it more or less together, but it really swelled up during our reception as it was pouring of course as we entered the restaurant. I suppose it could've been a lot worse though, so no complains! Lol.

Amarilles Look at you!! Beautiful!! Even if your special day wasn't complete perfection, you two look fantastic. So spill where was the wedding France or Canada? Lol

You're all so dang sweet :blush3: Solila girl those Canadians were trying to give me the boot at every turn, it most def wasn't there! :lol: it was some 40ish minutes from our home in Paris. Things are done pretty differently here, it was definitely a learning experience...I can't wait to show these Frenchyfolk how things go down in the states, lol. 2 more months!

You're all so dang sweet :blush3: Solila girl those Canadians were trying to give me the boot at every turn, it most def wasn't there! :lol: it was some 40ish minutes from our home in Paris. Things are done pretty differently here, it was definitely a learning experience...I can't wait to show these Frenchyfolk how things go down in the states, lol. 2 more months!

Amarilles Ooo, double wedding!!! See that's how you do it! Do you have a huge extended family now in Paris.

Went for our menu tasting last night. Everything was delicious!

I still have quite a bit to do but things are coming along nicely.

Can't believe that in 14 short weeks I am going to be a wife! :grin:

Hope this isn't too personal but is anyone doing a full-on dress up on wedding night? I love the idea of that and will most likely buy an outfit but we will probably be too tired to actually do anything! :lachen:

After all of the hoopla of the wedding day, finally retiring to our room, having him(very carefully!!) help me out of my gown, I'm thinking that I'm just not going to have the energy to get dressed up in a complicated outfit. But then again maybe I will be so geeked that I will be bouncing off the walls! :lachen:

Who has cute wedding night stuff that won't break the bank?

We have a little over 4 months left!!! Time is flying now I understand year long engagements.

I finally sent the save the dates! Our website is live (www.tamaraandmose.com) and I found TWO dresses that I love. My mom will be coming next week to make the final choice. I will have to pay for rush delivery no matter which dress I choose.

The only vendors I need to book are flowers and decor. Oh and hair and makeup.

How are you ladies addressing your invitation envelopes? I really want calligraphy but its just too expensive. I'm thinking about trying to learn on my own before July. If push comes to shove I will have them printed in a calligraphy font.

MizAvalon I haven't thought about wedding night festivities at all. I doubt that I dress up though. I'm already tired and the day hasn't even come yet.

^^^Good question about the envelopes. I also checked into calligraphy but it was just too much.

In the end, I will probably just write them out myself. I am already overbudget as it is, a lot of the little touches that I wanted(like calligraphy and menu cards) are just going to have to be let go.

Also, just wanted to say that I hope this day turns out to be all that I hope because honestly if it wasn't for the lost money and the embarrassment of it all I would call the whole thing off and just have something small with like 20 people.

While parts of the wedding planning have been fun it has mostly been stressful and very, very expensive. If I had known beforehand that all of this was involved I wouldn't have done it.

I get my husband at the end of all this madness so that's what I'm most happy about. :)

Also, just wanted to say that I hope this day turns out to be all that I hope because honestly if it wasn't for the lost money and the embarrassment of it all I would call the whole thing off and just have something small with like 20 people.

While parts of the wedding planning have been fun it has mostly been stressful and very, very expensive. If I had known beforehand that all of this was involved I wouldn't have done it.

I get my husband at the end of all this madness so that's what I'm most happy about. :)

I could have written this myself.

Also, just wanted to say that I hope this day turns out to be all that I hope because honestly if it wasn't for the lost money and the embarrassment of it all I would call the whole thing off and just have something small with like 20 people. While parts of the wedding planning have been fun it has mostly been stressful and very, very expensive. If I had known beforehand that all of this was involved I wouldn't have done it. I get my husband at the end of all this madness so that's what I'm most happy about. :)

My sentiments exactly! Everyone asks are you ready and I just think to myself we should have went to city hall and spent all this money on a luxurious 2 week honeymoon!

Hope this isn't too personal but is anyone doing a full-on dress up on wedding night? I love the idea of that and will most likely buy an outfit but we will probably be too tired to actually do anything! :lachen: After all of the hoopla of the wedding day, finally retiring to our room, having him(very carefully!!) help me out of my gown, I'm thinking that I'm just not going to have the energy to get dressed up in a complicated outfit. But then again maybe I will be so geeked that I will be bouncing off the walls! :lachen: Who has cute wedding night stuff that won't break the bank?

Try Spurst.com bellabellaboutique.com it's not agent provocateur or LaPerla but they have some cute (Freaky) pieces lol

The Save-the-Dates went out on Monday, our website is live, and I confirmed the pastor for the ceremony. People have asked for our registries and the wedding is four months away!

My wedding is in a few days and I couldnt agree with you more!!!!!!!!!

secretdiamond, just wanted to say congratulations and that I hope your wedding this weekend is awesome! When things settle down, please come back in here and let us know how everything was! :)

Back